test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOD6: BiS Total Upgrade Supplies & Cost

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
For Mod 5 I posted an estimation of the total cost to a Module 5 fully maxed best in slot toon from scratch (about ~120 million AD give or take 20 million). Most people found that post useful and basically valid. This post is an estimate of how much more to add to that figure to reach the new BiS/max in Mod6 assuming already Mod5 best in slot maxed..

Noone has to max out a toon to enjoy the game . That is ridiculous to think. The old adage goes enjoy the journey more than the destination. This post for useful reference/information summary only on what is needed to go from best in slot maxed mod5 to BiS maxed mod6. Based on what is on preview now and could change before launch but probably won't. If you have any strong disagreements with these numbers, read the fine print assumptions at bottom, that might cover it.

TOTAL ESTIMATE UPGRADE BiS Mod5 -> BiS Mod6: 75,000,000 AD
TOTAL ESTIMATE from scratch to BiS Mod6: 190,000,000 AD

(120,000,000 AD from scratch to BiS Mod5, see linked post)

COMPANIONS
5x Purple to Orange pet upgrades..........5,000,000 AD

ARTIFACTS & ARTIFACT EQUIPMENT
Artifact 4....................................................0 AD (or could be up to 11 million)
Artifact Weapon..........................................0 AD (Mod 6 dragon chest)
Artifact Offhand..........................................0 AD(Mod 6 quest)
Offhand Stat/Class rolls (Cubes of Aug).........500,000 AD (estimate, varies a whole lot)
Artifact Cloak............................................0 AD (Mod 6 Linu)
Artifact Belt.............................................. 0 AD (Mod 6 Linu)

ARTIFACT UPGRADES
3x Artifacts Upgrade Orange to Mythic............19,866,000 RP, 15 GMOP, 60 pres ward, 18 purple marks
1x Artifact Upgrade Green to Mythic...............10,472,000 RP, 10 GMOP, 30 pres ward, 8 purple mark
[Each L100 to L140 need 6,622,000 RP, 5 GMoP, 6 purple marks, 20 pres ward]

ARTIFACT EQUIPMENT UPGRADES
Refinement of 4x Artifact Equipments...........11,290,000 RP, 48 pres ward, 12 blue mark, 12 purple mark
[Assume put L60 orange into new L70 to get 1,822,800 (40%) RP back. Strongly recommend to do during 2x RP]

ENCHANTMENT UPGRADES
17 enchants on main, 2 weap/armor enchants, 9 enchants on augment pet (optional)
Upgrade 28 Enchantments (R10 to R12).......47,900,000 RP, 280 GMOP, 84 blue&purple mark, 1040 pres ward, 4 coal wards (for a weapon and armor enchant, 2 each)

OTHER
4 Major Armor Reinforcement kits...........400,000 AD
New stuff ???????.................................??????? AD

GRAND TOTALS SUPPLIES/RPs

78,235,000 RP in enchants/thaumstones.....................24,000,000 AD
11,289,000 RP in refinestones/gear............................5,600,000 AD
305 GMOP...............................................................30,500,00 AD
1,180 Preservation ward............................................7,000,000 AD (need will vary alot, based on 6k each)
4 Coalescent ward....................................................2,000,000 AD (2 each for armor and weapon enchant)
5 Pet Upgrade Epic to Legendary................................5,000,000 AD
4 Major Armor Reinforcement kit................................400,000 AD
122 Purple mark......................................................300,000 AD (or something like)
96 Blue mark...........................................................300,000 AD (or something like)

TOTAL form BiS mod5 to BiS mod6.............................75,000,000 AD (rough estimate)

The breakdown is based on starting from best in slot and maxed mod 5 toon. If starting from scratch, add at least 100 million AD for mod5 BiS (see mod5 post referenced up top). This breakdown assumes no additional artifact purchases, assumes that new artifact equipment is gotten for free, that already have the pets/companions you want, and the new gear you get will come free. But, it assumes the use of an augment pet meaning 9x additional enchants to be upgraded which might augment not be BiS in Mod 6.. without the extra 9 enchants on an augment cost will be lower some since only have 19 not 28 enchantments to upgrade

*Does not include many other common costs such as fashion, pet runestones, character slots, bank slots, rerolls, special packs, etc. Number of pres wards needed is based on %chance upgrade (20 for a 5% upgrade).
*RP cost prices based on current price of 95,000 AD for stack of 99x Peridot and 8,000 AD stacks of rank 4
*Refinement prices are without using 2x RP weekends and without using of feeder artifacts which can much lower rp cost
*Refinement needs shown DO assume using the right type of enchant (radiants for radiant for double points, although this is not practical for enchants like tenebrous).

This for information and a useful reference post only.
Hope is useful, all the best <3

ps. If someone want to start cold and whip out a credit card at zenstore to get everything-maxed toon all bells and whistles, they'd be looking at around $5,000 USD for mod6.
Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Post edited by zeusom on

Comments

• jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thats just insane. i understand that they dont want you to get bis instantly and they do want you to spend a little money, but i dont think i've earned 75mil since i started.... (last November)

simply insane, im gald to see that you posted this. and i'd love to see what the devs have to say about it.
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Insane is using the p2w way to get all that. Play the game, get everything you need slowly.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Should add too... the cost if you do upgrades to only the core enchants/artifacts/artequipments (no pet or utility enchants) and also do that in the most efficient way possible during 2x RP and using matching feeder artifacts and matching enchants, the cost is much lower. This is pretty much best in slot for PvP since there are no pets and utility enchants for movement are not really really essential.

CORE UPGRADES; MOST RP-EFFICIENT WAY POSSIBLE
    Weapon/Armor enchant................Use shards of same type during 2xRP for 16x bonus (8640 RP each shard)
    13 Off/Def enchants.....................Use stacks of enchant of the same type during 2x RP for 4x bonus
    3 Artifacts from 100 to 140...........Use free (glory) L59 feeder artifacts during 2xRP for 10x bonus
    1 Artifact from 1 to 140................Use free (glory) L59 feeder artifacts during 2xRP for 10x bonus
    4 New artifact equipment.............Use L60 orange during 2x RP for 4x bonus (3,757.728 RP)

TOTAL SUPPLIES NEEDED (Core upgrades)
    99 Weapon enchant shards...............................cost varies
    99 Armor enchant shards..................................cost varies
    23 free feeder artifacts of matching type.............0 AD (Glory farming, though unrealistic to get 20+)
    7,250,000 RP for the 4 artifacts..........................1,100,000 AD (ex. 136 stacks of r4 enchants of any type)
    22,239,000 RP for 13 core enchants...................3,295,000 AD (ex. 416 stacks of r4 enchants of matching type)
    3,551,000 RP for 4 artifact equipment................3,400,000 AD (ex. 36 stacks of peridot for 95k each right now)
    170 GMOPs....................................................17,000,000 AD
    640+ Pres Ward (average)................................3,840,000 AD
    4 coal wards...................................................2,000,000 AD
    blue and purple marks
    4 Major Armor Reinforcement kits.......400,000 AD

Then... TOTAL is still about 31,000,000 AD.
    Because over half the cost is the 17million for the 170 GMOP that is hardcoded. That's for the core stuff that will matter in PvP.

Farming all that glory for over 20 feeders is not really practical, but the RP costs for the artifacts can be lowered a whole lot by using them. RP costs for enchants will prob go down too.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You missed out on the "small change" costs - like 100k AD each to buy gemmed rings, another 100k AD each IIRC to upgrade it with the Lvl 25 task,...

...but that'll probaby only be a few million AD

/sarcasm

Nice work. Maybe a few more ppl will get the message.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    BiS Sticker Shock scorches you for 75,000,000 AD Damage.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    my my my.... you just hit me with a RL disheartening strike!

so far my character cost me twice as much as a salvaged car would cost to buy.

I don't see myself spending more on this game anytime soon.

Mostly because I took all this time to build my character, giving it 3100 regeneration, and now that does not even serve me any purpose in combat.

Imagine spending years to get a degree in life from a respected school of study, then two months after you graduate, your degree is worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited April 2015
    [...]
    Imagine spending years to get a degree in life from a respected school of study, then two months after you graduate, your degree is worthless.

That one is easy...

...I recommend a liberal arts branch, and to be absolutely 100% sure do it at a law or tech oriented college.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well its only two grand to go from scratch to bis if you use the spammers. :rolleyes:

I really don't care how expensive they make BIS as long as pve difficulty is scaled to character progression and there are pvp gear brackets. Someone wants to spend ten grand on the game, god bless em. As long as there is challenging but doable pve content, and competitive pvp content at lower cost ranges, all the way down to totally free. Because after all, it is supposed to be free to play. Minus the parity in pvp and do-able pve content for lesser geared players, free to pay is a lie and becomes straight pay to win. We'll see where they go with this.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zeusom wrote: »

TOTAL ESTIMATE from scratch to BiS Mod6: 190,000,000 AD

TY for this, I now am in negotiations with Bank of America for a loan.
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Wowowowow so many zeros !!
    This game suddenly feels like space cadet ;D
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That one is easy...

...I recommend a liberal arts branch, and to be absolutely 100% sure do it at a law or tech oriented college.

funny because I worked with the school district (before they lay offs) doesn't work bro doesn't work...

tech for sure won't work..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thats just insane. i understand that they dont want you to get bis instantly and they do want you to spend a little money, but i dont think i've earned 75mil since i started.... (last November)

simply insane, im gald to see that you posted this. and i'd love to see what the devs have to say about it.

On live, you can already get something really good for 20 to 30M ADs. You don't need a perfect armor enchantment, rank 10s are overrated (8-9 is enough), you kinda need 5 purple pets, but many of them will be at epic level (like the rust monster), you don't really need orange artifacts, lvl 75 ones are good enough, only your primary one may go to orange eventually. Your big purchase will be the perfect weapon enchantment. This one is a big deal and it's a major, if not critical, upgrade. A purple main hand will do fine until a double RP weekend too.
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited April 2015

That 75.000.000 / 500 = 150.000 Zen, thats roughly 3000 Euros. If anyone really spents that kind of money, then by all means, more power to them :)
  • bezik01bezik01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    uvirith1 wrote: »
    That 75.000.000 / 500 = 150.000 Zen, thats roughly 3000 Euros. If anyone really spents that kind of money, then by all means, more power to them :)
    Actually, with this kind of money, you could get lifetime subscriptions in better games than NW - full of bugs and exploits with not working gateway.
    edited April 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    TY for this, I now am in negotiations with Bank of America for a loan.

Ask Goldman Sachs. Once there's enough zeroes to the figure they lose their sense for risk assessment...

funny because I worked with the school district (before they lay offs) doesn't work bro doesn't work...

tech for sure won't work..

...yeah?

And re. tech: Sorry, muddled wording on my side: Study arts at a law school or polytech.

And when you look at what people really do then, this is a completely different story. E.g. former fellow student of mine, PhD in classical history, works as Shift Supervisor at McD...
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    uvirith1 wrote: »

with that much money i can buy the games with first 3 letters of the alphabet on steam.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    You dont have to upgrade all pets to yellow.
    Only the augment as only the active slotted pet gives the bonus.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guys, look at it this way. That's calculating how much your TIME is actually worth. You can get all this stuff, or close to it by just playing the game. Despite the general attitude of the crowd in these forums, the expectations is that players ARE NOT paying to get all their stuff, but earning it in game. They price things so that attaining stuff simply by buying it is pretty ridiculous, otherwise you'd have people running around Neverwinter who got everything by buying it, instead of actually playing the game. And if you can "win" the game by just swiping your credit card, what fun is that?

I'm pretty much BiS everything right now...but I've been playing for two years. I've spent money, but mostly on sales stuff, mounts and some cosmetics...stuff I like to help support the game. I don't have R10's on my character simply because the cost doesn't pay for the benefit. Full R10's? Millions of AD for almost no effect...about a 1% difference in damage.

So also keep that in mind. What's being calculated can also be seen as "What's the absolute MOST AD I can spend on a character?"

Think of it this way. It's the 80/20 rule. You can get to 80% effectiveness by spending 20%. That other 20% (to get BiS) is going to cost you 80% more, and even then, it's exponential. Every 1% increase in power past that is going to cost you exponentially more. So the absolute difference in power between someone with a character "worth" 10M AD and a character "worth" 100M AD isn't a big as you would expect.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Wait! Artifact belts could be bought from Linu?
    edited April 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    Artifact Weapon..........................................0 AD (Mod 6 dragon chest)

Can someone clarify this for me how exactly do you get main hand artifact weapon... dragon chest as per dragonforged artifact chest from ToD campaign ???
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can someone clarify this for me how exactly do you get main hand artifact weapon... dragon chest as per dragonforged artifact chest from ToD campaign ???

Yes, that task. Also you'll can get the main hand finishing Spinward Rise
    edited April 2015
    Yes, that task. Also you'll can get the main hand finishing Spinward Rise

What is that spinward rise you speak of ? is that quest ?
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What is that spinward rise you speak of ? is that quest ?

It's one of the new areas in mod 6
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh well i have only 10M to invest in gear...seems about time to give up bis and hence pvp...
    Yai
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    If you want to get one new toon to BiS in mod6 only with 24k daily ADs via refining you will need 20 years.

Better start now. . .

If someone want to start cold and whip out a credit card at zenstore to get everything-maxed toon all bells and whistles, they'd be looking at around $5,000 USD for mod6. Okay something to think about I can see why so many games are going to free to play.Charging someone $15 a month to play and make $180 a year off them or sell them stuff so they can hang with the best in end game. All I can say is thank you to the people that will pay that kind of money so I can play free.I want be seeing any of you at end game because my gear score or what ever tool you shall use to judge me will be to high .So I shall just go as far as I can get and wait for this cash cow to end.Good Luck. Free to play worst idea ever to the player base but cant blame them for milking the ones that they can.:o
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All this does is illustrate a couple things to me.

A. People calling for "more AD sinks" are just ludicrous and has been for quite awhile, they need to reduce AD costs, not increase them. Im so sorry if you dont get zen instantly in the store.. spend money if you want items, stop adding AD costs to the game by insane AD sink demands.

B. THEY need to release a more casual PVP arena, I did thousands of matches on my CW,TR, DC, HR, GWF (skipped it with my sw and gf.. sw is weak and GF IS NOT my cup of tea) in mods 1,2,3 and some of 4. But I cant compete, I cant come close to the insanity that comes with playing at top level. Once upon a time, I was within (scratching distance) in mod 2/3, but its gone insane. I think there ARE many more people who would rather just play pvp at a decent level.

C. Just stop adding more RP levels on things.. please.

My goal is #1 pure weapon enchants then I will get a smattering of 9/10s on a few toons. Screw the rest of it.