test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

leveling Alchemy in Mod 6

feebelmindedfeebelminded Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I went over to the preview server to test out alchemy. There is no task available to level it from 20 to 21. The lvl 20 Alchemy Research isn't there.

Anyone else have this issue? I sure hope it gets fixed before launch.
Post edited by feebelminded on

Comments

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    it is there, i just checked. Did you complete the rank 20 experimentations? There are a number of those to complete first before the Research task will appear
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You can do the rank 20 experimentation now....bout 3-4 successful times so when mod 6 arrives, you can level-up to 21.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes, this is an important prep task for Mod 6: run Rank 20 Experimentation until you unlock 3 recipes: Major Flask of Potency, Major Flask of Protection, and Major Unstable Potion. When Mod 6 hits, you will then be able to run Alchemical Research to unlock level 21.

You will need the two flasks for Rank 25 Experimentation - which will among other things unlock the recipe for creating Unified Elements.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    You can do the rank 20 experimentation now....bout 3-4 successful times so when mod 6 arrives, you can level-up to 21.

Thanks for the tip!
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    feebelmindedfeebelminded Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No I have not run the lvl 20 experimentation. I will start running it now....

Thanks...
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I went over to the preview server to test out alchemy. There is no task available to level it from 20 to 21. The lvl 20 Alchemy Research isn't there.

Anyone else have this issue? I sure hope it gets fixed before launch.

I don't know if this has been reported, but now that mod 6 is live, the above statement is true.

I cannot see the the Rank 20 Alchemical Research to raise alchemy from 20 to 21. I've ticked the boxes to show all tasks. My only hope is that once I get the basic alchemical scroll, that the choice will show up.

However, Rank 21, 22, 23, 24 Alchemical Research *do* show up. Therefore, there is an inconsistency here.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Still bugged. :(

I completed Rank 20 Alchemical Experimentation and received the 2 scrolls of Basic Alchemical Knowledge, but no option appears for Rank 20 Alchemical Research. Thus, there is no way to level alchemy from 20 to 21!

This is bad.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Had the same problem with two of my twinks, after several times doing the level 20 experiment i got the task to unlock rank 21 in alchemy, just keep trying.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Look at your available level 20 Alchemy tasks: Do you see Major Flask of Power, Major Flask of Potency, and Major Unstable Potion?

If not, you need to run Rank 20 Experimentation until you've unlocked all three tasks.

At that point, lvl 20 Alchemical Research task will appear (8 quicksilver,20 hours). That is what will let you move to lvl 21 Alchemy.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Had the same problem with two of my twinks, after several times doing the level 20 experiment i got the task to unlock rank 21 in alchemy, just keep trying.
    Look at your available level 20 Alchemy tasks: Do you see Major Flask of Power, Major Flask of Potency, and Major Unstable Potion?

If not, you need to run Rank 20 Experimentation until you've unlocked all three tasks.

At that point, lvl 20 Alchemical Research task will appear (8 quicksilver,20 hours). That is what will let you move to lvl 21 Alchemy.

The option should be visible at the start. I'll submit a report.

But thank you. It works once you have the scrolls. :)
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is anybody getting the scrolls since the patch, 25 runs, no scrolls so far

Of course soon as I post this now 1/27 so looks like it is working, just not very well for me.
  • Options
    ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is anybody getting the scrolls since the patch, 25 runs, no scrolls so far
    Yes, I have had two unstable scrolls and one other. So it is working but a bit confusing!