test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We want double AD too!

katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
So, check out the event Xbox One is getting
akromatik wrote: »
Greetings adventurers! We will be having our weekly scheduled maintenance tomorrow (Xbox will now be on Tuesday, while PC will be on Thursday) starting at 6AM PDT. Estimated downtime is roughly 4.5 hours due to account server and network maintenance. Neverwinter Xbox Maintenance will occur simultaneously with Neverwinter PC.

~Patch notes~

- Players will earn double Astral Diamonds until 4/13!

I don't know about you guys, but I want this for PC too. Talk about an OP event. IMO, this is better than double RP!

Here's the source for any possible disbelievers: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?875601-Neverwinter-Xbox-Scheduled-Maintenance-4-7-6AM-PDT-(Pacific)
dulopa4e1d9.png
|| Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    whats surprising here? xbox already gets better treatment, so unfair.

they get first ady what ppl hav asked for 2 yrs (example gwf/gf forum separated)

regards
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    not like we really need more rad... I would much prefer a double rp week:)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The problem is, we have two very different economies going on here. The Xbox right now is in desperate need of AD. The ZAX exchange is at the floor. Mostly due to not having any of the starter/founder packs offer AD to kick start the economy. The Xbox honestly needs this.

The PC economy, on the other hand, is on the exact opposite side of the fence, we have far to much AD in circulation. Putting on an event that dumps more AD into the system, isn't going to help us one bit.

So its really not a question of whats fair. It needs to be about what each economy needs, and right now we don't need more AD.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, how bout a week where dailies give away Zen? That sounds fair :P (I mean miniscule quantities, like 5-15 each at most)
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited April 2015
    So, how bout a week where dailies give away Zen? That sounds fair :P (I mean miniscule quantities, like 5-15 each at most)

Well, it would help balance things. I doubt they would go for it, but it would be fair and not further crash our fragile, nearly broken, economy.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    So, check out the event Xbox One is getting

I don't know about you guys, but I want this for PC too. Talk about an OP event. IMO, this is better than double RP!

Here's the source for any possible disbelievers: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?875601-Neverwinter-Xbox-Scheduled-Maintenance-4-7-6AM-PDT-(Pacific)

We got similar treatment when and after PC launched. We got AD influxes from Founder Packs and then another huge influx of AD from the Tymora event.

Nay, I do not want to see a double AD event in PC Neverwinter. All that would do is further inflate the economy and make things worse.
    If there is anything we need, it is a -50% AD Month or two... but more realistically, we need more double RP events.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The problem is, we have two very different economies going on here. The Xbox right now is in desperate need of AD. The ZAX exchange is at the floor. Mostly due to not having any of the starter/founder packs offer AD to kick start the economy. The Xbox honestly needs this.

The PC economy, on the other hand, is on the exact opposite side of the fence, we have far to much AD in circulation. Putting on an event that dumps more AD into the system, isn't going to help us one bit.

So its really not a question of whats fair. It needs to be about what each economy needs, and right now we don't need more AD.

This. Remember, XBOX NW is effectively a brand new game. They don't get the mass infusions of AD into the economy the way the PC version did. Therefore, they're gonna need some starter capital to get the economy up and running.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    We got similar treatment when and after PC launched. We got AD influxes from Founder Packs and then another huge influx of AD from the Tymora event.

Nay, I do not want to see a double AD event in PC Neverwinter. All that would do is further inflate the economy and make things worse.
    If there is anything we need, it is a -50% AD Month or two... but more realistically, we need more double RP events.

Exactly. I dont want prices to inflate even higher. I'd like too see more massive things to get rid of some of the excess. be it a "zen from dailies" or another AH event like the Knox one (IMAGINE A MINSC and BOO COMPANION) or another big zen sale like 50% extra zen.

Maybe a "spin the wheel" kind of event where people pay AD and a token gotten from enemy drops to spin a prize wheel that gives prizes like bound RP , Bound coal ward , Bound campaign coffers , Bound P wards, Bound previous transmutes from old CTA's and stuff , Rank 5+ enchantments , Profession assets etc. Sort of like a AD version of lockboxes but with more relatable rewards where most things are bound so it doesnt flood the market.

if it was like 5-10k a spin I'd spend loads on it trying to get coal wards and other cool goodies. Obviously spin limit is determined by how hard you farm the "tokens" and your amount of AD. so you cant just sit there spamming it all day unless you farmed equally as hard. droprate for tokens shouldnt be as high as lockboxes or tymoras, maybe half that.

I hate when I do this. I have an idea then I get really into it and want it too happen. :(
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Exactly. I dont want prices to inflate even higher. I'd like too see more massive things to get rid of some of the excess. be it a "zen from dailies" or another AH event like the Knox one (IMAGINE A MINSC and BOO COMPANION) or another big zen sale like 50% extra zen.

Maybe a "spin the wheel" kind of event where people pay AD and a token gotten from enemy drops to spin a prize wheel that gives prizes like bound RP , Bound coal ward , Bound campaign coffers , Bound P wards, Bound previous transmutes from old CTA's and stuff , Rank 5+ enchantments , Profession assets etc. Sort of like a AD version of lockboxes but with more relatable rewards where most things are bound so it doesnt flood the market.

if it was like 5-10k a spin I'd spend loads on it trying to get coal wards and other cool goodies. Obviously spin limit is determined by how hard you farm the "tokens" and your amount of AD. so you cant just sit there spamming it all day unless you farmed equally as hard. droprate for tokens shouldnt be as high as lockboxes or tymoras, maybe half that.

I hate when I do this. I have an idea then I get really into it and want it too happen. :(

Holy molly.. ! You just sold them idea how to remove excess of AD from the PC market for completely free!
    I don't think they would include coal wards tho.. They increased amounts of coins per box we will need to bleed on a purpose.. So you buy them from store more then you used to :) . Nobody who works in sales shoot their own foot.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015

That's just the same thing as a lockbox...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We DO NOT need double AD we have lots of bots making the economy ****ty already, no need to make it worse.
    edited April 2015
    What was ZaX backlog again lol ?
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This post was unnecessary. Deleted! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    (IMAGINE A MINSC and BOO COMPANION) or another big zen sale like 50% extra zen.

A Minsc and Boo companion would be so much more popular than Sergeant Knox - great idea!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Okay, I will settle for double RP the week after the first mega nerf to all artifacts and enchants that are broken. :D please
    edited April 2015
    freshour wrote: »
    Okay, I will settle for double RP the week after the first mega nerf to all artifacts and enchants that are broken. :D please

Ppl with the mythic "life" gonna need moar then a week oi.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lol, I will take a week. But please just nerf everything major before then... the last thing I want to do is get something to rank 12 and then it end up being horrible, bound, and give me 1/10th the return if I try and refine something else with it
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    IIRC they had a similar thing during beta to help prop-up the economy in the beginning. it will be a once-off thing.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    We DO NOT need double AD we have lots of bots making the economy ****ty already, no need to make it worse.

It's a sad thing (and I totally agree with you BTW) that everything has to be predicated first and foremost how it will affect the bot community first and the actual players a very distant second.
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No need for a double AD week. There is far to much in the game. I'm actually glad they are creating ways to eliminate some of the AD in game now. This will make future AD gains more valuable because there will be less AD in the game.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015

what annoys me most is i personally know people that do nothing but hoard ad. and to the poor people. it sucks. because they dont spend it.
    edited April 2015
    what annoys me most is i personally know people that do nothing but hoard ad. and to the poor people. it sucks. because they dont spend it.

Its their AD, how is it ruining your game if they arnt spending it? If anything they are doing you a favor. All that hoarded AD is effectively removed from circulation. And therefore indirectly combating inflation.
    edited April 2015
    Its their AD, how is it ruining your game if they arnt spending it? If anything they are doing you a favor. All that hoarded AD is effectively removed from circulation. And therefore indirectly combating inflation.

Its a squirt in a huge pond of AD.
    The real problem are botters who make infinite amounts of resources AND players who abuse foundries afk-ing for endless amounts of RP. Now if only the latter resulted in permanent bans which was never the case... =. ="

Edit: I hope you don't think that 6+ million backlog on ZAX is just from legit AD sources. :)
  • evantine1evantine1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's just the same thing as a lockbox...

Except one that requires AD to open, instead of keys purchased with Zen
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We need to find a way to squizee that mega-extra AD reservoir some of our fellow players posses.
    It will heal our economy, the "how" part is not easy, but those events when special companions become available for purchase via AH try to help with that.

Please no Double AD event just yet.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    we need the ad-zen range upped from 500, we got wayyy to much ad and not enough zen. I do like the double refinement weekends, its pretty much doing the same thing for me saving me diamonds or giving me diamonds depending how you look at it.

doubleing the ad we get is pretty much going to double the price of everything in the AH and raise the zen demand alot higher then it is now... which is good luck getting it before may.