What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You know what would be nice in pvp?

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
edited March 2015 in PvP Discussion
1) create a 5 man party
2) walk up to another 5 man party
3) option to challenge pvp arrives when clicking them!

OMG I want this!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
Post edited by demonmonger on

Comments

• Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That would be called a, team duel. It certainly is possible, champions online has it for: 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 4 on 4 and 5 on 5. However, it also is possible to duel 2 on 1, 3 on 1, or 2 on 3, etc. I'd like to see some sort of duel - arena introduced, gameplay wise it should be the same ones that are featured in champions (they are almost perfect). That way duelling would not cause lag in cities, etc.

But yeah, i like the idea of non objective driven - pvp.

• Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Isnt that the same thing as when everyone arrive at 2, either in Rivenscar Ruins or Mount Hotenow? :rolleyes:
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What would be even better would be an expansion for Trade of Blades that would be a single instance for all PVPers with ways to party up and challenge another party right there and immediately get into a match. A 1v1 dueling arena would be sweet as well as better training and testing facilities. The sad part is that even though the biggest spenders in the game are PVPers, actual content and balancing for it don't seem to be much of a concern for Cryptic.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What would be even better would be an expansion for Trade of Blades that would be a single instance for all PVPers with ways to party up and challenge another party right there and immediately get into a match. A 1v1 dueling arena would be sweet as well as better training and testing facilities. The sad part is that even though the biggest spenders in the game are PVPers, actual content and balancing for it don't seem to be much of a concern for Cryptic.

This sounds like bait for more TR complaining.
    I can imagine all the "Avoid the 1v1 duels it's nothing but TR's permadazing" threads.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    I can imagine all the "Avoid the 1v1 duels it's nothing but TR's permadazing" threads.

OK so don't 1v1 a TR then? Watching 2 TRs duel though is actually fun to watch.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    is it possible to make such an arena with the gateway? The you can just run it with a pre-made group that wants to pvp.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    It's really about more flexibility in setting up matches. The current matchmaking system just doesn't work very well, at least with the current number of players that still pvp. Fresh 60 players with blues and greens would be able to find similarly geared players to fight with and against and avoid being the scourge of pug groups with all the negativity that goes with it. Top BiS geared players would likewise be able to find challenging opponents and teammates and get battles that don't take them down 8 pages in rankings by beating a much lower tiered group.

Cryptic seems at a loss for solutions to the current mess that is pvp so we as players try to help by offering up ideas that might work. Heck I petitioned for remix version of the epic dungeons for long enough that they actually are doing it, so feedback does sometimes help :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I guess I should say the main reason that Cryptic doesn't want to give us control of our matchmaking (or foundry based PvP) is due to the possibilities of "boosting" abuse. Until they figure that big problem out, none of these suggestions can be considered.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015

...seeing nothing, then occasional Smoke Bombs randomly popping up all across the battlefield? What's fun to watch there???
  • Options
    ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2015

maybe if you have xrayvision

regards
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The best way to make PVP more appealing is to include NPCs there. There should be 2 types of NPC - neutral (e.g attacking both sides) and aligned - attacking only one side. The spawn rate of NPSs should be relative to scores - e.g winning team should get more/harder enemy NPCs spawned and loosing team should get less enemy NPS.
    Having NPSs in PVP should make all classes usable in PVP and definitely increase fun factor. It won't be hard to implement either.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015

idea is nice and it will lead some Tr´s to change the class in case of being ignored by other classes for sure
    looking at other games its almost same problem playing an OP class, noone wants to deal with
    so you end up in 1 on 1 competitions TR vs TR all time i guess, you will have the same issues about group-setup even before the game starts for sure, like:
    "your TR is abusing broken skills, kick him or we won´t start", or " we don´t want your faithfull DC, i can´t wait until sunset to end the game"
    in the end it would probabaly be not too bad making the peron/player more important, reputation, playstile, abuses or not, so all in all the cheater will go home
  • Options
    martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for all your feedback, our DEV team will look into it and most likely implement it in mod22, stay tuned!
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Or probably just have solo/duo queues and 5-man queues