test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

you are now fighting at lvl 70.. yet not

b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 384 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
starting at lvl 60.. I can no longer do Sharandar.. as they're all 70+ and kill me instantly. but I just tried a Rothe Valley Quest (the on where you travel in the cart) It loaded and said you're now fighting at lvl 70.. increased powers etc (I'm currently 62.5) they're all 70+. and what happened? dead.

am I missing something? or is it even pointless to try to do what we've all been able to do before. until I/we hit 70?
Post edited by b0rkch0p on

Comments

• thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I haven't got into Mod 6 yet - it crashed when I tried so I went to bed - but from what I gather is you need to forget about Dread Ring/Sharandar/IWD/WOD until you hit 70 and start off by going to the lowest-level new campaign area.

As an example; when my GF was scaled to 70 in IWD my HP was at 85k (Purified BI, HP boons, R9 Radiants) but a true level 70 GF will have around 120k to 140k HP.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    back to the grind.. ;)
  • ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, it seems all those areas we know and love are now off-limits, or at least very difficult, until we have levelled further and geared up a bit more. I think we are supposed to scale to the content but they are just trashing me atm.

So I think the only way forward is to take the new quest line from Knoxy in PE and level up that way. Mind you, one of my mains is struggling with that too. I just cannot survive long enough to beat even the mini-bosses. I end up kiting around waiting for my healer and potion cooldowns to expire to the extent that I can't get any damage in...

I might end up in pre-60 stuff until I gain a few levels. Crazy but true.
  • hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was playing Sharandar when the server went down so yesterday I was booted into the same spot where I was killing some weak little Redcaps only this time I got 1-shotted.
    edited April 2015
    I like a lot of the changes.. and I'm sure once the leveling is done I'll be back to the normal feeling. .but this grind.. repeating the same quests over and over just for 2k increases is depressing.. I wish there was at least some type of storyline.. only 40k more XP and I'll be 43.. where there is sup to be new content. come on lvl 70 ;p
  • miomans0miomans0 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i think they want you to go to (Sharandar /dread ring / iwd /well of dragon) at level 70 or near 70 the issue is they are available at level 60 even the Sharandar introduction quest have lvl 71 mobs and that should be completable by fresh lvl 60
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    miomans0 wrote: »
    i think they want you to go to (Sharandar /dread ring / iwd /well of dragon) at level 70 or near 70 the issue is they are available at level 60 even the Sharandar introduction quest have lvl 71 mobs and that should be completable by fresh lvl 60

My dc did some yesterday.. it was challenging , but doable, reminded me of when i first started playing.

Sharander and Dread ring seem ok, some parts of iwd are much harder though.

Sadly none of them are worth doing exp wise over the new leveling zones, as they give the same crappy exp.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are SoT, LoL, and ToT doable under 70?
    edited April 2015
    whats strange about it is the fact in my quest log it says it's a level 60 quest.. obv not.. =/ ah well.. thanks for the input
    edited April 2015
    Are SoT, LoL, and ToT doable under 70?

you cant do esot or elol until 70.. and Tiamat scales, but you wont be doing it, I see people in there still calling for timers and chuckle.
  • logsenderlogsender Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am new to neverwinter (only playing 5 weeks )been on Sharandar 2 or 3 days and now even the red caps kill me what should I do thinking about dumping neverwinter asa there seems to be no point going on.
  • calithancalithan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    b0rkch0p wrote: »
    starting at lvl 60.. I can no longer do Sharandar.. as they're all 70+ and kill me instantly. but I just tried a Rothe Valley Quest (the on where you travel in the cart) It loaded and said you're now fighting at lvl 70.. increased powers etc (I'm currently 62.5) they're all 70+. and what happened? dead.

am I missing something? or is it even pointless to try to do what we've all been able to do before. until I/we hit 70?

Have noticed the same thing. My poor, little TR is struggling to solo in Sharandar, Dread Ring, IceWind Dale, etc--anywhere I'm artificially raised to lvl 70. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times I've died in these areas since the update. Whatever mechanic was used by Cryptic to allow us to play these areas is broken or, at the least, insufficient.

Heading back to the new area to train up, so I can continue the other campaigns.
  • bammurbammur Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    On the plus side, my daily grinds are over until I level or they play test the 'you are now 70' zones.

On the negative side, for a new 60 (I'm just relatively new) the boons are pretty much out of reach. Oddly enough, the Vault of Nine has also been turned into an artificial 70 zone, which is odd since it's now a level 60 quest with no other requirements.
  • styley177styley177 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    logsender wrote: »
    I am new to neverwinter (only playing 5 weeks )been on Sharandar 2 or 3 days and now even the red caps kill me what should I do thinking about dumping neverwinter asa there seems to be no point going on.

Pls dont quit because of this, you are not really supposed to be able to do this (at least not easily, i was approx 18k GS before changes and even then is still tough in places, and IWD is impossible for me too).

Do the new quest line from Serg Knox, level and gear up to 70 and you'll be back to Shar, DR and IWD no worries :D
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My 14k (old Mod5 gs) TR was doing more or less OK in Sharandar solo yesterday. Squishier but also hitting twice as hard. My other classes (including my 21k main) hardly survived a couple of seconds.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • bammurbammur Member Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    logsender wrote: »

As newish level 60 (x3) I have t1 epic gear and had about 10.5 to 11.5k GS. With the new non-GS GS it's about 1000 iirc.

Anyway, the green rewards for the starter Minsc quests replaced some of the T1 epic gear. I expect that we will be gearing up pretty quickly and may be able to play in the campaign zones before 70. Maybe.
  • arfa2309arfa2309 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I faced the same problem. It was very embarrasing when I got killed by.... Quicklings. Repeatedly. In their den.
    It took me several tries to take down the knight commander in the dread ring, and I have not tried a Sharandar lair yet (probably will do so today, yesterday I cleaned the reservoir and some minor quests).
    I got very angry at some of the changes. Specially at the dread ring lairs. The difficult has been largely increased but the rewards were nerfed. Not only you can not stash the treasure troves to open them on a proper day anymore (I did that on mondays and fridays) but also you are no longer granted a greater mark. Now you can get a greater, normal or minor mark (I got a minor, of course)
    Sorry for any spelling mistake. English is a foreigner language to me.
  • calithancalithan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Was dumbfounded yesterday when a yeti took half my health in one swipe after the update. Before the update, could dance circles around them. Not only are monsters in the artificial 70 zones hitting harder, our weapons are doing far less damage--and I have a golden dragon stiletto in my off-hand. Sure it's only rank 24, but before the update it did a helluva lot more damage.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not only bad for players with moderate GS. I did an acid test in Dread Ring last night. The designers have piled so many disadvantages onto players that the enemies may as well be level 100 -- the difficulty is just absurd.

Sadly, I'm skeptical that this will really be fixed, as that would require that whoever thought this was a good idea swallow his pride and admit a gross error in judgment. That's hard for a lot of people to do.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    you cant do esot or elol until 70.. and Tiamat scales, but you wont be doing it, I see people in there still calling for timers and chuckle.

If they scale ToT as well as "you are now 70" Sharandar/DR/IWD/WoD, then its pretty much a waste of time if the group has a number of under 70.
    edited April 2015
    another crazy thing is all my eq.. is lvl 60 eq. as I lvl up.. even if I were to put on the green lvl 60+ stuff.. it wouldn't help me any.. three of these lvl 63 guys almost kill me.. if I aggro more than 4 or 5.. I end up limping out of that fight.. I really hope this changes when lvl 70 hits.. other wise my poor DC will be useless in dungeons .. poor lil guy..

just did this Pirates Ship again.. the 61 lvl guy just took one swipe and took nearly 1/4 of my HP.. I'm nearly lvl 64.. those lil buggers need to drop some of their eq ;p
    edited April 2015
    its not as terrible as described...

I would skip IWD , its hardest of the areas. If you had 17-20k in old gear score, you should have no problem with most of the scaled items other then there, your not going to do the elites alone.

Or.. just skip it and go to the leveling zones or run the 3 mans (they give pretty good return of exp and are pretty much soloable, so even in a poor group, doesnt matter)
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They did mention that now the critters are much tougher when 3 levels above you instead of at 5 levels above. So if you are 60 and they are 63 then it will be probably like lvl 65 was before. But still things shouldn't be as tough as they are if its boosting you to lvl 70.

I guess they figure you will just level to 70 before doing any of that stuff..doesn't look like 60-70 will be a big deal...played 3 hours and got to 61. So its not going to take long to get to level 70. Then we will see how hard this stuff is.
    b0rkch0p wrote: »
    another crazy thing is all my eq.. is lvl 60 eq. as I lvl up.. even if I were to put on the green lvl 60+ stuff.. it wouldn't help me any.. three of these lvl 63 guys almost kill me.. if I aggro more than 4 or 5.. I end up limping out of that fight.. I really hope this changes when lvl 70 hits.. other wise my poor DC will be useless in dungeons .. poor lil guy..

just did this Pirates Ship again.. the 61 lvl guy just took one swipe and took nearly 1/4 of my HP.. I'm nearly lvl 64.. those lil buggers need to drop some of their eq ;p
    edited April 2015
    empalas wrote: »
    They did mention that now the critters are much tougher when 3 levels above you instead of at 5 levels above. So if you are 60 and they are 63 then it will be probably like lvl 65 was before. But still things shouldn't be as tough as they are if its boosting you to lvl 70.

I guess they figure you will just level to 70 before doing any of that stuff..doesn't look like 60-70 will be a big deal...played 3 hours and got to 61. So its not going to take long to get to level 70. Then we will see how hard this stuff is.

*shrugs.. it's more so the blind grinding.. over and over.. not daily.. but over and over.. quest after quest.. and even more depressing.. the XP you get is <2500 most of the time..
  • drizzt2510drizzt2510 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nope, the thing is even the Elemental Evil line which starts with the downed shore is pretty difficult when inside a dungeon, for tanks and healers maybe its okay, but for us Hunter Rangers, its really a pain. We have the Tank companion, but that doesn't help much, seems the enemy NPC is encoded to be having a pretty hard layer for killing. Unless an HR like me teams up with another player, its not going to work for them properly. But I can see many people team up while playing those quests. Probably I need similar strategy too to pass through these quests.
  • drizzt2510drizzt2510 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To be very specific in this case, there is a quest inside a dungeon (Not a standard Dungeon party), and I have to kill the boss inside, its named "Goldseeker's folly". I reached all the way up to her lair, draining my cache of costly health potions, only to be killed by her attack within 3-4 blows. I mean what the hell. I tried my class power Forest Ghost to hide me from them, was able to kill her 2 hurricane companion, but still could not complete it. I doubt that even if I lvl up my HR till lvl 70, its going to be any change for me. And all the rogues inside that area are lvl 62 almost 4 lvls beneath my lvl 66, yet I am a puny in front of them. Well I heard for few CW, GWF, OP, GF to be able to do it, only because of their tanking/healing properties, but what choice a HR has, he is neither, he is just a guy who loves to ambush.