test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enemy Damage Resistance in Mod 6

abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Developers mentioned that enemies would be getting higher damage resistance in Module 6. I was wondering if anyone had done some testing on how much DR enemies have. I've done some, but not an extensive amount. My results are as follows:

Level 71 mobs - 24.3% to 27% (depending on the enemy)
Dragons - 33%
Bosses (such as Severin in Tiamat) - 40%

This isn't an exhaustive list (obviously), but it is looking like PvE players will want at least 40% Armor Penetration in Mod 6. If anyone has more data it would be appreciated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by abaddon523 on

Comments

• tankinatorfrtankinatorfr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    But stats also change. I don't have the PvE cap on the live server and I already have more than 40% ArP on the preview, with no change in my stuff
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    all offence slots should be dark enchant for armor pen.

all stats are getting nerfed in their curve EXCEPT armor pen, and hp. so those two are gold.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If I recall correctly, on one of the livestreams it was stated that foes could have up to 90% DR (Only bosses would be that high ofc)
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thesensai wrote: »

all stats are getting nerfed in their curve EXCEPT armor pen, and hp. so those two are gold.

Uhm, my lvl 70 CW has 59% ArPen without slotting any Darks.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    that foes could have up to 90% DR (Only bosses would be that high ofc)

At the end of the current stat curve, not Mod 6.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    But stats also change. I don't have the PvE cap on the live server and I already have more than 40% ArP on the preview, with no change in my stuff

That is probably true at level 60, but not by the time you reach level 70. 40% will require about 4000 Armor Penetration. And if you already have that now on live then you're heavily overstacked in Armor Penetration.
    thesensai wrote: »

Maybe, maybe not. If enemies only have 40% DR, then stacking your armor penetration up to 50% is a waste of stat points. There is a sweet spot where you should build to. Armor penetration over that isn't doing you any good. So it isn't the case that ALL offense slots should be Armor Penetration. Just up until you eliminate all of the enemy DR. That's the point of this post. Figure out what DR enemies have so I know how much Resistance Ignored I need.
    If I recall correctly, on one of the livestreams it was stated that foes could have up to 90% DR (Only bosses would be that high ofc)

I believe that was going to happen over the next few modules, not specifically this one. The highest I've seen so far is 40%. I'm curious if anyone has seen higher than that on preview.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Hi abaddon
    I was wondering how you can see the DR of a foe or mob ?
    Forgive my 1/2 orc brain :)

Im having no problems with reaching high arp with my GWF Destro/Sent. Hybrid. Its really its stock and trade anyway and have enough to also make crit effective but somewhat muted due to the new curve.
    Other class may not find it so easy though.
    Anyway i thought id ask how i can see the DR of the bad guy.

tnx

It's not too hard to do. First you have to install Advanced Combat Tracker (ACT) and the Neverwinter Plug-in. Once you have that it's easy. Start a combat log in ACT and go fight some enemies. There's a column called "effectiveness" in ACT that shows what your attacks are being multiplied by.

So, for example, when I fought Severin I looked in ACT and saw my attacks were 88.6% effective. I looked at my character sheet and saw I had 28.6% Resistance Ignored from Armor Penetration. So 88.6 - 28.6 = 60%. Meaning the effectiveness of my attacks is reduced by 40% when fighting him if I have no Armor Penetration. To make it easier on yourself don't use any debuffing attacks or equipment (like High Vizier set, High Prophet set, Plague Fire enchantments, etc.). To double check yourself unequip everything but a weapon (so you have as little armor penetration as possible) and throw out one attack on a target and see what "effectiveness" it has. It should line up with your initial calculation.

Edit: it is also possible to deduce this without ACT. First have the combat logs show up in your chat window. Then when you do damage compare the number in parenthesis with the actual damage number. Divide the damage by the number in parenthesis to get the effectiveness. So, taking an example from my signature, 1630182/533765 = 305.4% effectiveness. Meaning lots of debuffs were going on when that happened.

If I had no armor penetration when I fought Severin the combat log would read something like:

"Your Magic Missile deals 600 (1000) arcane damage to Severin."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Level 71 mobs - 24.3% to 27% (depending on the enemy)

I dont know exactly but some mobs in IWD and WotD have almost 40% some of them have 24-27.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • tankinatorfrtankinatorfr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    That is probably true at level 60, but not by the time you reach level 70. 40% will require about 4000 Armor Penetration. And if you already have that now on live then you're heavily overstacked in Armor Penetration.
    I am lvl63, so I should already use the new stats curves (at least everything is correct considering other stats), and with with 2962 points in armor penetration witch represent 44,8 percent, if i read corectly. (of course i don't have 2962 points on live because of change in enchants stats, I don't even reach the PvE cap)
    Maybe it is my character witch is bugged, but that is what I see.
    edited March 2015
    I am lvl63, so I should already use the new stats curves (at least everything is correct considering other stats), and with with 2962 points in armor penetration witch represent 44,8 percent, if i read corectly. (of course i don't have 2962 points on live because of change in enchants stats, I don't even reach the PvE cap)
    Maybe it is my character witch is bugged, but that is what I see.

Every level between 61 and 70 has different curves. They get more and more harsh as you level up. 2962 will give you about 29% at level 70.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Every level between 61 and 70 has different curves. They get more and more harsh as you level up. 2962 will give you about 29% at level 70.
    There look to be some serious problem with informations available on some non-english official forums.
    But anyway, that's not a big deal. If a character using lvl60 items with only main hand and belt green artifact with only 1 T3 and 2 T2 artifacts can reach "about 29%", or even less, at lvl70, then just some upgrade to the equipment and that should be fine.
    Also remember that some class can reduce the target's armor thanks to their encounters/at-will, like DC and TR. So, even less problems in groups.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »

What about this ?
    Hey guys, the stat curves are getting a second balancing pass. As a general rule of thumb now at level 70 all of your stats should be more competitive against each other.

As a soft rule, 400 Points in any stat is worth 1% of whatever it does (Deflect Rating into Deflect Chance for example).

Additionally, we are buffing the Cooldown Reduction portion of recovery to make it fall more in line with what its expected performance should be. Every 200 points will generate 1% shorter cooldowns (keep in mind that 100% CDR actually cuts your cooldowns in half).

I don't know yet when these changes will hit preview, but they should make statting a much simpler thing to do going forward.
    edited March 2015
    mirlegris wrote: »
    What about this ?

They're describing the level 70 curves. That post says nothing about the curves from level 61-69. Don't take my word for it: gain a level. Write down your damage gained from power, your crit %, Resistance Ignored, etc before you gain it. Then compare it with after you gain a level. You'll see a difference. HP is the only thing that will improve. The rest will get worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I feel really bad for TR's trying to do PVE 61-70. There main thing is crit not ArP or HP.

Why feel bad for a class who can pounce and destroy packs before they can act...?
  • neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    According to my Resistance Ignored of about 40% with old equip, effectivenesses of 96.5%/96%/105% with Vorpal/Terror/Plague and my knowledge that Vorpal has to be 100%, Terror 104% and Plague 109% ... the dummies have to have about 44% ?! (and dmg buff of tTerror has to be doubled?!)
    ... and when the dummies show the correct/expected effectiveness at a certain % of RI then we have the soft cap? (44%)

...gonna test this^^