test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clueless

fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hello,

I am a bit clueless as to what I need to do. I get that the game has changed, but I constantly die trying to do my dailies now. I was told this change was made so that one now needs to have a healer in a party. Does this mean I now need a healer with me just for doing my dailies?! I cannot believe this is now a new requirement.

Anyhow, I decided to give up on my dailies and do the new quests, which led me to old maps where the only thing I can do is to kill like 100 monsters again and again. I was hoping I could get to level 70 this way, but I seem to have lost the plot. All I get at the moment are repeatable quests like those where I should be killing 100 mobs over and over. So I guess I must be missing something. Again, I do not think this is what I am supposed to do to get to level 70. Nor do I know if it gets any better at level 70 and if I can get back to doing my dailies the way I used to.

I really just wanted to carry on with my dailies today and ignore the new extension until I find the time to get into it and also have a high enough GS. This is how I used to do it in the past, but now even my GS is different. I do not even know where I stand with it anymore. I could need a bit of help I guess. Is there somewhere a guide as to what it is that I am supposed to do right now?
Stay frosty.
Post edited by fgreyspear on

Comments

• josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When in doubt, return to Protector's Enclave and talk to Sergeant Knox.

Also, keep an eye between your (actual) level and the level of the things you are fighting.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This mod is putting an emphasis on team play. find a good guild to help. the quests can be solo'ed, but it is not easy. I am dying constantly...
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for putting into words what I have been feeling all day ..
  • ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't kill anything. I'm sure some of my attacks would do some damage but I don't get the chance to use them. Dead, dead, dead, dead.
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    When in doubt, return to Protector's Enclave and talk to Sergeant Knox.

Also, keep an eye between your (actual) level and the level of the things you are fighting.
    Thanks. I have already been there and he has got no quests on offer. Is he offering new quests? I was logged in when the game crashed. Might be this broke something for me.
    nachodx22 wrote: »
    This mod is putting an emphasis on team play. find a good guild to help. the quests can be solo'ed, but it is not easy. I am dying constantly...
    I am already with a good guild, but it is the usual. The high GS players are busy with their stuff and do not have any problems. I however only got a 13k CW and 15k GF. After dying 6 times with my GF just trying to do Gnarl Root Caves in Sharandar did I "take the hint" and realised that this auto-leveling, which takes place in Sharandar and the Dread Ring (I haven not been to Icewind Dale and the dragon region yet) is not quite working for me. I also seem to be affected by the regeneration and life steal changes, because regeneration was how my GF used to tank and life steal was what my CW was using. Still, I am going to assume that I am not actually being forced to constantly have another player with me or else I would find it absurd to have become the pet of every healer. I do like to play in parties, but I definitely like to have some alone time, too. As a child did I already do my homework alone only to then go out and see my friends. So I am pretty sure this is all just rumour mongering and I have no interest in joining in to all the complaints, criticisms and judgements. I am really hoping to get some fair help here. I must be missing something that is likely very obvious, just not to me right now. It happens *lol*. So, please, if any kind soul could share some light.

To give some more details... I did the quests in the Protector's Enclave with Minsk and Bo. But I seem to be stuck in Ebons Dawn with only repeatable quests. I cannot find any follow up story line quest anywhere. I expect that there is one somewhere, which will lead me to higher levels.

Again, please help?
    Stay frosty.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fgreyspear wrote: »
    I did the quests in the Protector's Enclave with Minsk and Bo. But I seem to be stuck in Ebons Dawn with only repeatable quests. I cannot find any follow up story line quest anywhere. I expect that there is one somewhere, which will lead me to higher levels. Again, please help?

Hmm it's possible your Ebon Downs quest is buried in your journal somewhere (by other quests). Try this:

Press "j" to open quest journal.
    Look for "No Crevice Untouched" quest and tick the box next to it so it gets tracked.
    (If you don't have the quest, you either need to talk to the Archdruid or Minsc at Protector's Enclave)
    A little diamond thing should appear on your Ebon Downs map, follow it and enter the cave it leads you to.

Hopefully that helps?
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
    edited April 2015
    Hmm it's possible your Ebon Downs quest is buried in your journal somewhere (by other quests). Try this:

Press "j" to open quest journal.
    Look for "No Crevice Untouched" quest and tick the box next to it so it gets tracked.
    (If you don't have the quest, you either need to talk to the Archdruid or Minsc at Protector's Enclave)
    A little diamond thing should appear on your Ebon Downs map, follow it and enter the cave it leads you to.

Hopefully that helps?
    Thanks. My guild mates and I have found it. There is one quest among all of them repeatable ones which says one needs to grind at least 16 of them repeatable ones just to get to the next area in Ebon Downs. I have started with it but it is now getting very frustrating. All that searching and not knowing what to do and now this. I will not go as far as one of my guild mates who actually deleted his char, but I can certainly feel how this has gotten depressing to play. I really just want to uninstall it and get me a fresh, new game *sigh*. I cannot believe I am actually doing this, and just for the sake of getting my old game back ...

I hope we get at least more than just one free respec, because I will definitely have to respect twice if not three times before I know where I stand. And if I have to pay for it, then I swear I will buy Elderscrolls instead and shelf this.
    Stay frosty.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The campaign dailies area are now meant for level 70s. If you cannot complete them on your own and are not level 70, find a group or learn to play the new style as life steal/regen has changed and mobs hit a lot harder.
    You have to think a bit more when engaging enemies and learn to dodge more rather than just sit there and take the hits while doing dps.
  • beltharrbeltharr Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    there are no good guilds. I've been in 6 and none of them do anything at all. No group runs, no chat, nothing at all.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi, i suggest you to not going well of dragons, ice wind dale and just do the dailies outside dungeons in sharandars (u dont need to do the minor dungeons, u dont get anything good from those chests) and dailies in dread ring and the dungeons yeah.
    The new content, apart of being boring, due to the repeatable things, it is how u progress. So far, i have ended drowned shore; apparently there are 3 NPC that gives 16 quests each. so the new zones, might have to complete around 48 repeatable quests, once u finishe 1 it leads u to the next one, then to the final NPC that gives the quest to enter the dungeon where the elemental boss is, this is where u finish and jump to the next zone with new repeatable quests. boring and stupid, but this is how u progress.
    the guy at protectors, gives also daily quests where u have misnc company, done at ebons down and pirates sky thing.
    edited April 2015
    Hi, i suggest you to not going well of dragons, ice wind dale and just do the dailies outside dungeons in sharandars (u dont need to do the minor dungeons, u dont get anything good from those chests) and dailies in dread ring and the dungeons yeah.
    The new content, apart of being boring, due to the repeatable things, it is how u progress. So far, i have ended drowned shore; apparently there are 3 NPC that gives 16 quests each. so the new zones, might have to complete around 48 repeatable quests, once u finishe 1 it leads u to the next one, then to the final NPC that gives the quest to enter the dungeon where the elemental boss is, this is where u finish and jump to the next zone with new repeatable quests. boring and stupid, but this is how u progress.
    the guy at protectors, gives also daily quests where u have misnc company, done at ebons down and pirates sky thing.
    Thank you. I got it now. What you mention, the repetitiveness, is what had put me off initially and the fact that I was still only running around in old (re-purposed) maps. I had expected it to be new maps with new unique quests like there are when going from level 1 to 60. I am not sure why they had to make it literally a repetitive grind to get to 70. It is turning out to be quite a tedious task and feels not rewarding at all. There is nothing new to see and it is only different, and it also seems to take forever. I will try to get my two characters through it now one way or the other and put the whole thing behind me. One is now at Helms Hold (level 65) and the other just started in Ebons Down.

Again, thanks for all your responses!
    Stay frosty.
  • amp7amp7 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    onegaki101 wrote: »
    The campaign dailies area are now meant for level 70s. If you cannot complete them on your own and are not level 70, find a group or learn to play the new style as life steal/regen has changed and mobs hit a lot harder.
    You have to think a bit more when engaging enemies and learn to dodge more rather than just sit there and take the hits while doing dps.
    In a few ppl, I've talked with, it's not so much learning to a new style of play to adapt to lvl of mobs hitting harder. Maybe it's more that the small amount of exp points you gain for the new higher lvls and amount of mobs (100) to kill. If you just run the daily dragon runs, ex. Ebon Downs, Whisper Caverns, ect., at least you can earn much more exp, with spending less amount of useless "grind" with really no creative new story line, maps/zones, combined with changes to pvp being in GG that now seems like a track meet. Maybe we can create a seperate leader board for the fastest guilds to cap, cap cap and then start again. Slot in some rank 10 darks, drink down some Lightwines and run forest run.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you need to get to the drowned shore, then die of the boredom of repeated quests for 2k exp a thousand times to 70.

Its a very bad system and very boring.. I could go on and on.

IF I could just do a story arc to get to 70 while doing some pvp matching , I would be fine with it all. The moment I have to go back into the same stupid mini lair to kill the same dude more then once.. ack!
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    you need to get to the drowned shore, then die of the boredom of repeated quests for 2k exp a thousand times to 70.

Its a very bad system and very boring.. I could go on and on.

IF I could just do a story arc to get to 70 while doing some pvp matching , I would be fine with it all. The moment I have to go back into the same stupid mini lair to kill the same dude more then once.. ack!
    this^ it literally makes me start twitching
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I to was in the same boat when I started playing at 5am yesterday.. it took me a good 8hrs .. to get a hold of what is happening.. here's my take on it.. and how to lvl.. if I am missing something please add to it.. this is just what I found.

Grab your main vigilant quest. it's worth 5K XP and you get it when you finish 16~ mini vigilant quests. you also gain good eq / clothes when done. (and can progress)
    Grab 4 vigilant quests. These reset every HR. When you finish 1 go turn it in and grab another if you're at the gate.
    Grab the Kill 100 mob quest.. (return it every time you finish) and gain 1000ish XP.

When you reach the 16x mini quests you gain the next area.. repeat what you did above. Its boring.. depressing.. and grindy.. but once you get the hang of it and see the meter moving.. you (I at least) start to feel better.. I've put a post-it on my LCD to watch the meter go up in XP.. From 5am to 9pm I lvl'd up to almost 65. now that I got the hang of it.. tonight I hope to get to at least 67.

Oh and potions drop like wild fire.. as do Ident Scrolls. pick up everything you get.. it's not like the past where you have more eq than ident Scrolls. you can easily identify the eq an sell and still have many left over (I've got close to 400 and I ident everything). you can also use it to refine AE.. not the best use of it.. but hey.. its somethin.

Also Purple LVL 60 Eq.. is not always better than the Green / Blue Eq.. so always keep an eye out on that. it sux.. but at the end of the day. we're all gonna have to get new lvl 70 purple right?

this is just my take on what I got yesterday.. if I'm missing or wrong on something.. please say.. as I am new to all this just like everyone else.. =)

oh and Dread / Shar / Well of Drag.. yea.. don't even bother till you get up to 68/70. those lil guys will cut you down to size in 1 swipe.. even if it does say you're fighting at lvl 70 now. (unless the patch today helps)
  • kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fgreyspear wrote: »
    .......I will not go as far as one of my guild mates who actually deleted his char.......

rage quit irreversible mode
    Misfits
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wear azure enchants in your utility slots for the XP gain.

Rank 5's seem to drop in profession nodes and sometimes from Mobs in the new areas.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    azure definitely helps a lot. I equip 5 rank 7s + the exp shirt/pants for a 75% exp bonus.