test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A new generation of RPers?

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Between the new Xbox version and the new module, do you guys think we'll get more people interested in RP?
I've always felt that even though NW is pretty focused on stats and RP refinement, there's a great potential for RP, specially with the foundry.
What do you think? Will we get some fresh RPers? or will we be the same as before?
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I expect it to remain relatively the same, if not even drop in population (as many PC players are jumping to X-Box, which is even worse from RP perspective).

Neverwinter is designed from the ground-up as an "action MMO"; which means by virtue of the game-play design it's horrible for role-play type activities: the chat system is horrendous, the emoting system is sloppy to use, the customization of your character is all but non-existent.

Most serious role-players have been running over to Second Life (dot com) for the last several years as that system is 100% built from the ground up for genuine social aspects and role-playing (and a very strong D&D presence their for years - and you can even be a real dragon). Only part-time casual RPers over here in NW; mostly because the game design doesn't lend itself to RP very much, actually making it too difficult to RP with any consistency at all..
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I disagree about the second life thing, yes it's a place for RP but it's so unstructured that it just becomes a playground for god modding. At least here we never need to worry about Hello Kitty, Goku, and something that looks like a demonic Optimus Prime wanting to join your party. It's the extreme end of what happens here and in most RP. It all ends up as a bar full of ancient vampires, demons, devils, openly evil characters, all manner of implausible creations. "Why yes, I am 50% Moon elf, 25% Drow, and 25% Kender. Who came to Toril from Krynn because I'm a planes walker who lives in Sigil and is the childhood friend of the Lady of Pain". Everyone tries so hard to be THE special snowflake, that no one is.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dont expect there to be a change at all. The people on xbox we wont even be interacting with, and probably some on pc leaving to there.

neither do I expect the new mod to bring anyone new to Neverwinter, and anyone returning I dont expect neither to really stick around for long.