Install Arc
Options

Launch Delayed "A Few Weeks"

1235»

Comments

• Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...even if we only get upscaled old dungeons or skirmishes - with corresponding drops - I'd call that progress. And that might be within the scope of the possible.

Yes, I love the old dungeons with plenty of adds. After playing ELOL several times, it just does not seem right to me. Making the old dungeons relevant again should be priority number 2 after fixing bugs with mod 6.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    hargoodhargood Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am very ok with this

"If the bridge isn't finished, please don't push me on to it"

:D
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hargood wrote: »
    I am very ok with this

"If the bridge isn't finished, please don't push me on to it"

:D

This bridge will never be finished.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't get me wrong here I'm all for the delay going on so they can improve the expansion, but couldn't they tell us this like a week ago? Did they need to wait until the hype was soo high that it would burst already 3 workdays b4 the supposed launch?
    They knew this already a week ago I bet cuz the absence of the prepatch made me and lots of other people wary of a delay, so they could've told us earlier and not at the last minute, but hey I guess this too was another marketing ploy of sorts... Wish for once they could be honest about wanting our money...
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    elvenaar wrote: »
    [...]Wish for once they could be honest about wanting our money...

But they are! Look here: Earn Exclusive Companions Today!

...also, there'll be another 1st of a month = payday between now and the postponed realease date.

But those were probably not really the main reasons for the delay. Judging from the state of preview, ambitious project meets overeager schedule seems more to be the core reason. I'm all for sarcasm and cynical remarks, but here... ...they really need that time, some more probably wouldn't have hurt, either. Look, they're trying to completely restructure the game's core math, AND put out new stuff all at once, that's quite a bite to take...
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    At least they admitted that it wasn't ready unlike previous mods
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While I am optimistic that this delay will result in a more polished and smoother release, I feel that, at the same time, they could have done a "mini release" of, say, just the Paladin, to satiate people's desires for the new stuff, while also allowing us a head start on leveling one up.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for postponding the release to fine tune the new mod, you have full support from me, thanks PWE!

Would be nice if you guys can review GWF's balance in mod6's PvP too :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    Thanks for postponding the release to fine tune the new mod, you have full support from me, thanks PWE!

Would be nice if you guys can review GWF's balance in mod6's PvP too :)

If anything SW needs some aid first, being the most screwed-over PvP class.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh wow! I saw that countdown clock in the login window over the weekend, so it must have been a recent change.

Glad they are delaying to get more feedback in the test realm and probably less bugs to deal with once it goes live! Niceness!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    While I am optimistic that this delay will result in a more polished and smoother release, I feel that, at the same time, they could have done a "mini release" of, say, just the Paladin, to satiate people's desires for the new stuff, while also allowing us a head start on leveling one up.
    The Paladin is one of those things not ready for launch. Nobody is going to want to play one the way it is now.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    This year is the year of delays, first GTA 5, then Witcher 3, then Witcher 3 (again), then neverwinter...
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Paladin is one of those things not ready for launch. Nobody is going to want to play one the way it is now.

I read the ENTIRE feedback thread on the Pal, and decided to wait and see if/when they make changes to it before I play it. As you know, starting a new character is a major investment.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Although the delay should increase the quality, I don't think that the delay is long enough to increase the quality to a high enough level for it to be warranted.

Now the quality will have to be premium, otherwise why the delay?

So the argument of being rushed by the producer, license owner, etc is now gone from any defense of releasing a mediocre product.
  • Options
    thexarkunthexarkun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Its great to see game devs realize that its better to delay a product to make it better than release it on schedule and have bug city
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    i realy think they bit off more than they wanted if they would have just did the pally and stat changes this mod and lv 70 next one they might have been better off
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My opinion is that all game companies need to just stop announcing when games, patches, or updates are coming out as not one of them can get it right. They get our hopes up and we get all prepared for them and then nothing. What we get it is, sorry it has been delayed. So, just stop announcing when the game, the patch, or the update is due out because it won't be. Just say - Coming Soon, and leave it at that.

P.S. I understand the reasoning behind the delays. But that doesn't make it better.