test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Discussion: How can the Refining Points system be improved going into Mod 6?

Comments

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm starting to worry that Fey blessing enchantment drops will be made BoP for module 6 , the amount of stacks of 99 from the same players is ridiculous and makes it pretty obvious they are being botted.

Fey Blessing enchant drops are already BtA. However, there are numerous other sources of rank 4 enchantments other than Fey Blessing.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe this will be the week they announce we can refine stack of 99 at the same time :)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback:I still believe they are missing the boat if they dont ADD RP to dungeon chests, this will encourage grouping together again. Thats what alot of us are discouraged about.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Feedback:I still believe they are missing the boat if they dont ADD RP to dungeon chests, this will encourage grouping together again. Thats what alot of us are discouraged about.

Yeah I am waiting/hoping for them to announce this as well. We desperately need more/any reasons to do group content.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone already suggested it:
    Devs could implement with mod6 that gems like: pearls, peridot, aquamarine, flawless sapphire, black opal, blood ruby, diamond have a chance to crit like all other stuff that can be used to refine something. It would be just a little help, but combined with some other "little" helping additions they would add all together and makes refining more enjoyable for everyone.

Actually it would be fantastic if we could use x99 stacks as a lump sum rather than clicking it 20 times for the full stack. Then you could do 5 stacks at once for nearly 500 enchants all at once rather than clicking 100 times.

I also think that for ARtifact Equipment they need to MATCH the RP from the Resonance Stones.

This means a Green would be 2,500 RP.
    Blues at 5,000 RP
    Epics at 35,000 RP (calculated from ratio of Aquamarines to Black Opals then applied to Blue Resonance at 6.67:1)

Because this solution ALSO solves:
    silverkelt wrote: »

Because now all those epics you got from dungeon runs could be used for a good amount of RP instead of RAW AD or Selling for AD on the AH.

This ALSO bolsters the economy because it pegs a minimum price of AD to Epics due to the RP you can get from them, giving incentive to farm dungeons since there will always be a market for ANY epic item.

BTW even at 35,000 RP for Epics. Even assuming they "double" for "like items" meaning 70k per piece - if you bought like items - this would still require 66 Epic Items ALL "like" items to get an orange Item.

This seems more than fair.
  • Options
    ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    I also think that for ARtifact Equipment they need to MATCH the RP from the Resonance Stones.

Blues at 5,000 RP
    Epics at 35,000 RP (calculated from ratio of Aquamarines to Black Opals then applied to Blue Resonance at 6.67:1)

This honestly seems like overkill. Legendaries should actually take some time to aquire (although current rate is way to slow). Maybe greens adding 250, blues 1250 and epics equal to what they salvage for would be a good idea. Even at that rate the refining process would be much much faster. If all epics were 35k refinement most people would have full legendaries in a month. It is pretty easy to get 10 epics in a day, and if they crit....
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    This honestly seems like overkill. Legendaries should actually take some time to aquire (although current rate is way to slow). Maybe greens adding 250, blues 1250 and epics equal to what they salvage for would be a good idea. Even at that rate the refining process would be much much faster. If all epics were 35k refinement most people would have full legendaries in a month. It is pretty easy to get 10 epics in a day, and if they crit....

Overkill except we DONT know the RP required to get to the new max level. So this might be overkill with TODAYs market.

Also keep in mind you need to:

MainHand - completel module 4 dailies, farm the skirmish and the dungeon for the drops then CRAFT the MH (which is like a 1/3 or 1/4 chance to get the right one) THEN farm all the RP for it. Much harder than getting 60 and running CN for a MH.

OH - WIN tiamat 15 times (also cannibalizes boons btw) and then pay to upgrade.

Neck - WIN tiamat 15 times (same as above)

Belt - Farm HEs - hope to get the right one.

The ONLY one of these you can pay is the belt.

If the RP required for the new BIS artifacts is the same as the current lvl 60 ones. Then you could even remove the "doubled for like items" approach and just give a flat out:

Blues at 5,000 RP

As the rewards.

This would up the requirements to 132 Epics PER PIECE meaning 528 Epics for all four ONTOP of the already farming mechanics to get the BASE item.

Either way you slice it. Its very reasonable. Think of how many Epics 500 Epics is......
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Its not overkill, this is reasonable.

Consider this.

A. Its already been shown, items do not seem to be final , they will and HAVE already replaced some, If you cannot get items to a reasonable level between mods, there is almost no reason to do them at all!
    B. Current Meta STILL locks out players from PVP, you simply cannot compete.
    C. Current Meta, LOCKS out ALL players from using more then 1 toon. I find this simply unnaceptple.

This idea that you need to level up a item , for months is unreasonable.

Every mmo ive played, didnt take as long to do a full set of raid gear as it does to level this junk up!

There is just too much wrong with the system and not enough to the players benefit.

The game has gotten to grind heavy (way overboard) and they havent scaled it back to a reasonable rate for many of us, adjustments from the last week has been a slight positive step, but its not there yet.

I do not consider RP a buy it to play the game item, no one buys RP, some people MAY and I say may, purchase items to sell on AH to buy RP, but those people also are making millions in AD a week in all likelihood.

The changes in the game hurt the people who play it the most legitimate and according to cryptic preferred way. We do not bot our way to orange, but neither do WE WANT to solo farm junk.

a hundred runs should accomplish anything in this game. Thats alot of time invested, right now its so far out of reach to most of us, we dont even try, its boring, its overly complicated, time consuming, solo farming experience, that most MMO (online community players) do not care to join.

I play MMOs to fight in groups, simply put, doing dailies solo wise is OK to accomplish boons, its not ok to spend 100s of hours to solo grind RP.

Dragon hoards SHOULD be a bonus, not the primary way to EARN RP.

How or why they thought it should be , I cant even get my mind wrapped around that. Im not dev bashing , Im trying to conjecture, which is hard, since WE do not get communication directly with them on this issue.

MANY ways were proposed to monetize RP, that would also return a more reasonable process . Im not opposed from the company making money, but current process there is no reason to, because dropping 30 bucks, does nothing for you, dropping 60 does nothing for you, heck dropping 200 barely scratches the surface.

No player I know in thier right mind would pay at the current prices to level up artifact gear.

THE VAST majority of players got thier RP through pre purchasing RP while it was botted and using it on double refine weekends.

We still have issues with exploited AD on players as we still have poeple who use BOTS to grind out RP.

I WOULD have no issue of having the current system, IF ALL the bots, explotations were removed, banned and junked from the game.

Which is why I proposed a total AD reset once, I would also propose a total RP reset.

I think it would be 100% beneficial if they could do that and COULD also stop botting. But I know its not feasible, I know it wont happen.

So I want a legitimate way to earn these items at a acceptable rate, that allows me to play a MMO as every other MMO is designed (playing in groups HAS always been better then alone, with MUCH better rewards for doing so!) while being also able to play 2-4 alts EVERY mod.

THAT IS not unreasonable, that is STANDARD fare for other mmos, and WAS for this one as well until introduction of RP artifacts.

Im trying to give feedback as a veteran neverwinter player concerned about the direction of this game, as well as this release date (oh my! why so aggressive!).

So much is riding on this release and Im just afraid with that aggressive date, not enough will be tested and adjusted correctly. In terms of RP, I will again re emphasize, the dire need to ADD some sort of RP reward to DD's.

Feedback: DRAGON hoards, should be a bonus, not the primary way to earn RP.

Thank you,
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I would get rid of artifact equipment and artifact powercreep. Other than that, have EXP and glory gained automatically convert into refining points put into your current artifacts equipped.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Actually it would be fantastic if we could use x99 stacks as a lump sum rather than clicking it 20 times for the full stack. Then you could do 5 stacks at once for nearly 500 enchants all at once rather than clicking 100 times.

Blues at 5,000 RP

Because this solution ALSO solves:

Because now all those epics you got from dungeon runs could be used for a good amount of RP instead of RAW AD or Selling for AD on the AH.

This ALSO bolsters the economy because it pegs a minimum price of AD to Epics due to the RP you can get from them, giving incentive to farm dungeons since there will always be a market for ANY epic item.

BTW even at 35,000 RP for Epics. Even assuming they "double" for "like items" meaning 70k per piece - if you bought like items - this would still require 66 Epic Items ALL "like" items to get an orange Item.

Genius, plain and simple. 100% agreed here, and I can definitly see this happening rather than some more complex system, adjusting RP from existing equipment sounds alot more simple than implementing a new system (with some tweaks of course)

I also hope to see some tweak from dragon's hoard, such as the proc is from kills contributed to instead of kills made so that healer/non dps classes have a more fair ratio from having low DPS, and other things like that.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I still think they either should lower demands for all RP by half of current plan, or put double RP into effect at all times. There, you made me happy!
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Blues at 5,000 RP

We already have an epic-quality Greater Resonance Stone which is 12,500 RP.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    We already have an epic-quality Greater Resonance Stone which is 12,500 RP.

Didnt know that. I looked for one and wasnt on the AH, also I have never got one...

Either way, Epics at 12,500 RP would be alot better than 1,200 you get now...
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Didnt know that. I looked for one and wasnt on the AH, also I have never got one...

Either way, Epics at 12,500 RP would be alot better than 1,200 you get now...

IIRC they're rather rare drops from Artifact Provision Packs.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    IIRC they're rather rare drops from Artifact Provision Packs.

Well anyways then it would be revised to:
    Blues at 5,000 RP
    Epics at 12,500 RP

"Like" Items would still be doubled meaning an Epic MH drop could be sold or used for 25,000 RP into your mainhand.

4,600,000ish RP for max / 25,000 per epic = 184 Epic MH items. Even that seems a little silly to me but would be a MASSIVE upgrade from what we have today.

Part of the issue here is with the above, blues and greens are the best to use, you can easily find 5-6 greens in much less time than it takes to get an epic. So what they NEED to do is drastically increase the rewards on Epic ITEMS used for RP purposes.

I would even suggest removing the RP from Green items altogether, make Blue items = like 2,000 RP and Epic Items can be a BASE of 25,000.

Thus if you get an Epic MH and put it into your MH artifact item, you would get 50,000 or a blue MH into a blue would be 4,000 RP.

This makes Epic items MUCH more valuable and as I mentioned before it creates its own market demand for epic items. This boosts the economy and gives players a reason to farm dungeons.

Think how much an Epic MH would sell for on the AH if you could use it for 50k RP? You would create a nice marketplace for PVE players to sell gear. Same with Belts/Necks and OHs.....

Just seems logical to me... Incentive the stuff that bots cant do. Give players reward for farming dungeons.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Blues at 5,000 RP
    Epics at 12,500 RP

"Like" Items would still be doubled meaning an Epic MH drop could be sold or used for 25,000 RP into your mainhand.

4,600,000ish RP for max / 25,000 per epic = 184 Epic MH items. Even that seems a little silly to me but would be a MASSIVE upgrade from what we have today.

Part of the issue here is with the above, blues and greens are the best to use, you can easily find 5-6 greens in much less time than it takes to get an epic. So what they NEED to do is drastically increase the rewards on Epic ITEMS used for RP purposes.

I would even suggest removing the RP from Green items altogether, make Blue items = like 2,000 RP and Epic Items can be a BASE of 25,000.

Thus if you get an Epic MH and put it into your MH artifact item, you would get 50,000 or a blue MH into a blue would be 4,000 RP.

This makes Epic items MUCH more valuable and as I mentioned before it creates its own market demand for epic items. This boosts the economy and gives players a reason to farm dungeons.

Think how much an Epic MH would sell for on the AH if you could use it for 50k RP? You would create a nice marketplace for PVE players to sell gear. Same with Belts/Necks and OHs.....

Just seems logical to me... Incentive the stuff that bots cant do. Give players reward for farming dungeons.

For the life of me I don't know why this hasn't been done already. I can't believe how low RP an epic item gives
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    nephinephi Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Blues at 5,000 RP
    Epics at 12,500 RP

+ 9,001 :)
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I like the idea in general, but prices are still governed by supply and demand. What you'd like see is a huge drop in the other refinement stones, based on how easy and plentiful BOE epics became of the AH. Supply would go up and demand would ultimately drop because of how cheap Legendary items would become to refine. You're reach a new equilibrium for RP prices, which would probably still keep Epic prices low, based on how easy they'd be to farm.

So while I think dungeon drops SHOULD have their RP increased, maybe at a 1/2RP:RAD value, what you're proposing is way, way to high.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There are some good ideas in this thread, but I think a lot of people are missing the larger picture.

From what I have observed, PWE's current monetization plan for RP is as follows:

"If you want to obtain BIS status within 1 module's time (or even 2 or 3 modules' time), you must pay us money."

You can argue that this plan is wrong, immoral, greedy, etc., but I don't think that will get you anywhere. That appears to be what they've settled on.

So all of these ideas that allow players to obtain BIS status within 1 module's time without paying any money probably aren't going to fly. Like having ridiculously high RP values for blue/purple gear.

PWE also clearly wants to make it difficult for you to obtain BIS status by only using the AH. Because I'm sure they are aware that players are able to bypass their Zen shop and Zen/AD exchange, and buy AD directly from third party sites. So the easier they make it to refine your gear using only stuff you can buy from AH using AD's alone, the more it incentivizes using the third party AD seller sites. They really really want you to spend money on Zen.

So I seriously doubt they will enable players to buy a handful of epic belts from the AH, or even 166 belts, and - click, click - legendary artifact belt!

What they don't seem to realize is that the Zen RP products are simply overpriced. Why they don't realize this is beyond me.

So I think a plan like ironzerg's is a more likely one to be adopted, and it could be monetized by selling RP boosters and/or EXP boosters in the Zen shop.

But since the monetization plan appears to be "you must spend money if you want to get BIS in 1 module's time", the amount of RP that we are likely to get from EXP is probably going to be low. So that, once again, we are heavily incentivized to *rely* on the RP/EXP boosters that are sold in the Zen shop. So the RP/EXP boosters will become the next "blood ruby": overpriced but seemingly what Cryptic wants you to buy in order to get anywhere.

This is also why we will never get super-duper-amazingly hard PVE content, because if that were the case, the completely F2P players would be unable to complete the content at all.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    This is also why we will never get super-duper-amazingly hard PVE content, because if that were the case, the completely F2P players would be unable to complete the content at all.

This is actual true. And I don't have a problem with it.

Cryptic has decided to cater the the middle-of-the-road player, not the power player here. You're never going to see content that requires super-high levels of gear. You're never going to get content gated behind need all Legendary gear.

Legendary gear is purely a grind mechanism designed to keep the hardcore who MUST have BiS everything chasing a carrot while they work on new game content. Cryptic is designing content so that it takes your average player 3-4 months to get through it. Your power players are going to get through it in 3-4 weeks, max.

So how do you keep those players grinding away in game for another 2-3 months? Have them chase Legendary status. Your average player isn't expected to have Legendary anything...that's why the hurdle to acheving Legendary status is so ridiculously high, while by comparison getting your Artifacts to Purple (and still making them BiS) is comparatively low.

Getting an Artifact weapon to Epic takes about 12% of the RP needed to get it to Legendary. And the benefit of Legendary weapon over an Epic weapon, at least in the case of a CW, is going to be about 4% more damage, if you include R10's in the gem slot.

If you changed the tooltip on the Artifact Weapon to read "increases damage by 4%", people would think it's absolutely NUTS to grind that out. But some people, myself included, do grind it out because that's what we do in these games.

That being said, my biggest complaint on the RP system is just that working towards that goal simply isn't fun. Collecting bags and bags of RP stones isn't fun. Trying to scour the AH for deals on RP items isn't fun. And sticking all those items into the refinement window, 5 pieces at a time is atrocious.

Which goes back to my experience system. It's not necessarily meant to make it quicker or easier to get Legendary status, but more fun. The experience system does a lot of things.

a) Lets players "grind" RP doing whatever it is they like to do: PvE dungeons, PvP, dailies, solo questing, whatever

b) It's more straight forward, and the effort needed is made obvious. Anyone can get an idea of how much EXP they're earning per hour, and then have more reasonable expectations about how long the journey is.

c) It rewards players for doing content, not just grinding in questionable foundries.

d) Experience CAN NOT be monetized by bots.

e) Experience CAN be monetized by Cryptic.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I dont get the argument that they are trying to monetize RP,

Who in the heck would actually pay for RP at those prices? I really dont know anyone in game that would do that.

This is what I know that poeple have bought.

Account wide mount.
    Pet packages
    Dragonborn packs
    other varied packs (scourge, fey ect)
    and bags.
    Cwards and Pwards, usually for resale
    and some stones, usually for resale
    And Keys.

I dont know anyone throwing actual real world dollars to buy that RP, its such a small amount for such a outrageous prices.

All this does is prevent legit players from progressing, it doesn't monetize it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Lastly, but not the least important, it's much easier to make money from it. XP garments, boosters and such will -if priced reasonably- make cryptic much more money than the blood rubies ever can, and still force people to actually play the game.

This is what baffles me. If EXP became an important currency, things like those Inscribed Garments would have sold like hot cakes. People would be tripping all over themselves to get online for a 2x Experience weekend. And there would probably be people who would run with Exp boosts 24/7.

And it's fair. I don't think there's a person on these forums who would argue that a person who plays more shouldn't be entitled to advance faster, which is exactly what the EXP system does. Plus, I would make the EXP bank account-wide, so people don't feel punished for playing or trying to gear up alts, which is another major complaint I see.

And the rate at which people gain experience is going to naturally scale as new content is added, and it's an easy level for Cryptic to pull if they think people are gaining RP too fast or too slow.

Plus it adds in entirely new options for events. Double EXP dungeon hour. Double EXP quest hour. And it even address part of the problem with the Foundry, which is the incentive and loot. They can't add more loot to the Foundry because of botting and farming, but they CAN add more experience to it, particularly highlighted or promoted quests. What if they had the Foundry "quest of the day" where you got a big experience boost for completing it?

I could go on and on...
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    This is what baffles me. If EXP became an important currency, things like those Inscribed Garments would have sold like hot cakes. People would be tripping all over themselves to get online for a 2x Experience weekend. And there would probably be people who would run with Exp boosts 24/7.

And it's fair. I don't think there's a person on these forums who would argue that a person who plays more shouldn't be entitled to advance faster, which is exactly what the EXP system does. Plus, I would make the EXP bank account-wide, so people don't feel punished for playing or trying to gear up alts, which is another major complaint I see.

And the rate at which people gain experience is going to naturally scale as new content is added, and it's an easy level for Cryptic to pull if they think people are gaining RP too fast or too slow.

Plus it adds in entirely new options for events. Double EXP dungeon hour. Double EXP quest hour. And it even address part of the problem with the Foundry, which is the incentive and loot. They can't add more loot to the Foundry because of botting and farming, but they CAN add more experience to it, particularly highlighted or promoted quests. What if they had the Foundry "quest of the day" where you got a big experience boost for completing it?

I could go on and on...

genius, simple and clean
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

I could go on and on...

It really is the CLEAR and just flat out BEST solution.

To make it really simple they could even flat out just give you a "bank" of EXP to be used AS RP with only overflow exp. Meaning that once your level capped, all overflow EXP counts towards the resource "EXP" for you to spend on anything.

As mentioned then you can offer double EXP events, Double EXP hours, EXP boosters. Heck you could even offer an event called "Double EXP->RP" Where ONLY EXP is doubled for RP.

You could even create a new Zen item that doubles any EXP used for RP or gives a boost of EXP used for RP for like 5 minutes or w.e... Options are unlimited.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The idea is to make an "RP Bank" from the experience gained, that's shared across all characters. Actual experience points towards leveling would be earned on a per character basis.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1