test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Party Loot choice and quick removal of dialog box

chipperdoomchipperdoom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Out of curiosity what are users preferred method for dealing with loot options without taking hands off of movement in the middle of battles? Been thinking of making the extra buttons on the mouse so I can choose and move on. The menu screen is huge and covers too much of the screen. I don't want to deal with it till the current battle is over but want to get it off the screen fast, ends up making me just pass on items to get them off the screen instead of looking at the item to see if I could use it.
Post edited by chipperdoom on

Comments

• zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I pretty much just have to look at them for a split second, press shift 2 or whatever then spam escape when the results windows come up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I prefer to set green for free pickup, no use for all the random junk that falls and I hate having to stop and make a choice in the midst of battle. Otherwise, yeah... I agree with zshikara, its a quick look and i know if I want or not.
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I moved my results window to the corner so I don't have to look at it after the roll. But yeah, until we can move roll windows that'll pop up right in your face. I usually ask people to go back after we're done if they really want the greens. It doesn't usually work.
  • tatersalad77tatersalad77 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    f1 = need
    f2 = greed
    f3 = pass

simple and in reach
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i need on stuff in combat, unless its purple then sometime si pause and greed it. combat looting = bad okay people waste daily's dodges etc and sometimes need on it when they really mean to greed it.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Most annoying way to have this: Someone gets returned to sender, er, spawn and comes to the front again... ...picking every piece of scrap metal on the way, while the fight he botched rages on.

...one of the three situations I vote "yes" on kickvotes.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mine are remapped to F9, F10 and F11. Can't remember why I didn't used F1...

Slightly annoyingly, the key mappings seem to be per toon rather than account-wide so you have to set them for each alt.
    edited April 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    Mine are remapped to F9, F10 and F11. Can't remember why I didn't used F1...

Slightly annoyingly, the key mappings seem to be per toon rather than account-wide so you have to set them for each alt.

You can use "Save config" / "Load config" in the bottom bar of the options->config window to help synchronize that.

Sorry, off-topic, but perhaps helpful.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    f1 = need
    f2 = greed
    f3 = pass

simple and in reach

OH wow...call me stupid...never thought of that..and **** I have a great gaming keyboard that would make it so much easier.
  • bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can use "Save config" / "Load config" in the bottom bar of the options->config window to help synchronize that.

Or '/bind_save' in the chat window on a toon you've set up and then '/bind_load' on all your other toons. '/bind_load' is the very first thing I type in the chat box when starting a new toon.

My gripe is that there does not appear to be an easy way to do this for chat options and tabs. Does this config method cover that?
  • bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If anyone joins a party that I have set up they won't get loot messages at all except for epic stuff. The good thing about setting loot level to epic is that it is remembered. You only have to do it once.
  • alboradaalborada Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There was a game that i cant remember the name, but all the loot was distributed at the very end of the dungeon. No matter who "pick it up" when the dungeon is cleared is when the rolls pop-up. That help with 2 things, 1 you dont have that spam in middle of combat and 2 you dont have a player grabbing what he/she need and then leaving the dungeon.

They also need to remove the "kick" option when the final boss is killed, i have seen many people abuse of the kick option only to make other people unable to get their reward after they helped with the fight. Specially if there are 2 of the same class in party, one of them usually end up kicking the other one so he/she dont have to share a need roll.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Off-topic: yes
    Helpful: definitely

I had not even noticed the load/save thing so thanks for that.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Or '/bind_save' in the chat window on a toon you've set up and then '/bind_load' on all your other toons. '/bind_load' is the very first thing I type in the chat box when starting a new toon.

My gripe is that there does not appear to be an easy way to do this for chat options and tabs. Does this config method cover that?

Yes. The save/load config from options saves and loads all configurations you have made. I at least can't think of any exceptions.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure why people have trouble with shift+1, shift+2, shift+3. It's no more effort than F1, F2, F3. Or maybe it's just the typist in me. I just hit shift+# and move on when they pop up. If I'm in combat, I'll default to greed for green, wait to see if someone rolls need for blues (if they do, I will as well, if they don't, I'll greed.) And, since the only place I'm really fighting for loot at is in SoT, I'll roll Need on purples. No point in even waiting, there. If I see the icon for the blue level 59 necklace on the drop, I'll just freaking pass. Stupid level 59 blue that shouldn't even be in a 60-only skirmish. Grrrrrrr!

When I'm with a pre-made group just playing the game, I'll change the loot to only roll on purples, and then it's not an issue. Really don't care if the blue/green loot goes to me or someone else. I'll let the game pre-roll who gets that drop for me.
    edited April 2015

IIRC there's Save/Load buttons in the chat config menu, too (The little cogwheel thingie)...

...I'll confirm or deny when the servers are up again.

[Edit: Deny - but it seems to get saved when Save config is done - I got my played chars' channels on my mules, too, never set them up there, though]
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, there are buttons to save the file. I use it religiously when I make new characters, or decide I want to have something different with my set up across the board with all of my characters.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I usually pass on everything during a fight
  • chipperdoomchipperdoom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    passing becomes my default as well jus to get it off the screen. If I could shrink and move the window so it permanently was in a corner I could at least take a glance when i'm not in the middle of healing/killing. Thanks to everyone for their current state, sounds like nobody really "likes" the current situation, just deals with it.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shift-z, shift-x, shift-c, but I am a gf so accidentally pressing shift doesn't bug me. In fact, the amount of time pressing shift is how this came to be!