test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why were only some feat points refunded & not all?

sollanesollane Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi
I have searched the forums & cannot find an answer to this.
Why have only some feat points been refunded.? My mage only had 11 refunded & my rogue had 16.
Is this a ploy to make me spend astral diamonds to get a full respect as 5 to 10 feat points are stuck in filler feats on all my characters.
If your going to do a refund of feat points do all of them not just some.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xginocidexxginocidex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it's because they added feats into the current paragon path trees. In all cases the new feats were put in the middle of the tree so it reset the ones that followed it.

They gave all a free respec. On the powers page you'll see where it says "Respec Character" This way you can put your points back to somewhat how they were. Seeing how they added 10 levels you may not be able to have what you had before until you hit level 70.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Aye, for any character that only got a partial respec, as you stated you got, you'll find a free full respec token in your Powers tab. Click on "Respec Character" then choose to use the free respec. The respec on the Feats tab is for Feats only and costs AD.
  • Options
    styley177styley177 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd advise to wait till it settles down a bit first tho before using full free respec, ive just respent the points that got taken off and am waiting to respec properly once level 70 and i have a better idea how it will all work out
  • Options
    ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do wonder how many players are not even aware of that respec button and who just reallocate those few feat points and carry on playing.
    I'd assumed that I'd login after the launch and find each toon entirely "unbuilt" (deconstructed?) requiring me to immediately spend time reallocating everything. I much prefer the way they've done it but it is not at all obvious that the respec is there!
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I refuse to respec my characters.

Perhaps I could trade my respec token for AD. Or zen. Or a Mod 6 that is fresh, new and creative.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    gallienus2gallienus2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited April 2015
    Noticed that with new Mod, all my toons only have 50 feat points, instead of 60 as before, even after respec. Is this correct, or a bug?
  • Options
    ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I refuse to respec my characters.

Hehe. As protests go, that's a particularly rubbish one (unless you have it printed on a t-shirt).
    But I bow to your integrity... ;p
  • Options
    ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gallienus2 wrote: »
    Noticed that with new Mod, all my toons only have 50 feat points, instead of 60 as before, even after respec. Is this correct, or a bug?

i think its wai, just set up the feats urself.. if theyre missing then send a ticket and support will u as usual like tey always do

regards
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gallienus2 wrote: »

I noticed this as well, but only on some of my characters. Since all of my characters are level 60, I had enough feat points for all of them to select a capstone feat (last one in the set). Now, I don't have enough points on some of my level 60 characters to reach the capstone feat. Seems like a pretty serious bug to me, unless I am missing something . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I noticed this as well, but only on some of my characters. Since all of my characters are level 60, I had enough feat points for all of them to select a capstone feat (last one in the set). Now, I don't have enough points on some of my level 60 characters to reach the capstone feat. Seems like a pretty serious bug to me, unless I am missing something . . .

You have 31 paragon feats. If you have multiple tier 1 or tier 2 from different paragon path, those stayed there. Like my TR had tier 1 from all trees, so once Mod 6 came out, any feats above tier 2 got refunded. I didn't have enough to get back to my capstone until I leveled up.

If you want capstone right away, use the free respec.
  • Options
    sollanesollane Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for replying to my post. I didnt spot the free respec button on the powers tab.
    I did think it mad the way they only refunded some of the feats on the feats tree.