test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Gateway down?

Comments

• b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dear (all people involved in producing Neverwinter),

I think it's safe to say that Neverwinter is the most bug-ridden, problem besieged, piece of software that I have ever come across. The only reason I continue to play, is that there simply isn't anything better available at this time. If you want people to continue to buy Zen, I would strongly suggest you get your act together, and start producing a QUALITY product. I would suggest you begin by fixing all of the existing bugs, both in the game and in the gateway. The details are what matter.

Regards,

A disappointed Neverwinter denizen.

completely agree.. sad truth is.. no one is forcing us to play.. (well.. except for the addiction... desire.. and NEED TO PLAY) lol.. but at the end of the day.. it's free.. and they prob are thinking the same thing.. they're putting their resources where they think the most ROI will come .. sadly.. it isn't us ;( or they just don't have the resources to support us.. or they're just asleep ;p

Either way.. as an avid user.. I deal with the lag.. it nail biting and sometimes I shake the mouse.. but when I do get it to load.. I grin.. PROFESSION Set for 18hrs! lol.. *goes back to work
  • delfeluguedelfelugue Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    with chrome i have this error code : Code d'erreur : ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    the referral link does the same thing as going direct. sometimes get to login page and sometimes not. I still haven't been able to get past the login page since monday afternoon.

b0rkch0p wrote: »
    something I've noticed is if you click on gateway from their main site [ http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter ] it will load up (laggy, but load) .. almost seems like they're blocking direct requests but not referring.. it takes 20seconds between requests.. (sometimes 40s and then dc's you) and looking at all the requests one click of the GW requires.. sometimes 20 separate requests to their socket.io .. well.. dang.. ;) why not just make it one request ..
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I think it's safe to say that Neverwinter is the most bug-ridden, problem besieged, piece of software that I have ever come across. The only reason I continue to play, is that there simply isn't anything better available at this time. If you want people to continue to buy Zen, I would strongly suggest you get your act together, and start producing a QUALITY product. I would suggest you begin by fixing all of the existing bugs, both in the game and in the gateway. The details are what matter.

Regards,

Exactly!

We don't want a new module every 3 months. Just spend 6 months to fix all existing bugs and make everything WAI.

Layering bugs upon bugs just make everything into a tangled mess that'll require greater effort to undo/fix later down the road.

I love the game and will still support it, please give us more reasons to stay and open our wallets to you.
  • nemezischonemezischo Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    THE GATEWAY HAS BEEN FIXED!!!

April fools :)
  • dublindandublindan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nemezischo wrote: »

Nope, Still doing the same thing on this end
    edited April 2015
    nemezischo wrote: »

*nods.. nope.. *nod... nope lol.. I just refresh the screen and it works.. it's 75/25.. but all my pro's are in their 8-18hr tasks.. so at least I got that far ;)
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Regards,

You know, I was going to write up this whole sarcastic post and everything but really I'm just laughing too hard to do so. They've been making games this way for years, and they are clearly making money doing it that way or they wouldn't still be doing it. I can guarantee the people running the game know how to make money off of it better than you do.

Their goal isn't to make a quality product. Their goal is to make money. They are clearly achieving that goal, because their business practices haven't changed in all that time.
  • bezik01bezik01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    We don't want a new module every 3 months. Just spend 6 months to fix all existing bugs and make everything WAI.

Fixing the bugs and exploits and fixing the key elements of the game (like gateway) won't make players to spend more money.

Providing people with "new" "content" every 3 months, forcing them to work on their eq over and over again is the source of $$$.

Unfortnately it seems QUALITY < $$$
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, quality is supposed to be free, after all (at least that's what the taught us in our software development class).
    edited April 2015
    Well, quality is supposed to be free, after all (at least that's what the taught us in our software development class).
    Quality is never free. Especially in "freemium" games. You can hardly expect a "quality" product not having to pay for it. What you can observe in NW. "Gateway not working? Sorry, it's beta and f2p - so what?".
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bezik01 wrote: »
    Quality is never free. Especially in "freemium" games. You can hardly expect a "quality" product not having to pay for it. What you can observe in NW. "Gateway not working? Sorry, it's beta and f2p - so what?".

At this point I'd be satisfied with "Mostly working".
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
    edited April 2015

Ok ok now that you're done surveying the forum, get back to your desk and resume your work on MOD 6 launch, you PWE employee :p
  • muskowski198muskowski198 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fixing the bugs and exploits and fixing the key elements of the game (like gateway) won't make players to spend more money.

Actualy fixing bugs and exploits will make more players to come and less players to quit. Isn't it what money come's from? The players?
    edited April 2015
    Actualy fixing bugs and exploits will make more players to come and less players to quit. Isn't it what money come's from? The players?
    What makes more money: working gateway or new gear you have to upgrade (by spending money on upgrade items) ?
    edited April 2015
    Gateway is certainly not their priority for sure, especially with the launch of MOD 6 just round the corner :(
  • rovadixrovadix Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2015
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What makes more money: working gateway or new gear you have to upgrade (by spending money on upgrade items) ?

I'll take option C - Xbox.
  • jyuen33jyuen33 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same problem on 4 different PC at 3 different location. Using 3 different ISP (ATT Uverse, Comcast, Sonic Fusion DSL). Gateway get stuck on varies screen or disconnect every few minutes. Generally very slow. Started a couple days ago and now just stuck at the login screen.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A hunch I have is that the gateway is now supposed to be showing characters on both servers and that for some reason is causing a major problem. Thats the way the gateway before worked when there were multiple servers. The character list had all toons across servers just that the server name next to toon was different.

They probably flipped the gateway switch monday evening and ever since its had problems. This is a just a guess but as many others have said...problems start around the same time as xbox launch...strange coincidence indeed
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was able to login to gateway briefly not long ago and do some professions tasks, but kept having to hit refresh (F5) quite a bit as it kept locking up. After about 5 minutes, I could never get a refresh to work and got booted to login.

Sigh . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • megatantrumusmegatantrumus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its still hosed like a server running 100% CPU constantly..... my favorite thing to look at today: "LOADING"
  • canadascottcanadascott Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In British Columbia, it's down for me.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited April 2015
    you...sure about that... this could be more fun =)

nw_no_load.png
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Face it, this game is running on a shoe string and with the recent firings I really doubt it that they get their act together anytime soon. Not enough manpower, not enough budget, trying to roll out a new module, but every preview version so far has only introduced new bugs and imbalances.

On top of this they port their game to consoles, so everyone now has to pull double duty for Xbox and the Pc and all of that without investing into their infrastructure.

I work for a mid-sized internet provider, I see exactly these problems every day. Stuff breaks, no one is available to fix it because of other more pressing schedules, problems are being juggled between different departments where nobody has the time or competence to work on them. No extras are hired and the experienced workers just do their duty and try not to burn their fingers on pressing problems, cause they know that this won't get them a reward but only more annoying requests. Still the company does not go bankrupt because the base product is quite good, but everyone can see how poorly managed things often are.
    edited April 2015
    Face it, this game is running on a shoe string and with the recent firings I really doubt it that they get their act together anytime soon. Not enough manpower, not enough budget, trying to roll out a new module, but every preview version so far has only introduced new bugs and imbalances.

On top of this they port their game to consoles, so everyone now has to pull double duty for Xbox and the Pc and all of that without investing into their infrastructure.

I work for a mid-sized internet provider, I see exactly these problems every day. Stuff breaks, no one is available to fix it because of other more pressing schedules, problems are being juggled between different departments where nobody has the time or competence to work on them. No extras are hired and the experienced workers just do their duty and try not to burn their fingers on pressing problems, cause they know that this won't get them a reward but only more annoying requests. Still the company does not go bankrupt because the base product is quite good, but everyone can see how poorly managed things often are.

*nods.. prob one of the reasons I never get upset about these things.. I am an IT guy.. I know why and how things don't work.. eventually they'll get fixed.. until then.. you just take a break.. ;)
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is hard to fathom the thought process that led to axing 1/4 of the team right before the rollout on a new platform upon which the companies future likely rests.
  • callofkutulucallofkutulu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hmm maybe they should sell bug fixes in the zen store and we could buy those. Top 5 most purchased bug fixes each week get fixed in the following patch. Failure for one of the top 5 bugs to make it into a the subsequent patch release means they release a free blood ruby for everyone in game.
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Gateway is still acting up badly for me.

Took me three tries just to get in, it gives me a warning about unsecured connection, then once inside the load times are horrendously long.

It needs to be fixed still.
  • rovadixrovadix Member Posts: 55
    edited April 2015
    xbox lags is their priority now... so bye bye gateway