test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Most Helpful Player on the forums

katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Recently, there has been so much negativity on the forums, I felt like we need a change of pace. In this thread, just name the person on these forums that has helped you the most, and thank them publicly!

For me, I think it'd be chemboy or kaelac, without their calculations and guides, my CW would be really bad!

Let's share some positivity and thankfulness, as a community!
dulopa4e1d9.png
|| Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Forum: Kolatmaster aka Leroy Jenkins aka Idontknowhisswcharacter.
    -Made a great GWF guide and then SW guide and typically makes me laugh with his responses
    Chem was also very helpful and generally pleasant
    zeb does what hes required to, but also seems like a decent dude

Ingame: the legit channel in general. Id probably would have left this game if it wasnt for those people and channel making it a positive gaming experience for me. They also put up with my nonsense.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    marnival and mirrorballs, they contribute greatly to feedback and have above average knowlege compared to rest of players, u learn a lot if u read their posts

raxanor from hr forums has incredible, long, informative posts too. he is excellent at analizing hr

regards
  • Options
    martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lazalia and Lazaroth Dae'mon aka @lazaroth666 for his great guides about GWF and SW.
    Chem and his work for CW and, of course, Kaelac and his incredible work of calculations for the builds of the all classes
  • Options
    killernorekillernore Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lazalia and Lazaroth Dae'mon aka @lazaroth666 for his great guides about GWF and SW.

i agree whit you. Great guides full DPS for no chesse class :D. good work Lazaroth Dae'mon and viva@pollarina
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The most helpful player for me on the forums, since I started, has got to be Grimah. His original CW guide was the longstanding authoritative CW textbook not just on what the feats and powers actually did, but the proper roles for a CW. He didn't just say "put 5 points into X feat", he explained each feat, what it did and what he thought about them; he didn't just say "use X encounter/daily in dungeons", he explained each ability and good places for when it ought to be used and when not to use it.

Chemboy, abaddon, ironzerg have all been very helpful with CW guides and builds and testing. Chemboy finally convinced me to switch from SS to MoF and I have enjoyed it ever since.

I very much like Zebular's contributions of lore to the forums, to remind us all that this is a D&D based game not just some generic action combat game.

For DC, Kaelac wins hands down. If it wasn't for Kaelac my DC probably would have just turned into a prayer alt instead of my 2nd main.
  • Options
    spookymistspookymist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Kaelac for the amazing work on CWs and DCs. The DC in particular, went from an abandoned alt to my main that I love playing. Huge thanks for that :)

Kolatamaster just for being LEEEROOOOY JENKINS!!! and of course his SW Guide which is awesomeness (nothing to do with his being one of my 3 fave GLs at all.........)

Forward thanks also to Chemboy as my 8th 60 is a MoF, and I shall be reading with great interest any pointers and tips for that in mod 6.

And, last but by no means least, all the helpful, positive people who are on the forums.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    macjae is the only one left that seems to have a complete understanding of the game and so always enjoy its posts regarless the matter
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Todesfaelle and his permastealth TR guide. It's not like I haven't figured how to do it on my rogue back then, but his guide did help a lot and made my solo dungeon trips way smoother. Besides he is really nice person, never cursed even once at anyone each time we played together in PvP. Also did his best trying to help me get my polar bear mount when I lost it.

To be honest, Banelorne is the only person I found on these forums and kept in touch ingame for a while. The rest of people I respect and like I met ingame - @ctf4void, just for being a coop person and very good conservative PvE GF, always a pleasure to have a conversation with him when we are out of grind. @ilyuhahawk just an old friend of my, gwf that's always been on my side no matter what. @lazaroth666 this is one big /trade fan :P Nice person too. @demonicenstein PvP SW I learnt from. @zeusom nice person and fellow PvP warlock, had some fun getting angry about game balance together. I think, the list is just too long to put it all here :D
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All good people mentioned already, but Zeb stands out as a calm voice of reason and deep knowledge base at all times. He just doesn't come around these pessimistic forums that much anymore - hard to blame him, knowing his personality.

But he is active on the "legit" in-game chat channel. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    koalazebraiikoalazebraii Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    The one guy who really helped me understand this and that in Neverwinter went by the name Trickshaw. Smart person, logical thinking, good sense of humour.. smart enough to leave the game long ago. Some of you who were here from the start may know him.

ya his posts about GWFs was helpful and fun at the same time
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Kaelac & all the crunchers - Made access easy to the number crunching. I cannot imagine how much hours were spent to research the (toally bugged/crazy) DPS calculation.
    Ayroux & all the GWF lobbyists - The class balance is like a GWF at-will, encounter or daily power: A wet noodle. You are trying hard. GJ!

Cryptic/PWE: You should invite some of these people. They can save the game ;)

//Bellistor
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015

These are threads that make me happy :)

Thank you for the positive posts!
  • Options
    chocobolochocobolo Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Kaelac for president.

Perhaps other people did it first, but his posts made me aware of "trap choices" that really don't benefit your character one way or another. Dev's fault really.

I tried joinning his guild, I wanted to be helpful too! But I think he left the game already?
  • Options
    jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    abaddon523 hands down!

He does all the necessary testing, which leaves it much easier to theorycraft for other CWs.

So thanks a bunch abaddon523
  • Options
    yalaiayalaia Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    for me as CW there are two guys...

Grimah for the first insights into the CW and nowadays abaddon for his good testing (he's one reason for me to test things more deeply and based on facts).

Thumbs up for those two !
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hands down Kaelac. No need to elaborate. He's done the finest math job NW has ever had.
  • Options
    lawu79lawu79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I vote for Akro, his hair has made my life so colourful.
  • Options
    pufy2010pufy2010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi guy's! A.A here.

All of you did great job and continue to do so.

And i love you guys.

But my vote is for : Bacon.

Sory.

May the Bacon Bless.