test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

use sigils to refine artifacts

pan17pan17 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvE Discussion
Long time now there is the classic problem of the high astronomical cost(4 mill ad or more) of upgrading epic artifacts to legendary ....
That thing has to change to make more players happier by making sigils usable ...again . because now they are useless except the sigil of the devoted which every premade player has for free max action points ..lol
Post edited by pan17 on

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As sigils can be claimed ad infinitum, it wouldn't make sense to allow them to be refined into other artifacts. Claim sigil, refine into another artifact, reclaim sigil, lather, rinse, repeat.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pan17 wrote: »
    How will we get 2 mill rp only from farming low rank enchants ?

Same way as everybody else , craft some Dragon horde enchantments and Fey blessing enchantments then kill ,kill ,kill and kill some more until your fingertips bleed xD
    Oh and buy stacks of stuff off the AH between modules when they are cheap.

We suggested letting us use the Sigil's even just to get the RP back we had used in them but Cryptic won't have any of it.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Make them legendary and only usable by it's class.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...I think the thing about "Sigil of the Devoted" was with punny intention, and the OP referred to Drake, Unicorn, Pegasow, Kessell's... ...Sigils.

There's been a thread to that intent some weeks ago...
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As sigils can be claimed ad infinitum, it wouldn't make sense to allow them to be refined into other artifacts. Claim sigil, refine into another artifact, reclaim sigil, lather, rinse, repeat.

Unless they put on refined artifact equal or less amount of RP spent on them (but never more). This way you can change artifact without loosing all RP spent on old one.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly, I don't see a reason why wouldn't they let use refined sigils as RP. At least purple/legendary ones. We spent so much RP on those, why can't we make an use from them now?
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't see a reason why wouldn't they let use refined sigils as RP. At least purple/legendary ones. We spent so much RP on those, why can't we make an use from them now?

mine are legendary, i will bring them to 140 and there is no way i will change them if i cant use them as refining.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    plain old artifacts don't have new lvl 70 version as far as I know, just new lvls to lvl them up, so why would you want to trash em now?
    edited March 2015
    ...again: The thing with "Sigil of the Devoted" was a pun, methinks.

Using "Sigils" of the Drake, Unicorn, etc. is what the OP meant, IMHO.

Yes, I know they're _Seals_ in the English version, but that would both be the same word when you translate it to e.g. German ("Siegel")...

...unless, regarding the latter, you're talking about the marine mammal...
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Pretty sure they are only claimable once per character and are bound....
  • theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    benskix2 wrote: »

You can only have one at a time, but if you discard one you can get a new one from the vendor.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    They could at least make it give its value in RP when put into another artifact and be unaffected by modifiers such as crit or x2 RP event. They could even make it just give 1/2 the RP put into it under similar conditions. There really is a lack of incentive to use these artifacts with how quickly the game progresses with new artifacts being added which can be used to refine into another artifact in the future once it becomes quickly outdated.

What is the motivation to invest in something temporary when you can make a permanent investment in an artifact which can have its value reclaimed later if need be when costs are so ridiculously high?
    edited March 2015
    benskix2 wrote: »
    You can only have one at a time, but if you discard one you can get a new one from the vendor.

^^^this, but ofc this costs you all refinement done on the discarded one.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have 3 sigils on my Wizard. The sigil of the Devoted, the sigil of the great weapon and the sigil of the hunter. All at legendary level. without a way to recover my RP I wont change them. I'll quit playing before I do.
  • arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    here's one solution: sigils should not have innate RP value - like at level 1, they're still worth 1500 RP (if a normal artifact) that should be it's difference don't make them worth something at redemption, and you don't have to limit their use. only the RP value should carry over when using it to refine, you lose the value of the marks used, but you can still salvage some of the massive RP needed in artifact equipment. even with a 40% reduction to RP, having an epic sigil was still a massive amount of RP that legit players are competing against botters that farm much more efficiently than a human, but the RP system is catered to compensate for those outliers, it's a bit discouraging to real players.

to go even further, you can also make Sigils only refinable into another sigil. you'd get 2X bonus going power>power or union>union, but you cannot go sigil>artifact.
  • rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dose anyony know what Artifact we will be able to keep if my toon(s) that have not reached lev 70 yet?
    When Mod 6 NEW launch launches that is?
    I have ( toons , and I have already gotten 5 of the six classes avaible. All my toons are carring 3 each. I refine each to a certain level and switch them as needed tring to keep them even.
    Can say keep a CW artifact in my GWF. Or a SC artifact in my HR? I have gotten all of them ,except 1, leveled up enough to go on the artifact quest to get them.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The solution to this is to have sigils give only a 1:1 RP value when refined and have no intrinsic refinement value.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Why can't we just allow sigils rank 30+ or rank 60+ to be refined into other artifacts just like any other? Get rid of the synergy bonus for these if this seems to farmable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A possible solution would be to allow Sigils when blue or higher to give the standard RP values when used for refining with this value unaffected by double XP events or same type artifact refining. This would allow them not to be a total waste of RP when something better comes along.