test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In game lexicon.

tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi!
World of D&D is really big and interesting, there are many things that I would love to see cataloged. And what better thing is suited for that than a lexicon?

But you can ask why in game? There are many sites with all the informations I could think about, that's true, but what if this information could also benefit our game experience? How? Really simple.

When we encounter monster for example Kobold, with our new hero, that just started to put his first step on Sword Coast, we really know little about that particular monster, but in time when we kill few, we are getting to know his weaknesses. So more kobolds we kill, our knowledge about them increases.

UPDATE 1
Picture:

2cmrn0h.png

What we have here? Of course the book with all adversaries. You can choose type of creature and specific race. On the pages there are informations about that particular opponent, expertise shown as perk lvl, some overall lore as well as tactics for fight.

Types are represented by icons:
Animals>Monsters>Demons>Undead>Humanoids>Elementals>Bosses

Few words about perks. They come after killing exact numbers of enemies. Lets say:
perk lvl 1: 10 kills (easy monsters); 3-5 (elites); 1 (boss)
perk lvl 2: 50 kills; 15-25; 5
perk lvl 3: 100 kills; 50; 10

Perks for purpose aren't very strong even at highest level. Here can be quite a few combination. But overall they are just a small token of appreciation for hero.

You can see that the number of information is correct with perk lvl.
This thing is crucial specially against boss fights.
Lets take Akar Kessell.
Perk lvl 1 info: Akar is using spheres of anihilation that can daze hero, better to get out the way
Perk lvl 2 info: Akar sometime summon black ice giants, you can use them to your adventage when they explode near Kessell, freezing him.
Perk lvl 3 info: Akar at the begining of the fight calls for slaves, two beholders are supporting him, but when they are badly hurt they will turn sides and attack their master.

Thanks to that more people would know how to fight bosses and hard monsters, especially if the new content will be tougher.

That's for now. If you like the idea or you have better improvement share it here!

Sorry for typo and others :)

Myst(ria Alighieri)
Post edited by tecmyst on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Something tells me that Wizards of the coast might not want to put a lot of thier published book info freely available in a F2P game.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Cool idea! Would like to see that in the book.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...would add to the "completeness" feel of the game. The idea should at least find a place on the biiiiiig players' wishlist that I'm sure sits in a directory on some HD (one to which only Belial and Asmodeus have read access, unfortunately...)

No, really, good idea, seconded, could probably be fairly easily realized without much interface programming or so by simply adding a fourth bookmark-tab to the [J]ournal function.
  • railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nice idea :)
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You realize there is a "Lore" section in the quest journal, right? I'm pretty sure 99.999% of the players never read any of it.
  • mark8pcmark8pc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That's really cool!
  • tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the comments!

@sockmunkey: like @magenubbie wrote, I also can't see problem here, but maybe you know something more :)

@katbozejziemi: yes, I agree with you. And that's why I want to make it atractive to more people not only for lore seekers but also for stat seekers, that would like to become effective in combat against certain encounters. (and again also what @magenubbie wrote above)

And as @karakla1 and @suicidalgodot wrote: yes it would be great as the fourth extension in the journal/book!
    Opposite to lore overlap, this would be only refered to creatures encountered in game.
  • tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Got some time thanks to Elemental Evil delay, so I made better picture of the idea, hope you like it.
    Update in first post.