test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wow the enemy NPCs are much deadler

urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Foe the few min I was in... The enemy NPCs are much deadlier...

I was fighting in the Well and was knocked down to 1/2 strength by Thalens who never were much of a threat before....

Urlord
Post edited by urlord283 on

Comments

• gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just wait for cult prison boss, some of the guys are brutally strong now
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lol /popcorn
  • witokahwitokah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I noticed that my gear which was 9613 yesterday is now reduced to only 942 today! Anyone else having problems with difficult
    NPC's?
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    witokah wrote: »
    I noticed that my gear which was 9613 yesterday is now reduced to only 942 today! Anyone else having problems with difficult
    NPC's?

it was mentioned a lot on preview.
    note that WoD is a level 70+ area now. so even scaled up from 60 its going to be a tough place. wait till you try to do an IWD HE.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would not expect places that were facerollingly easy before to be the same now that they're mostly adjusted for a new level cap, as stated, even when you are scaled up and allowed to adventure there, particularly without changing your gear.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seriously. Scaling up to 70 makes things challenging, and that's good, but good lort! I'm in tier 3 corrupt black ice on my Stormwarden and an epic lathander's cloak, with 40-ish% deflect (not the tankiest build, mind you, but worked well when there was a little life steal involved) and I'm getting near one-shotted by green dragonwings. Owie!

/tears.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pay note to the level of the baddies. They made it so enemies more then 2 levels above you will murder you. And the ones in the well of dragons are level 73. Dont expect to roll through that area easily as a level 60, artificially boosted to 70, while still in level 60 gear, and survive.
  • blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not just the main monsters either. I thought I'd try something simple for my first run so I did the dread ring. Thayan servitors will hit you for between 1/4 to 1/3 of your health with their ranged attack. Makes the boss almost impossible on dread spire. Between the massive server lag and the increased monster attacks I've died four times so far
  • dj36423adj36423a Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    how the hell are you supposed to play with gear that is now at least 12 levels below where you need it. the only way to play anything including dailies is to party up
    edited April 2015
    lol welcome to mod6 enjoy
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    if you get boosted to 70,get out!
    you will die and die and die,find your own lvl and play there
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People where crying for a competition and know you get them.
    1. Level your character to 70 and get some decent blue level 70 gear.
    2. If you have the new artifact gear get it to rank blue

Then it will be okay but to run as well equipped level 60 character (around 18K GS in Mod 5 times) to the campaign areas you will bloody murdered.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
    edited April 2015
    it's worse if you are actually level 70
    edited April 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    1. Level your character to 70 and get some decent blue level 70 gear.
    2. If you have the new artifact gear get it to rank blue

Then it will be okay but to run as well equipped level 60 character (around 18K GS in Mod 5 times) to the campaign areas you will bloody murdered.

You can't run the same content you've been doing for months on end. People would like to do their daily quests without having to gain 10 levels or join a party.
  • boogieman2kboogieman2k Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just went on a Skirmish level 60 and the enemies were all level 71... How in hell am I going to bet them if they're 11 levels above me? :mad:
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just pause on running the campaigns (except the Tyranny of Dragons zones besides Well of Dragons) until you've reached 70 and started gearing up again in at least decent lvl 70 blues (or the scaling blues from WoD).

Sharandar, Dread Legion, Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons will be very hard to do until you're geared up again.

These campaigns are end-game content again, but the end game is at 70 now.
  • flafle2000flafle2000 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just put a complaint about it. It's unacceptable players are used to play in the some modules (so they are lvl 60) and now can't do them anymore since all monster are lvl 71 or more (11 level!!!!). I was used to play in 3 modules and now I can't play any of them without getting killed. They should have to thing of something for this case. I have to play previous map to have combat I can win. This siutation is unacceptable!!! Have to go back just to not die when the current area was easy to challenging. I'm very desapointed and thinking of leaving de the game. It's just to much...
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015

Hey guys, just letting you know that in these areas, players are also scaled to level 70. Also, the content from 60-70 is much more difficult than the rest of the game, so we recommend bringing friends when heading out to do the more dangerous excursions. If you feel that the enemies are are so strong that they're broken, please let us know exactly which ones and we can take a look and make sure everything is working as intended.

• discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I'm with some of you on just waiting until 70 to resume that stuff. I found it more "funny" than "horrifying". Ran into three Thayan Servitors in the Dread Ring and got MOWED DOWN. That's hilarious. I can only imagine what a mob of redcaps would be like, let alone facing the Master Alchemist.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • pasadenawerebearpasadenawerebear Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    akromatik wrote: »

Hey guys, just letting you know that in these areas, players are also scaled to level 70. Also, the content from 60-70 is much more difficult than the rest of the game, so we recommend bringing friends when heading out to do the more dangerous excursions. If you feel that the enemies are are so strong that they're broken, please let us know exactly which ones and we can take a look and make sure everything is working as intended.

My two main characters used to be moderately strong before the Elemental Evil release, and now both are are pathetically weak. I thought EE was supposed to improve game play. It hasn't for me.

I have spent over $500 over the past 12 months on my characters, and now that all seems for nothing. Give me one good reason why I should keep playing Neverwinter.

As for joining a group... I have never been one for exploring Neverwinter as part of a group and do not see why I should start now. Neverwinter should cater to the lone wolves such as me, and not just to those players who wish to play as part of a group. It worked pre-EE. Why shouldn't it work now?

A good example of the strong-to-weak change is my L60 GWF. In the WoD/Drake Pen, it has taken my character a while for it to be able to make it to the end-boss of the Drake Pen without dying, and it still died once every few rounds with the end-Boss (pre-EE). Now I cannot get it past the second group of opponents without dying. 3 tries, 3 deaths. The so-called L70 combat scaling is not working.

As for my other character, a L60 TR, it has taken that character a while to be able to stand up to a Dire Polar Bear/Regular Polar Bear pair. Post-EE, it looses 90% of its health from just one swipe of the Dire Polar Bear's paw. Something is terribly wrong with the EE release.

This game is no longer fun for me because it looks like there is no chance of my characters advancing any further.

Dev Team: Please bring back the old battle code!
  • felixkamfelixkam Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    Yeah I'm with some of you on just waiting until 70 to resume that stuff. I found it more "funny" than "horrifying". Ran into three Thayan Servitors in the Dread Ring and got MOWED DOWN. That's hilarious. I can only imagine what a mob of redcaps would be like, let alone facing the Master Alchemist.

Oh man, first time I went into Sharandar, I died three times against a group of prowries. Three times! Once I can forgive, but three. I blame lag, and excess people flood for it.
    Personal Projects - Check out my take on these D&D classes for Neverwinter:
    Complete:
    - The Monk - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?865991-The-Monk-A-Relatively-Detailed-Proposal-for-a-New-Class

Under Work:
    - The Primal Totemist
    - The Wild Sorcerer
    - The Summoning Binder
    edited April 2015
    Just pause on running the campaigns (except the Tyranny of Dragons zones besides Well of Dragons) until you've reached 70 and started gearing up again in at least decent lvl 70 blues (or the scaling blues from WoD).

Sharandar, Dread Legion, Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons will be very hard to do until you're geared up again.

Yeah I see this now. I had assumed the new content would be harder so I tried some older content first and got trounced. Once I started running the elemental evil campaign I did just fine. That's what I get for overthinking things
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well of Dragons felt about the same as IWD at its release, when I wasn't uber but 60 and still in epic gear.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »

They were complaining about dungeons being too easy. Not about solo content being too easy.

Where's the point in making boring, repetitive stuff harder? It just takes you longer to do it, thus making it even more boring.

Btw. you forgot point three on the list:

3. Wait for mod 7, 8 or 9. Devs promised that eventually we'll be reaching power levels we're used to.
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Where's the point in making boring, repetitive stuff harder? It just takes you longer to do it, thus making it even more boring.

Not to mention that this subscribes to the Blizzard school of challenge, ie why bother coming up with interesting and challenging mechanics, when you can just put bigger numbers on it instead?
  • boogieman2kboogieman2k Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    akromatik wrote: »

I made the same skirmish like 6 times and sure i was killed but not as fast as now. You are leveling the players to 70, but the gear is still the same and the power and feats are of level 60 so there is no way we can win this.

You want to know which bosses are broken, as of now the only one I'm able to play is the Master of the Hunt... the wolves are to strong (two bites and your dead) and too fast, the redcaps are a PITA too, ten shots and I never get to kill one when I was able to kill them before that's very unfair to say the least.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just did a little test in the Dread Ring.

Character: HR stormwarden
    GS pre-mod 6: 25.5k
    Item level post mod-6: 3195-ish
    Enchants: all rank 10's and 2 rank 11's
    Runestones: all perfect bonding
    Augment: chicken, rank 40
    Armor: Draconic Templar
    Artifacts: all legendary -- chromatic storm, waters, red dragon
    Artifact equipment: all legendary -- lathander's belt, lathander's cloak, main hand, off hand
    Even have FOUR rings of shielding -- two on my person and two on the augment.
    Necklace of shielding on the augment
    All jewelry (including on the augment) reinforced with +50 regen
    All armor pieces reinforced with +100 defense
    Armor enhancement: Perfect Soulforged
    Weapon enhancement: Perfect Terror
    Level before entering DR: 62
    Defense: 8756
    DR: 48.8%
    HP before scaling: 47k
    HP after scaling: 55k

This is what I call an acid test. How many HR's have this much survivability? You can count them on one hand.

Now. Let me get right to it.

Devs, you have taken this way too far -- not just a little too far -- WAY too far. This isn't even remotely reasonable. It's so far beyond the pale I can't adequately put it into words.

I go in with a BiS character that is specifically geared for MAXIMUM survivability. I'm trying to do the Red Wizards weekly in Dread Ring and can't stay alive even with the distilled potions of major healing (the super-duper 14k ones from a legendary Aurora's Catalog) and a greater stone of health slotted. You've taken away my regeneration so that's useless and you've made drinking potions fast enough to stay alive impossible.

Panderus, if you think this is reasonable, if you think this is the way this should be, you are wrong.

I'll say it again -- you. are. dead. wrong.

Prepare for an avalanche of complaints from players who aren't set up like this, who don't have R10's and better in every slot, and who aren't set up to withstand the maximum amount of punishment possible for their class. You have taken this notion of making it harder to survive to an unreasonable and absurd extreme. I don't know if you're listening to hard-core BiS PvP'ers only or if you don't bother playtesting enough, or if you only test using the best equipment available, but whatever information you're operating on, it is faulty.

Or, and I shudder to think this, if you've been bitten by what I describe as the "killer DM" bug, then you need to get un-bitten -- rapidly. That particular bug has only one outcome: taking all fun out of a game.

I didn't even bother doing the Dread Spire quest -- I flat-out dropped it. It's not worth burning up the health stone charges, injury kits, and the general frustration involved. Whatever rewards are in that chest, they can shove it. My experience tonight wasn't remotely enjoyable.

I don't know if you'll even bother to read this or if you are capable of admitting such a gross miscalculation, but I stand by my assessment.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • beretta249beretta249 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One of the things I most liked -note the past tense, about Neverwinter was that at least the run-up to raid content was solo.
    Like Sharandar.
    Sharandar was nice.

Sharandar is now different.
    Sharandar is now group content.

Change it back.
  • spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Yes, this appears to be the path of least resistance.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?877341-Wow-the-enemy-NPCs-are-much-deadler

I can't get into the designers' heads so I can't say if they've been bitten by the killer DM bug or if it's just a gross miscalculation on their part, but they've really destroyed any semblance of fun that those areas might have had.

And, Akro, in case you're lurking, a response akin to, "sorry, you should group for those dailies" is a non-starter. Don't even go there.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured