test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Everything changed, where to begin?

aviendha9aviendha9 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited March 2015 in The Library
Hello,

after a long while (about 18 months) I've decided to log in again and I've noticed... end game content has grown massively!
The enchantment system has changed, gear has changed, suddenly I can get boons and there are A LOT of new professions.

:confused:- Overload error -:confused:

I don't know where to begin? Which profession's good? Which paragon path to choose? Boons?
I wasn't lazy, I've searched the threads but didn't find a lot of usefull stuff, maybe I didn't search long enough.

I'm a casual player, I don't do a lot of dungeons, I like skirmishes and a nice pvp match once in a while. I enjoy single play and a bit of farming. I want to build a fairly balanced but high DPS CW and I've got some time.

I've got a lvl 60 CW and have to decide on a paragon path, I have HV gear and not much else.
I like the idea of spellstorm CW, I'd be fitting for my character but if the other paragon path is much better, please tell me why.

I'd be really thankful for some advise.
Post edited by aviendha9 on

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's dangerous to go alone. Take this.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Another one that work good is a Thaum-MoF build.

But with module 6 incoming, we are more or less in waiting mode.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes Everything has changed, and t's about to change again.

For Professions, leadership gives AD and will soon give refining points.

Tailoring will give you armor enhancement kits.

Artificing used to let you make BiS weapons, but they're now obsolete.

Jeweling can make good rings, but you need epic tools

Builds are about to change. Personally, I like SS and I like Renegade, but Thaum is also good.
  • Options
    vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Honestly, the amount of change you are experiencing will double on March 17th when Mod 6 is introduced. It really is the most fundamental change since beta.

Level cap raises to 70. Every class gets more from which to choose: 2 new passives, 2 new feats for each tree (6 total), and 2 new encounter popowers.some very good stuff for each class. Enchants get 2 new ranks above 10. And here will be a new class called the Oath bound Paladin (hhybrid of a Guardian Fighter and a Devoted Cleric ). But the biggest change of all will be the stat curves.

Beginning at level 61 the stat curves come crashing down on us way worse than diminishing returns ever did. Basically, you only get 1% of something for every 400 points into that stat. For instance, if you had 4k of defense in Mod 5 you would waaaaaa overcap it and have crazy damage resistance. A GF would have like 50% damage resistance for 4k into defense. At level 61 that same 4k investment instantly drops his defense from like 50% to exactly 10%. Ditto for crit and all of the stats except recovery and armor pen. Those are bad too ... just not as bad as the rest. So .... everyone will instantly drop from being level 60 powerhouses to level 61 weaklings. And even Maxx out at level 70, you will not be nearly as powerful as you were at level 60.

So, just realize that a bigger change is on the horizon than the ones you are dealing with right now. Good luck man ... lots of investment will be needed to be competitive in the days ahead. :(
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vexus99 wrote: »
    Honestly, the amount of change you are experiencing will double on March 17th when Mod 6 is introduced. It really is the most fundamental change since beta.

Level cap raises to 70. Every class gets more from which to choose: 2 new passives, 2 new feats for each tree (6 total), and 2 new encounter popowers.some very good stuff for each class. Enchants get 2 new ranks above 10. And here will be a new class called the Oath bound Paladin (hhybrid of a Guardian Fighter and a Devoted Cleric ). But the biggest change of all will be the stat curves.

Beginning at level 61 the stat curves come crashing down on us way worse than diminishing returns ever did. Basically, you only get 1% of something for every 400 points into that stat. For instance, if you had 4k of defense in Mod 5 you would waaaaaa overcap it and have crazy damage resistance. A GF would have like 50% damage resistance for 4k into defense. At level 61 that same 4k investment instantly drops his defense from like 50% to exactly 10%. Ditto for crit and all of the stats except recovery and armor pen. Those are bad too ... just not as bad as the rest. So .... everyone will instantly drop from being level 60 powerhouses to level 61 weaklings. And even Maxx out at level 70, you will not be nearly as powerful as you were at level 60.

So, just realize that a bigger change is on the horizon than the ones you are dealing with right now. Good luck man ... lots of investment will be needed to be competitive in the days ahead. :(

That's crazy. Why not just make everyone level 40 and make the cap 50. Kind of silly to make everyone weaker at 70 than they were at 60 before.