Neverwinter Gateway down?

Comments

• eocrooseocroos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ye it is getting a bit better.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gwynny2 wrote: »
    I sort of feel like posting is a bit pointless, as the powers that be hopefully realize that this is still an issue for (I think) everyone? However yeah, I still can't connect to the gateway in any meaningful way. I stop at character select, or sometimes when I'm trying to complete a task or whatever. The point being that while I can occasionally connect, it's still not usable.

I really enjoy using many of the gateway features rather than the in game features, and hope to see this returned to a functional level soon. Thank you!

It has taken so long for this to be fixed, I guess I have been trying to make a point about how much lack of a functioning gateway has impacted my gaming life. As I said earlier, this downtime has already caused a loss of 250k+ AD through Leadership profession.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • muskowski198muskowski198 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    It has taken so long for this to be fixed, I guess I have been trying to make a point about how much lack of a functioning gateway has impacted my gaming life. As I said earlier, this downtime has already caused a loss of 250k+ AD through Leadership profession.

Tell me about it. I've just bought today xbox one just to check how neverwinter works there :P Rubberbanding - word for today for Xbox players :)
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got a little better for me earlier this afternoon, but now I'm back to not being able to connect.
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For everyone complaining about not being able to do their professions...why not just log in to the game? If you're complaining that you can't run a game function from somewhere where you wouldn't be able to play the game anyway, like at work or something, then you really don't have any sympathy from me.
  • phr33d0m123phr33d0m123 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amenephis wrote: »
    For everyone complaining about not being able to do their professions...why not just log in to the game? If you're complaining that you can't run a game function from somewhere where you wouldn't be able to play the game anyway, like at work or something, then you really don't have any sympathy from me.

Running the game is a huge PITA compared to just opening a web page and do the stuff. I travel a lot so I usually have plenty of time to do my professions with my smartphone.
  • jjetcomaqqqjjetcomaqqq Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What...to do...
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Well said... as for myself I use my phone to update my professions while at work, when its quiet. ( One can only read so many books before going crazy).

+1 for gateway on smartphone
  • bitestongue1bitestongue1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    Ignoring the higher convenience of the gateway, the devs had the brilliant idea of adding an ingame delay so that you have to wait for your tasks to be ready. I have to wait at least 10 mins before I can collect all of my tasks on all of my characters before I actually get to craft, while the bots it was meant to tackle add a 1min wait timer. Bots don't get irritated, people do.

Though personally I hate doing professions on my phone.

Ahhhh I was wondering why there was that wait to collect crafting rewards. Funny how all these things meant to hinder bots only end up annoying the pants off the players.

Doing the professions on the website is also handy if you're crafting gear and have to keep an eye out for when a particular task comes up. I've sometimes waited for a couple of days before I caught the task I wanted. So now I have to sit in game to wait or log in once an hour to see if my task has come up? Don't think so.
  • brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    amenephis wrote: »

Because its a great way to make extra AD. Its accessible from anywhere. I check auctions, professions, clean out my inventory, play SCA and a lot of other things. Its a game almost on its own and I enjoy it. If the game itself were effectively down for three days and they just ignored everyone's questions about it you can bet that there would be a few angry threads about it. I spend more time on the gateway than I do in game because I am level 60, fully geared, all rank 10s, etc. But I still dont have that darned Lightfoot Thief and that keeps me playing.
  • jamestkirk130jamestkirk130 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gateway seems to be back up... this time for real!
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OMG Gateway is working properly now!!!
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well mucho thanks to whatever kicked it back into gear whether they swapped out fresh hamsters or the planets aligned just right but I'm a happy camper :)
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    YES!!!, is working again. :cool: thanks
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    We have identified the cause and have corrected the issue.
  • swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you /10chars
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    panderus wrote: »

Thank you :)
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Thanks! greatly appreciated.
  • offpuddingoffpudding Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks Bunches .. appreciated
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Those **** gremlins gnawing at the backbone cables.....

Thanks for the good work guys. For real.

Oh great, now I have an image in my head of Panderus getting down into the narrow maintenance shafts with nothing but a self-built flamethrower.....
  • senseiwasdsenseiwasd Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All of my <3's.

I wanted to put in a pic, expressing my love for you right now, but couldn't find anything nohomo.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Funny how all these things meant to hinder bots only end up annoying the pants off the players.

How does that hinder a bot? A bot can wait. A bot has time. A bot doesn't get angry. It just does not care.

My guess is that it's just a bug that hasn't been fix yet (on the live server). Btw. it seems that the issues was fixed on the preview server. There is hope.
  • muskowski198muskowski198 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well. On my internet explorer it's not even loading the page :/ Something must be still wrong