test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will non augment companions be more useful with mod 6

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
As of now, non augment companions are pretty much useless, most people have augment companions and only have non augment ones as collectibles, they have too many problems.
Is any of that going ot change with mod 6? I haven't seen any changes made to them in the patch notes, but I might have missed them.
Also, how will things change for them with a lew level cap?
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    From my experience on the preview server a level 40 companion can be a decent leveling crutch until 60 at least. But the quality of Striker type companions varies wildly.

The Hero of the North Panther is completely useless for example and has some of the worst damage of all Strikers and I'm begging the devs to buff his attacks. Good ones however are the Phoera, the Duergar Theurge, the Zhentarim Warlock and a few others.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I see, it would be really nice if non augment companions would be an option again.
    And as I've always said, I think companions should be disabled in group content, although that is just my opinion on it.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • meloror23meloror23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    in m6 i'm planning to upgrade and use priestess of sehanine moonbow (bahamut pack). with new stat curve +20% crit chance for allies will be much usefull
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you utilize Bonding Runestones, Lliara's Bell and a Legendary companion, then yes. Right now, I can actually parse better DPS using a companion and three Perfect Bonding Runestones than with an augment. Plus, I get the bonus powers from the active pet, and strategic use of the Bell makes it easy to keep them alive. With self-rez coming for pets in Module 6, that's icing on the cake.

I personally am looking to ditch the augment for Module 6.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited April 2015
    That sounds pretty interesting, I hope to be able to use my favorite companions in mod 6!
    I had forgot about the bell, what does it do? revive your companions?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited April 2015
    heals and grants immunity for 10 sec. might wanna grab one while you can, prices grow fast
    edited April 2015
    ah, sounds very useful indeed.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bought a bell 3 days ago for 2500 ad and that was the only one there,the seller must be ripping his/her hair out now
    is a good buy,because I was on preview and saw how usefull the healer companions will be
    expect the healer companions to go up in price too(good ones) and having the bell is a bonus
    and yes non augment companions(mostly healers) will be usefull for ppl that dont have the money(and they are many) to buy augment stones
    edited April 2015
    good thing I have the winter event fawn, it's a pretty good healer <3
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Angel's Ward intercepting 50% of incomming damage seems to be quite useful too. Will see soon
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    meloror23 wrote: »
    in m6 i'm planning to upgrade and use priestess of sehanine moonbow (bahamut pack). with new stat curve +20% crit chance for allies will be much usefull

^^^ this. Add in the bonding runestones, and that should work out nicely. OK, I'll have to see whether I really upgrade her on all chars, but currently that is the plan, at least for my main.

Also gives the red ones -40% crit chance - and if this works identically to the buff on allies, this is a direct summation (!!!) - which would mean that they don't friggin' crit anymore at all when under the influence...

And re. augments: I suspect the chicken will gain in popularity :^P
  • ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think we mostly don't know how effective they will be but it's going to take quite a bit to wean me off augments.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ninatheaxe wrote: »
    I think we mostly don't know how effective they will be but it's going to take quite a bit to wean me off augments.
    Mod 6 will be all the weaning you'll need.. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    meloror23 wrote: »
    heals and grants immunity for 10 sec. might wanna grab one while you can, prices grow fast

I agree. It's fantastic.

And if your pet is dead, it'll revive it at full health, which is super helpful for those times when they wander too close to a red circle.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you'll have options now, but limited options - how companions do vs bosses now is what they'll do in mod 6, die, self rez die etc. Depending on your class and playstyle you will get more mileage out of an augment, however some playstyles will benefit from a companion that is like a "buff companion for the party" like the bahamut pack's companion, lizardfolk shaman (group healing), squire (predicting) and such, maybe even alchemical experimentor as well. Augments however will buff up your stats quite a bit as well giving you some great dps or survibility depending how you stack it.

to answer your original question, yes some non augments will be useful - some like now who you look at and go i only want it for its active bonus or to collect will stay that way. Some that have some use will be more useful in mod 6 and may be an option.
    edited April 2015
    ohh harper bard's abilities are tastefull too
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So the short answer is yes. Non augment pets will be more useful than they are now.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I want cleric companions to be able to heal any player or friendly target.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they will surpass augment comps most likely cuz mobs hit hard

regards
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope my armored Orc Wolf becomes useful, my first companion before feywild came out, would love to use that companion again, but i think augments will still be preferred.