test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 slot pvp rings...

teribad15teribad15 Member Posts: 1,092 Arc User
will we get upgraded version of pvp rings set from campaign but with 2 slots?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    will we get upgraded version of pvp rings set from campaign but with 2 slots?

I VERY VERY much hope this happens, I loved my PVP rings... Now they are useless.

Heck I would even just take a "stat" upgrade from the lvl 60 versions (same stats just beefed up for the new stat curves) two slots would be even more of a bonus however if they beefed up the stats enough that would suffice.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    I VERY VERY much hope this happens, I loved my PVP rings... Now they are useless.

Heck I would even just take a "stat" upgrade from the lvl 60 versions (same stats just beefed up for the new stat curves) two slots would be even more of a bonus however if they beefed up the stats enough that would suffice.

You would really assume they will make them upgradable,I mean getting 13/30 in the PVP campaign does take some time, and if 70 is the new endgame why give us level 60 rings for it. maybe theyll make new level 70 rings claimable on release of the module
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    such rings really need an upgrade, it's not easy to get those,
    it's why they should staying something special and not outdated.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I do agree. Those rings should be top-tier gear for pvp, considering you need to pvp a lot to get them.
    I'd
    -upgrade stats, including the set bonus
    -add double enchant slot
    -add a set power useful for pvp, similar to the PBI set bonus and CBI bonus.

Make it through pvp. Example: win 200 domination games OR other pvp events, and you unlock the upgrade. With that, you can turn your pvp rings set into one of 2 sets. One set with defensive healing bonus like the PBI set bonus, and one set with offensive bonus like the CBI set bonus.

Would make this pvp set really unique for pvp.

Jewelry at lvl 25 could give the chance to create rings with tenacity but the pvp set would be better due to the set bonuses. Which is fine considering it's harder to get.
    edited March 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    I do agree. Those rings should be top-tier gear for pvp, considering you need to pvp a lot to get them.
    I'd
    -upgrade stats, including the set bonus
    -add double enchant slot
    -add a set power useful for pvp, similar to the PBI set bonus and CBI bonus.

Make it through pvp. Example: win 200 domination games OR other pvp events, and you unlock the upgrade. With that, you can turn your pvp rings set into one of 2 sets. One set with defensive healing bonus like the PBI set bonus, and one set with offensive bonus like the CBI set bonus.

Would make this pvp set really unique for pvp.

Jewelry at lvl 25 could give the chance to create rings with tenacity but the pvp set would be better due to the set bonuses. Which is fine considering it's harder to get.

Something else thats not good is that there is only 1 level 70 pvp set. I'll be honest if I was a newer player who leveled up to 70 then wanted to try to get into pvp more I'd be shocked at the cost of the ONLY level 70 tenacity set, and probably give up after my first few experiences while in PvE gear and being completely wrecked (other than elemental black ice, but seriously, the time for a new f2p player to farm that...)

At 60 we have 3 pvp sets that progressively cost more, and as such you can "advance" your gear to the new sets. at 70 there is one set that costs as much as the most expensive level 60 set. are level 70 new players just meant to deal months of being completely wrecked and flamed in their level 70 PvE gear until they can finally afford their 1 option for a level 70 set?

There needs to be more options at 70 for PvP gear so people can progress effectivly. How about adding the GG coin trade stuff to the supplies NPC, and turning him into the level 70 pvp gear NPC. then we can have 3 scaling sets just like at 60, thus eliminating this problem that is most likely going to come up (or just turn all new people away from PvP)

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...or put in some Jewelcrafting task to upgrade them to "personalized" versions...
  • j3ttruebowj3ttruebow Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    well lets hope devs ill consider to make those rings we get lv 70 pvp set so why not lv 70 pvp 2 sloted rings with tenacity set bonus.

Why not eliminate tenacity altogether. Pvp is a must for me. So i end up only wearing pvp sets always. My choices of which sets i wear are limited to just pvp sets. Cant stand unslotting and reslotting enchants while switching pve and pvp gear

More diversity in builds and armors is always better than everyone running the same thing having the same builds
    edited March 2015
    j3ttruebow wrote: »
    Why not eliminate tenacity altogether. Pvp is a must for me. So i end up only wearing pvp sets always. My choices of which sets i wear are limited to just pvp sets. Cant stand unslotting and reslotting enchants while switching pve and pvp gear

More diversity in builds and armors is always better than everyone running the same thing having the same builds

I said this a while ago. and its a really good point to raise.

it'd be the easiest way to help with the current PvP culture., just give everyone a "base tenacity" of 50% (so half damage from player sources) that comes before ALL and any DR (this also reduces piercing damage and the currently unmitigatable damage) and just remove tenacity alltogether. Maybe mod 7? imagine the diversity of builds if you could use any of the level 70 epic sets and their bonuses in pvp effectively. you can still have the PvP sets in there, they have their own set bonuses that are good. just remove tenacity and increase other stats to make them comparable to top tier sets.

edited March 2015
    it's necessary to improve the PvP-Rings.
    compared the new coming

level 70Ring with 2 slot vs PvP-Ring

the 70Rings its even better to use it on pvp than the actual PvP-Ring.
    Or do we have to max jewelry to 25 to play with on pvp.
    I dont think, jewelry was proposed for.

a) an overall stat improvement
    b) Adding a second slot like the "Jewelry-Rings
    c) or ADD new set of PvP- Rings Lvl 70 on vendor.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    it's necessary to improve the PvP-Rings.
    compared the new coming

level 70Ring with 2 slot vs PvP-Ring

the 70Rings its even better to use it on pvp than the actual PvP-Ring.
    Or do we have to max jewelry to 25 to play with on pvp.
    I dont think, jewelry was proposed for.

a) an overall stat improvement
    b) Adding a second slot like the "Jewelry-Rings
    c) or ADD new set of PvP- Rings Lvl 70 on vendor.

its kinda hard to give up a cold extra 650 tenacity for mabys a extra 2% in what ever stats the lvl 70 rings mite give
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    voltomey wrote: »
    its kinda hard to give up a cold extra 650 tenacity for mabys a extra 2% in what ever stats the lvl 70 rings mite give
    Currently, tenacity has softcap around 800. Do they increase tenacity cap in mod 6?

Otherwise, 650 extra tenacity from pvp rings is pointless if you already have a full pvp set.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    j3ttruebow wrote: »

I think everyone's favorite solution would be to eliminate tenacity, then rework these rings to be 2 slot rings.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vexus99 wrote: »
    I think everyone's favorite solution would be to eliminate tenacity, then rework these rings to be 2 slot rings.

You thought wrong. I greatly favor keeping Tenacity... ....though it could use some workover, too...

Re. rings: I'd suggest (again) to make that a Jewelcrafting task - let it require 10 Seals of Triumph as a component, maybe...
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vexus99 wrote: »

I see what your getting at. Basically tenacity creates a massive divide between PVE gear and PVP gear. No player will be caught dead in PVP without a PVP set, which I think causes the desire for dungeon running to diminish.

With Tenacity already in the game, some options would be to put tenacity onto PVE gear (like black Ice gear did), offer Tenacity reinforcements (although they would likely have to "soft cap" this stat further to prevent or deter PVP GEAR players to really benefit from tenacity reinforcements)

Another option could be to offer "overload" enchants from the PVP vendor that last maybe 2 hours of gameplay. These would grant something LIKE: When struck you have a 25% chance to gain (Insert Buff Name Here). When this buff is active, gain +800 tenacity for 30 seconds. This effect does not stack and can only happen once every 60 seconds.

Now you can get two of these and net yourself 800 Tenacity as a "base" at the loss of other overloads.

Ideally the PVE gear would DIP over into PVP gear and vice versa. I never think making them entirely separate is a good thing, although I DONT like that a PVP player is ever forced into PVEing to get PVP gear.

I would be happy with a middle ground. PVP sets are good, PVE sets can also be good for PVP. This benefits all players.
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I actually like the system they have on live - with the 2 pvp rings I can have a considerable amount of tenacity for pvp and the rest of my slots can be filled with hard grinded pve gear, similarly a pvp player can just pvp for full set of pvp gear and have full tenacity offering a slight defensive edge vs a mixed pve/pvp player at the cost of theoretical maxed dps.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i think everyone should toss these pvp rings set like i did :D
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    :p suggest make the pvp ring set drop in dungeon:rolleyes:
    edited March 2015
    this is an especial PvP-Boon Reward not a simple ring and it's why it should stay it,
    An overall Stat improvement or a second slot like the "Jewelry-Rings, thats enough.