test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter crashes: Fatal Error Direct 3D driver returned error code

Comments

• ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just posted this elsewhere which reminded me of this thread.

After mod 6 launched I suddenly started getting gameclient.exe crashes and Direct 3D errors.

Once I found I could login in safe mode I could play with settings. I went to the options-display tab and tried some different display card drivers (the top drop-down box - probably says "auto"). I had a choice of DirectX 9, 10 and 11 with a #1 and #2 variant of each. The first one to work for me was DirectX9 #1 so it will stay on that option until we hear more. Have a play. Maybe it will work for some of you too.
  • ehhhhhhwatehhhhhhwat Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2015
    Grrrr I been trying to start game for the past 2 hours trying pretty much any combination of launcher options :( no sucess...
    *Bashes head on the wall*
    T^T
    edited April 2015
    Somebody halp me Q_____________________________________________________Q
    edited April 2015
    Is this issue even having priority ?
    People are unable to play :(
    This thread has almost 25k view...
    C'MON :<
  • datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hi akromatic
    how do we get the dxdiag TXT file to you?
    where is the appropriate place in the forums?
  • datura80datura80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    swapilot wrote: »
    Okay, typed to soon. Safe Mode worked and I played for a while and had to log out. Twice now I have tried to log in using Safe Mode and it goes through the 10-20 minute verfying process then gives me a play button. Hit play and back to the above sreens/notifications.

all of this is my experience as well. I am sorry mate, I hope they can find out what's bugging us out.
    My graphics driver is brand new fresh and game was working lovely fine last night before patch.
    starting in safe mode works for me, but again having to verify each time the game loads.
  • ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Go to the bugs section of the forum and read the Direct 3d post. Some ideas in there might give you a workaroud. Start with my post from earlier. It worked for me.

Edit:
    Linky:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?646001-Neverwinter-crashes-Fatal-Error-Direct-3D-driver-returned-error-code&p=10481161&viewfull=1#post10481161
  • eritheyleritheyl Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seriously, still nothing?
    edited April 2015
    Okay after 8 hours of googling , reviewing countless posts and attempting countless tries I found this posted in some old post by Sominator:

1. Run the Neverwinter launcher.
    2. Open the Options dialog.
    3. Add the following to the Advanced command line field: -d3d11Enable 0

So what I did to manage to get to character screen was:

I only had launch in safe mode option selected
    &
    Had this put into command line: -d3d11Enable 0

Hope it works for you guys to ^^
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    datura80 wrote: »
    hi akromatic
    how do we get the dxdiag TXT file to you?
    where is the appropriate place in the forums?

Try attaching it to a support ticket on https://support.arcgames.com/app/home
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• eritheyleritheyl Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ehhhhhhwat wrote: »
    Had this put into command line: -d3d11Enable 0

You beautiful child, come unto my bosom.

IT WORKS.
  • laurabloodfanglaurabloodfang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Okay so.. I don't know a thing about computers, I am currently re-installing Neverwinter AND Arc, for the 4th time. I have been getting the same error over and over again and when I hear other people can play it peeves me off. I want to create my paladin dammit. Please anyone, explain this to me, I don't know anything about computers.
    Sincerely thanks,
    Loraaga Spelloyal.
    edited April 2015
    Okay so.. I don't know a thing about computers, I am currently re-installing Neverwinter AND Arc, for the 4th time. I have been getting the same error over and over again and when I hear other people can play it peeves me off. I want to create my paladin dammit. Please anyone, explain this to me, I don't know anything about computers.
    Sincerely thanks,
    Loraaga Spelloyal.

When you have launcher window there is options link top right hand of the screen , if you click that it will pop another menu.
    Scroll down a little you will see "Safe Mode" option under Game section make sure that is ticked.
    At the bottom of the same menu there will be command line you will have to copy paste this into it: -d3d11Enable 0
    Make sure you press save button afterwards.
    That's about it, you are good to start :)
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All I know is all worked well Monday night. Today, even the safe mode does not even work. Sent in a ticket to customer support but no reply. I bet they are busy. I understand some glitches, but this is well beyond that.
  • richienah2015richienah2015 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ive been playing always and since the new update came out 2 comps stopped working on neverwinter and i never had trouble with it at all it always worked fine and smooth for me plzz neverwinter fix this i hope its a cryptic error =/
    edited April 2015
    hope it gets fixed =/ so i can play again
  • roknorr1roknorr1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This fix worked for me:

1.Locate the GamePrefs.pref file in the game installation folder
    2.Delete the GamePrefs.pref file
    3.Restart the game

Example: For Neverwinter the file can be found in the \Neverwinter_en\localdata folder.
  • ryderstromeryderstrome Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I tried the Safe Mode method with the code and was able to launch the game. Everything worked fine, but the graphics were incredibly fuzzy in gameplay, yet strangely fine on my character sheet. Is this normal in Safe Mode? Or is there another solution I should be trying?
  • tamipaladintamipaladin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had trouble loading after the patch but was finally able to get it to work. I have no clue how that happened. But now that it's working I have no sound in the game? Any ideas?
    edited April 2015
    How does one locate the game installation folder?
  • crankykong64crankykong64 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got the same thing. I ran it in every compatibility mode from windows 8 to XP service pack 3. XP/SP3 runs the game with no sound. Vista runs the game at about 1 frame every 20 seconds, windows 7 and windows 8 crash at startup. If you don't care about the sound you can just set the game to always be run in compatibility for XP/SP3. Gonna try safemode in windows 8 now.
    edited April 2015
    I should have been more clear earlier; I tried manually setting the graphics up in-game, but there was no change except on my character sheet for whatever reason.

I have since tried deleting the GamePrefs.pref file, but this backfired on me. Now I can only get Neverwinter to run while my computer itself is in Safe Mode With Networking, and when I do the game runs INCREDIBLY sluggishly on top of having fuzzy graphics. Even after setting the graphics driver down to Direct X 9 (on the Display tab in-game) I cannot load up the game when my desktop is in Standard Mode (?) and I set the game to Safe Mode via the Options tab on the launcher. I used to be able to do this, but now I can't.

*Sigh* This isn't fun. I hope the maintenance tomorrow fixes things.
  • ladyllothladylloth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am also getting this same error code now, even though I was playing just fine like 4 hours ago. Now I can't get the game to load at all.
  • charlesnewellcharlesnewell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Run game in compatibility with windows xp service pack 3 and run as administrator it worked for me
    edited April 2015
    i extraced the files you gave me and put it in the folder where you guys told me to put it in
    it still gives me a error

Fatal Error: Direct3d driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query .

Technical Details: Sync query 1 0X1201ba00 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 NF
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

1.ive been playing neverwinter on this Pc a Long time and it stopped working after the New patch

2. i reinstalled windows tottaly over made sure all my updates where up to date and graphics as well

3. i checked my firewall

4. i have no team speak or teamviewer

5. i fixed it on my laptop the same error with the client you guys told us to put it in the folder so that worked
    i dont get why it wont work on this computer i tryed anything that was possibole you guys advised me to do on forums

plz help me so i can play on my normall pc aswell thx
  • roknorr1roknorr1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Darn. This "fix" worked for me yesterday. But today I still have the "Fatal Error: Direct3D driver" and that fix is not working for me. :(
    edited April 2015
    Try put this in command line in options in launcher while starting game:

-d3d11Enable 0
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OKAY, 2 hours of shard mx so I am hoping this problem was fixed. Boy was I wrong. Two days in and I can't log in. Even my patience is being stretched. I am getting the feeling the money I spend is what matters, not my happiness with the product!
  • innerrevealedinnerrevealed Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same prob.. every maintenance has prob what the hell?
  • babyjmrbabyjmr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I been working around this by using a previous version of windows. I couldnt get sound but gameplay was fine. Today for some reason its not. I have tried running it in safe mode and adding the -d3d11Enable 0 code in but still not working. I put it my password and game just crashes.