What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[MOD 6 guide] Lazalia's High Crit build for PvE GWF Destroyer

Comments

• midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi, thank you very much!

Regarding to your questions:

1 - The 4th feat in the Destroyer tree is "Focused Destroyer" it also grants you a chance to activate it hitting any number of enemies, up to 25% per hit.

2 - Mighty Leap can be used in both defense and ofense, it allows you to avoid dmg if you use in the right moment, it gives you a very nice mobility and it doesn't have a target cap so you can hit many enemies.

Mmm ok!

One last question, why DEX belt over STR belt? isn't better having more %Damage bonus than %Crit chance?
  • mefmaremefmare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mmm ok!

One last question, why DEX belt over STR belt? isn't better having more %Damage bonus than %Crit chance?

DEX provides more sustained dps if your critical severity is more than 106%. Every point in DEX boosts your dps for your crit severity*0.01, Every point in STR boosts only for +1.06% (with maxed 'Disciple of Strength' heroic feat)
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    mefmare wrote: »
    DEX provides more sustained dps if your critical severity is more than 106%. Every point in DEX boosts your dps for your crit severity*0.01, Every point in STR boosts only for +1.06% (with maxed 'Disciple of Strength' heroic feat)

you might want to use @Bellistor link and play with numbers, you;ll be in for some surprises, use guides for what they are and build your own character.

I have no clue if the DoT resist from str is working so is rly hard to evaluate the overall str benefit.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ortzhy wrote: »
    you might want to use @Bellistor link and play with numbers, you;ll be in for some surprises, use guides for what they are and build your own character.

I have no clue if the DoT resist from str is working so is rly hard to evaluate the overall str benefit.

I tried to explain before why DEX belt is better than STR belt but unfortunately you didn't pay attention or you didn't understand and I'm very sorry if it was my fault (perhaps my english is terrible, I wish I could explain things in a better way) so please let's try again.

It is obvious and doesn't require too many calculations to understand that STR belt will give you much more dmg in a single hit compared to the DEX belt but this one will give you more sustained DPS and that's what we need for THIS build.

Let's take some multipliers as follow:

24 str - 28 dex = 5.42.
    28 str - 24 dex = 5.47.

Base dmg: 7000.
    Crit sev 167%.

Base dmg * their respective multiplier:

24/28 = 37,940.
    28/24 = 38,290.

Considering for 24/28 we have 61% crit and a total of 100 hits, this will give us 39 non-crit hits.

61 crit / 39 non:
    (crits: 37940*1.67*61 + non-crits: 37940*39)

3,864,947.8 + 1,479,660 = 5,344,607.8 / 100 = 53,446.08. avg per hit.

57 crit / 43 non
    (crits: 38290*1.67*57 + non-crits: 38290*43)

3,644,825.1 + 1,646,470 = 5,291,295.1 / 100 = 52,912.95. avg per hit.

As you can see, this build isn't about hitting hard in a single strike, it is about doing as many critical hits as possible because it does increase much more our DPS.
    Mmm ok!

In the previous explanation, you will see why DEX belt and not STR. :)
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • elkachocalvoelkachocalvo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nice guide and nice build, explained in a simple and elegant way, I find it extremely useful. I want to thank you for your work and effort.

I'm a newbie here, just started to play two days ago and I'm still learning the mechanics. But as a casual player (hardcore gamer in spirit but with little free time), I want to do this right from the beginning. You've explained the powers needed in this build and how to use them, but I'd appreciate orientation in what to do with the "spare" power points and the best powers to use while levelling until I unlock the final build ones. Maybe adding a pic of your power chart will do the trick, if it's possible? Thanks.
    edited January 2015
    snip

you arent taking into account CA and that changes things, CA behaviour is different for crits and noncrits and it favors noncrits. In fact above 3200 crit rating str belt becomes better!
    edited January 2015
    Nice guide and nice build, explained in a simple and elegant way, I find it extremely useful. I want to thank you for your work and effort.

I'm a newbie here, just started to play two days ago and I'm still learning the mechanics. But as a casual player (hardcore gamer in spirit but with little free time), I want to do this right from the beginning. You've explained the powers needed in this build and how to use them, but I'd appreciate orientation in what to do with the "spare" power points and the best powers to use while levelling until I unlock the final build ones. Maybe adding a pic of your power chart will do the trick, if it's possible? Thanks.

Thank you very much for your kind comment, I appreciate it a lot.

It has been requested many times despite I've mentioned that it doesn't matter what points you unlock in your power tab as long as you use those that I pointed out in the guide but I think it is going to be a lot better if I add it.

I can't post a picture because it would show much more points that you would normally have when you reach lv 60 because we start to get free points after this lvl once you fill your experience bar.

Please, take a look to this link, you power tab should look like this.

http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=iyn:27sj77:1bwy0g,1000000:100000:100000:100000&h=0&p=smr

Thanks again and enjoy the class, have fun.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    edited January 2015
    you arent taking into account CA and that changes things, CA behaviour is different for crits and noncrits and it favors noncrits. In fact above 3200 crit rating str belt becomes better!

For this guide I've always considered CA as a bonus dmg for my non-crit hits, an additional dmg that will make me hit harder when I'm not doing crits (I know how both cases works but still I've been always focused in crits%+crit sev%)

Could you please take the same numbers and include CA for both cases then? No numbers = no facts. :p

I would like to be wrong, that means that I can still made a couple of tweaks to my character and improve the guide.
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited January 2015
    For this guide I've always considered CA as a bonus dmg for my non-crit hits, an additional dmg that will make me hit harder when I'm not doing crits (I know how both cases works but still I've been always focused in crits%+crit sev%)

Could you please take the same numbers and include CA for both cases then? No numbers = no facts. :p

I would like to be wrong, that means that I can still made a couple of tweaks to my character and improve the guide.

You have @bellistor link here, you can play with that.

In dex vs str belt thread that has been here i have used your numbers to do the initial math, but even tho i did triple check it mistakes could have been made so is much easier to just put the numbers in what bellistor did.
    edited January 2015
    You have @bellistor link here, you can play with that.

In dex vs str belt thread that has been here i have used your numbers to do the initial math, but even tho i did triple check it mistakes could have been made so is much easier to just put the numbers in what bellistor did.

I took the multipliers from @bellistor's link and I used them in my calcs, then you came saying that I didn't take CA into consideration, I asked you to do the calcs then and you are telling me to put the numbers in @bellistor's link, uhmmm... :rolleyes:?
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited January 2015
    I took the multipliers from @bellistor's link and I used them in my calcs, then you came saying that I didn't take CA into consideration, I asked you to do the calcs then and you are telling me to put the numbers in @bellistor's link, uhmmm... :rolleyes:?

think we have a bid of communication problem, is nothing major :

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?821881-Dex-vs-STR-%28belt%29

here is some math done with your numbers and explains very well what is the math under Bellistor work. I cant follow all your changes so i am not telling what you did is good or bad, but i do encourage everyone to read all that so they can have a better understanding of things and try to make their own builds instead of blindly copying. There are cases where str belt is better...

You did put crit/noncrit % math so that put me off cause i didnt see the CA there... like i;ve said it is not my intention to discredit your build so i wont start picking it apart to find holes.
    edited January 2015
    Ok ok I see, well thank you very much for your input.
    i do encourage everyone to read all that so they can have a better understanding of things and try to make their own builds instead of blindly copying.

This is the most important thing, like I mentioned in the last paragraph of my guide, it is not a good idea just to copy someone else's guide so what I really try to teach to the players here is mostly the mechanic, then once they have gathered enough knowledge they will be able to create their own style and use their own gear, this is great because there will be always someone with very nice ideas.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Companions

m8efsl.jpg

Laz did you know Intellect devoulver not working i tested it ower 3 hours (ofc epic version ) .
    Blink dog is working.

My test was .
    (OFC mark to have always CA up).
    Used both BD &ID dps increase 5%
    Used ID dps increase 0 %
    Used BD dps increase 5%
    So i think you can have somthing better then ID.

I also try out ACT to have better results but was the same 0 % dps from ID.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited January 2015
    -snip-

Yes, I'm trying to get the Repentant Cultist because it is an interesting option but I really have bad luck.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    equipment: Bladestorm set
    current Stat: STR 26, DEX 19.
    I did a respec to the Weapon Master but didn't realize that it didn't allow me to do re-roll so I was stucked with this starting stat
    STR 20, DEX 13. But, Lazaroth666's guide does make a big difference despite of the low DEX 13 (+6 at level 60). I probably should just create another character with a higher DEX.
    edited April 2015

MOD 6

Hello guys!

Yes, finally lol I will start working again in my guide again. Firstly, thank you very much for your support. Since the last days of Mod5, I've been receiving many PMs, in-game mails, questions in mmominds, even private messages in ARC about the GWF and his future in Mod6, I always said that we needed to wait a bit more but since I was testing things in preview server I noticed that the GWF would be great. I'm very sorry because I haven't post anything regarding to powers, feats, etc there were too many new things and I just couldn't post something that I would probably change in a couple of days. You know me, I'm the kind of person who likes to post info only after I've done several tests so I will be posting my guide very, very soon with new features which I think you will enjoy a lot.

Meanwhile, for your entertainment, a video soloing Battle for Mistral Point: https://youtu.be/26Y9RpLLVLg

The fight by itself is not difficult, most of the damage that you receive won't kill you there but you need to deal a lot of damage if you want to accomplish your goal. The build that I'm going to post is based in High Critical (like the previous module) which is at his best moment so far! It allows to be a real Destroyer for solo play and dungeons, I'm very sure that if you decided to play GWF in this module, you will have a lot of fun.

Stay tuned. :)
    fkze9t.jpg
  • sbc1629sbc1629 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015

MOD 6

Hello guys!

Yes, finally lol I will start working again in my guide again. Firstly, thank you very much for your support. Since the last days of Mod5, I've been receiving many PMs, in-game mails, questions in mmominds, even private messages in ARC about the GWF and his future in Mod6, I always said that we needed to wait a bit more but since I was testing things in preview server I noticed that the GWF would be great. I'm very sorry because I haven't post anything regarding to powers, feats, etc there were too many new things and I just couldn't post something that I would probably change in a couple of days. You know me, I'm the kind of person who likes to post info only after I've done several tests so I will be posting my guide very, very soon with new features which I think you will enjoy a lot.

Meanwhile, for your entertainment, a video soloing Battle for Mistral Point: https://youtu.be/26Y9RpLLVLg

The fight by itself is not difficult, most of the damage that you receive won't kill you there but you need to deal a lot of damage if you want to accomplish your goal. The build that I'm going to post is based in High Critical (like the previous module) which is at his best moment so far! It allows to be a real Destroyer for solo play and dungeons, I'm very sure that if you decided to play GWF in this module, you will have a lot of fun.

Stay tuned. :)

does it work for pvp too?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sbc1629 wrote: »
    does it work for pvp too?

This is a PvE build. This build is not for PvP which needs other adjustments such as regen.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited April 2015
    29arvvm.jpg

Presentation

I've been playing this game for along time, 1 year and 8 months. Almost in every game I've played I have always shared a guide about one or two classes. My favorite class in this game is the Great Weapon Fighter because is the class that I've always wanted to play: It's a very strong warrior, high damage, high critical chance, you really feel like if you are playing some kind of berserker warrior, you get hurt and you get stronger or the more you attack stronger you become, it's awesome.

The class

The Great Weapon Fighter is a class that depends a lot in his equipment and the correct distribution of the stats. You can choose among 3 different paths: Instigator (should be reworked sooner or later) Destroyer (Damage dealer) and Sentinel (Some kind of two-handed sword tank that doesn't really make sense in PvE or in proper words isn't optimal).

When you are playing a GWF, a very important thing is that you have to focus on your mechanics, you have to work a lot for your DPS. Our class features and paragon feats increase a lot our damage but we have to attack. We need: to be fast,to keep the pace of the whole party, to mantain our stacks/buffs as much as possible, to be ready for every fight (specially clearing trash) so if you are a lazy player you won't see good results with your character.

The High Crit build

Previous guides were based in a GWF focused on Power/STR which were very nice, every hit dealt much more damage but had lower critical chance, resulting in a screen full of "strong" yellow hits and sometimes you were able to see some orange hits (critical strikes). The build that I would like to share now is based in a very high critical % chance plus a very high critical severity. Due to the mod6 stats rework, Power and Crit have the same gain 1% for every 400 which makes crit much more desirable than power, therefore, having the highest amount of critical % will be our main goal. The start will be above 51% up to 95% critical chance (including self-buffs). The higher your critical %, crit severity becomes even better.

Race

The optimal choice is the Half-Orc= 2 STR / 2 DEX + 5% Critical Severity, it's perfect. Another good option: Human, less STR but 1% more chance crit (the extra defense is worthless). Metallic Dragonborn which allows you to choose +2 STR /+2 DEX plus a slight boost in Power/Crit.

Starting rolls

18 STR - 18 DEX - 12 CON, including racial +2 STR + 2DEX, then each 10 lvl we will add points to STR-DEX. Low CON means not a very high HP and Armor Penetration but this is not a problem since the new gear comes with a huge pool of HP and the ArPen can be stacked easily.

Paragon: What should I choose Swordmaster or Iron Vanguard?

Once you are level 30, you will have to choose your paragon path for the GWF. The paragons are Swordmaster or Iron Vanguard but which one is better?

Swordmaster is stronger in DPS than Iron Vanguard, thanks to the Weapon Master's Strike and Crescendo. This daily have higher base damage than Indomitable Strike. IV used to be good when we had frontline surge in our encounters tray but it got nerfed + the high CD made it a not very good one. Threatening Rush is a good At-Will, the Mark will grant you 20% more damage to you and 8% to your allies. Good for single target fights but not for clearing trash.

One thing to consider is that Weapon Master's Strike buff our at-wills for 30% damage including itself (after the first hit), when WMS is buffed deals the same damage than Wicked Strike so there's not really difference between these skills, the good part is if you use WMS to buff the other at-wills you will deal higher damage, buffing wicked strike for clearing or buffing Sure Strike for even higher single target damage. Either using Threatening Rush or Weapon Master's Strike in order to boost your At-Wills (20% and 30% respectively) works great but WMS is also an AoE attack + you can also apply mark with Daring Shout which is a very useful encounter, being IV means you are 30% below Swordmaster regarding to the damage of the At-Wills. It is correct that the mark also affects the damage done by every skill, not only at-wills, but these are the main source of our damage not the encounters nor the dailies, that's why I'm more focused in mentioning the effect on them.

Powers

Powers: Click HERE and you will be forwarded to NWCalc.

Most of the powers had to be unlocked as requisite in order to advance to the next level. The Nwcalc doesn't allow me to add 4 points atm but you will absolutely want 4 ranks in the following powers:

Sure Strike
    Weapon Master's Strike

Indomitable Battle Strenght
    Daring Shout
    Hidden Daggers
    Restoring Strike.

Destroyer
    Weapon Master
    (VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Weapon Master is bugged, don't put more than 3 points otherwise it won't work, hopefully it will be solved soon)

Crescendo
    Spinning Strike
    Avalanche ofSteel

For solo playing, single target dmg and running dungeons we are able to use almost always the same powers, it might be important according to the situation that you can switch Spinning Strike for Avalanche of Steel if the group requires more control. AoS used in the right time can be very useful. Daring Shout is great for building determination ASAP + extra damage resistance + apply mark to the enemies which will increase the overall damage of the group but you can also change to Restoring Strike if you feel squishy for extra healing or if you need more stamina for sprinting.

Mechanics

One of the most important things that you have to master when you play with the GWF class: the mechanic, which I refer to the way how you play the character under specific situations. This class is not really easy to play in PvE, pushing 2 or 3 buttons won't make you Top DPS and whoever says the contrary means poor knowledge about the class or clearly bad performance.

• We have very slow At-will powers unless we are in Unstoppable, so we have to use most of our encounters/dailies when we don't have unstoppable ready yet and spam our At-wills as soon as the TAB button is available. Using Indomitable Battle Strike as finisher when there are only 1 or 2 seconds before it's over.

• Always keep an eye in the enemy with lower HP and aim your IBS to him. This encounter will help us to get tons of Action Points if you use it properly. The AP gauge should be always ready everytime you charge against a new pack of mobs.

• Use Weapon Master's Strike properly, it buffs a lot your Sure Strike. Do as follows: Considering that your TAB is ready, press it and inmediately press WMS once then follow up spamming Sure Strike.

• Restoring Strike, don't use it as soon as you can, learn the attacks of your enemies, sometimes we will get hit for a lot of damage and we need to recover our HP to full in less than a second. You receive the damage then strike back with Restoring Strike, full HP again. Remember you are useless as DPSer if you are dead.

• Hidden Daggers, this power buff our damage 40% for 8s, don't spam it. If you want to deal AoE dmg use WMS instead, cast it when the effect is about to end.

• Daring Shout is our opening encounter either for single target situations or surrounded by trash mobs. It will fill the unstoppable bar generously, grant us combat advantage and 20% more damage for us (8% for the team) thanks to the Mark effect. We can keep it easily 100% uptime so try to cast it every time you can.

• If you are playing with a CW (who should be using Arcane Singularity often) prepare to use your Spinning Strike in the exact point where the mob are being gathered. It is better if you use it before they land because they will spread out after that.

• There are many more, remember just don't smash buttons, be smart and you will have success. One single encounter can make a difference for your group and you.

Stats points

• Our main stat will be critical Strike, you will fill every offensive slot with Azure Enchantment.

• Even though, more defense means more power/dmg in our build, if we add azure enchantments to every defensive slot, the extra amount of Power won't make a huge difference (9*700 (azure r12)= 6.300 which 20% is 1260 = 3.15% Damage Bonus) but adding Radiants (HP) is going to be much more important now because it grants us a bit more of survivability AND we will get a higher pool of Temp HP instead of using Power in offensive slots (using radiants in defensive slots gives us around 3 times more Temp HP than using the enchantment in an offensive slot.)

• Our CON is low (14) and we receive only 4% resistance ignored. We will need to get our Armor Penetration up to 5k-5.5k. Just aim for a max of 40% ArPen for clearing trash and up to 60% for fighting harder enemies like bosses.

• Health Points (HP) This will make your experience lvling from lv 60 to 70 a lot easier. Always go first for HP when you start getting items either from quests or drops from mobs, the higher your HP, easier you will find the content.

• Combat Advantage bonus up to 8% = 1000 Stat points (Should be 1 Mythic artifact + First Icewind Dale boon).

• Do not even think about Regen, it's useless for PvE. It's hard to get in the equipment and it doesn't have a good return anyway.

• AoE resist up to 8%: Elemental Fire Sword Knot artifact stat increase + Weathering the Storm (IWD first boon). Just like Combat Advantage up to 1000, depending of the artifact that you choose to play with.

• Power will help you to get more temp HP, it's very nice but don't focus your character in this stat.

• Recovery isn't really necessary. Daring Shout's CD is around 15s while the mark effect lasts for 20s and Hidden Daggers has 3 charges. You will get enough with the gear.

• Life steal between 8% and 10% is enough because we are continuously attacking and we can get our HP back to full only using our At-wills.

• At first look, the character might look squishy but thanks to the dmg bonuses + the HP pool, we can get between 70k and 150k in Temp HP every time we hit TAB.

Summary:

Offensive slots: Azure enchantment.
    Defensive slots: Mainly radiants but azure and brutal are a goodoption.
    Utility slots: Dragon's Hoard or Dark enchantments.

Note: While you are achieving your goal (reaching the maxed stats) you might need to switch some enchantments in order to get the other stats that you need, like more ArPen, meaning Darks instead of Azure in offensive. The most important offensive stat is ArPen, then go for crit.

Gear

• The BIS set is Elemental Elven Ward (Lv. 137). It's going to take a while before you get this one so let's put some kind of progression among the gear that you can get: Once you are lv 61, you can equip your “Eternal” (Lv. 115) gear available in the Tyranny of Dragons store (Go to Well of Dragons and speak to the merchants or simply click in the banner in the top of your screen in order to access through the campaign window). It has very nice stats, specially the HP bonus. If you find a reward item or a dropped item with better stats don't be afraid of switching your gear, focus in the HP and you will be fine. Next, time to grind your Elemental Alliance Asault set (Lv. 132) which is focused in Critical and ArPen, the most important stats for you in this part of the game. You will receive Seals of Elements farming the 1600 i.lvl dungeons. With this currency you can purchase Lv. 130 gear in the Seven Suns market. There is no set bonus that matters now, just pick up your pieces as soon as possible. I strongly recommend to join a guild with good people who can help to run these dungeons. Most players in the LFG are always looking for people with high item lvl for fast runs, you might be either kicked or ignored if you ask them for help. Actually, this is like the most difficult part of the game, being a new lv 70 is hard but if you endure, you will find it easier once you start to increase your character's item lvl.

• Necklace, Belt and Artifact: We will aim for the Lostmauth's artifact set bonus. Lostmauth's Hoard Necklace, Golden Belt of Puissance and Lostmauth's Horn of Blasting respectively. The set bonus “do an additional hit for Weapon Damage on a critical hit”, it's simply perfect for our GWF following this high crit build: +2 STR +2 DEX as stats just like our ability scores, additional hit on crits while we can achieve up to 95% crit and we have the highest weapon damage among the classes. Right now, the bonus is working better than it should, being fair I expect it to be nerfed a lot but even nerfed is going to be the best set for us so don't hesitate to get it (it might become cheaper in the AH once is nerfed, so it's up to you when you decide to get it.)

• Main hand: Elemental Fire Greataxe: boosts our main At-will Sure Strike and grant us extra crit stat. You will get it once you are done with the vigilance quests in Spinward Rise.

• Off-hand: Elemental Fire Sword Knot: Artifact class feature that upgrades our Weapon Master and artifact stat increasing our AoE Resist. You will get it as soon as you hit Lv. 70 from Sgt. Knox.

• Artifacts: After Lostmauth's Horn of Blasting, we still have 3 more artifacts. First, Sigil of the Devoted Cleric, our dailies can deal much more damage than any other artifact (Token of Chromatic Storm hits really hard and have a very nice debuff but the stats aren't great). Lantern of Revelation has very good stats: Critical/ArPen/CA dmg. Kessell's Spheres of Annihilation has similar stats: Power/ArPen/CA but remember that we will focus our character in Crit instead of Power, also lantern is cheaper. Sigil of the Controller (CW Artifact) is the only artifact which comes with Power and Critical so it's a very good choice. The last artifact will depend on your stats, you can go for more crit/arpen/hp/power in that order. In example, if you choose a kessell's spheres artifact, you can switch the Icewind Dale's first boon for AoE resistance while keeping 2 artifacts that will provide enough Combat Advantage.

• Accesories: BIS rings are: Personalized Adamant rings of Recovery with 394 Power / 394 Recovery plus 2 Slots (offensive and defensive). I recommend Major Stamina Regeneration Jewel for the accesories (belt, cloak, rings) except in our augment companion, only Regen jewels works on them in the case you want to use them but the effect will be barely noticeable.

• Necklace: Lostmauth's Hoard Necklace as mentioned before with the extra AP gain granted at Legendary lvl. 4% each 3s is amazing, it will become 50% of our total AP gain during a battle. It's a must to upgrade this artifact to max lvl asap. Cloaks with +8 AC are useless for DPS, it means 4% more damage resistance that won't make any difference.

• Weapon and Armor enchantments: It's a high crit build based in high crit severity so Vorpal is a must for this build. Perfect is more than enough, there's not really point upgrading your vorpal to Pure or Transcendent since the Crit Sev is going to be the same. If you are playing solo, Negation is a very good option but isn't really good for dungeons where Soulforged is much more important.

How important are our At-Wills?

There are many people complaining about how weak are the GWF At-Wills, I disagree. Sure Strike is the core of this build and a GWF played correctly can make a very good use of it, please, take a look to this picture. Using the right mechanic and keeping the buffs/debuffs properly, SS is going to bring higher DPS than other encounters even if they hit a lot harder. by the time when IBS has done a huge crit, SS has already done much more damage. That's why it is necessary to follow the mechanic as I explained, if you do it in the wrong order, you will lose DPS.

Note: I didn't use lostmauth's set bonus so I can keep the picture for longer time in the guide, the bonus set will be eventually nerfed.

116i7q0.jpg
    fkze9t.jpg
    edited April 2015
    How to buff our GWF properly?

1. Start with Daring Shout, this will give you combat advantage and increase the damage of your following attacks.
    2. Hidden Daggers for extra 40% dmg.
    3. Weapon Master's Strike which buffs the damage of your At-will attacks, this allows you to keep your AoE using WMS fully buffed or use SS for full single target dmg.

Companions

• (Augment) Choose an Ioun Stone with 3 offensive slots, so we can add Profane runestones for extra critical (once we get to BiS gear and we have already too much crit, we can switch to Bonding for more Power). You can use Ioun Stone of Radiance if you prefer the extra life steal even being so low. Black Dragon Ioun Dragon Stone is also a good one but in the long term the active bonus won't be useful. It is difficult to get a Radiance but Ioun Stone of Might is almost the same except for the active bonuses.

• Epic Erinyes of Belial 10% Critical Severity, Epic Cambion Magus 10% Critical Severity and Epic Dancing Blade for an extra 5% Crit Sev, this makes 25% crit sev thanks to the companions.

• Finally, Air Archon or Fire Archon are very good options too. Air Archon which bonus activates as soon as your enemy is not at 100% hp and Fire Archon gives you 7% more dmg when your enemy's hp is below 50%.

Note: We only need 1 legendary companion, that honor is for our Ioun Stone, more stats is always good. Legendary lvl doesn't increase our companion's active bonuses.

lcg9x.jpg

Feats/Boons

This part is very simple, Toughness for more HP, Disciple of the Strenght and Endless Assault for more damage, 1 point in Armor Specialization so we can continue to the next tier. Steely Defense because more power is a good thing and finally Devastating Critical with Weapon Mastery which boosts the core of the build.

2dkldzt.jpg

Destroyer feats: Great Weapon Focus with 5 points, we don't longer need that single point that we used to have in Deep Gash. Disciple of War for more Power, Mighty Blade, Executioner's Style increases the damage of IBS and Sure Strike, simply amazing! Focused Destroyer grant us a ton of % dmg bonus and finally the capstone. We will keep using a few feats in Instigator: Student of the Sword for 5% extra damage, Vicious Advantage 5/5 for 5% extra crit + 5% damage. We always have combat advantage so the bonus is always, on plus more crit is better than just a bit more of damage in comparison to Powerful Challenge. Remember you can keep mark in max 5 foes but you can do CA dmg to unlimited number of enemies. The last 5 points is what will make this build very interesting. 1 single point in Flanking Maneuvers, this is going to work like a small CC effect interrupting your enemies thanks to Weapon Master's Strike which secondary attack comes from behind and since we will have close to 100% crit chance, it's going to happen very often. This is very useful for the group while we are running dungeons and soloing, the fact that you can deal a ton of dmg plus some CC makes you a very important piece in any group. The last 4 points goes to Staying Power, this will boost a bit the damage of Hidden Daggers since we have to cast it continously and specially our finisher IBS.

mwqfj7.jpg

Very important: I didn't take the ArPen boons because it would take me above 60% ArPen which is useless for me but you can safely invest the points there if you haven't reach the cap yet, I recommend you to take them. Later, you can change them once you have enough stats.
    New feature: Foundry guide!

If you don't want to spend time in the forum just reading the guide and then go back to the game and check everything again, now you can do it directly in the game!

Title: Guide Lazalia's High Crit Build.
    Code: NW-DGVASX7Z4

The quest will start in Tower District (Sorry, I'm a Half-Orc lol) please don't forget to rate 5 stars and tip 500, I need the AD.

If you want to see the build in action, I kindly ask you to visit my Youtube Channel where I have a playlist with several videos, please suscribe and share!

mrd649.jpg

Finally, my actual stats are:
    18.560 power = 47% bonus dmg.
    58.4% ArPen (I will fix it once I'm done with the Lv 137 set)
    92.2% constant critical chance (Weapon Mastery+Offhand+Vicious Advantage+Superior Elixir ofAccuracy+Squash Soup.)
    175% Critical Severity.
    9.8% life steal.

It is not a very cheap build and this can take long time to accomplish but I really love the results, the GWF is in a good place. Remember one more thing, instead of complaining about everything think that you have to work with what you have and try to get the best possible result. Test everything by yourself and don't forget that this is only a guide, a few steps that will help you to develop your character. Once you gather enough knowledge, you will be able to create a style that will fit better the way you play.

If you find any mistake, please feel free to send me a message, english isn't my main language and there must be some sentences poorly redacted, your help will be greatly appreciated.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you all the effort you have put into this guide :)

A few things i'd like to point out and some questions.

-Under powers you have Indomitable Strength listed as a daily instead of what I assume you mean have as Crescendo.
    -Recovery does reduce the cooldown on Hidden Daggers. I tested this by stacking 4k recovery on preview. the tooltip is bugged and does not show the reduced cooldown but when you use the skill the cooldown starts at 10 seconds instead of 12. The same thing happens with Threatening Rush and Punishing Charge so I think this is just a display bug issues on charge based skills for GWF.

Could you explain your choice to go with AoE resist over AP gain as your Off hand bonus? The AP gain between the 400 extra from jewelry (instead of stam gain) and the 400 from the OH gets you to 8% extra AP gained, which seems quite significant. This is in comparison to the AoE resist where you have to avoid most AoE attacks (assuming AoE is a red telegraphed attack) because they will one shot you.

Also, do you have a preference for what glyphs to use or is this another choice we should make on our own in order patch up the stats we are missing, ie using black glyphs for more crit or red glyphs to gain more armor pen.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi, thanks for the guide, I used exactly the same feats, only I put one point to deep gash. Dont't you build destroyer passive and capstone stacks faster with it?
    -Also, have you tried Wheel elements artifact? It seems to add a good damage for my HR, I'm thinking to change my Devoted artifact for it.
    - Other rank 4 powers work for GWF? I did not put point into 4th rank, because so many powers dont work. I know about WM bug. Destroyer +3 damage per stack works fine?
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • rolandfediucrolandfediuc Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    blazious11 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the guide, I used exactly the same feats, only I put one point to deep gash. Dont't you build destroyer passive and capstone stacks faster with it?
    -Also, have you tried Wheel elements artifact? It seems to add a good damage for my HR, I'm thinking to change my Devoted artifact for it.
    - Other rank 4 powers work for GWF? I did not put point into 4th rank, because so many powers dont work. I know about WM bug. Destroyer +3 damage per stack works fine?

Destro +3 seems bugged....but i'm not sure 100%
    WM ... no stacks... and i spent 4 points in it...

Next ---> gwf's wont be able to equip any weapons :))
    edited April 2015
    scathias wrote: »
    -snip-

Hi, scathias, thank you for passing by!

Meh, I hate when I have an error like that, ofc is Crescendo, thanks lol

I didn't really have the need to test hidden dagger's cooldown because the 3 charges are more than enough to keep the buff with 100% uptime and we don't need the recovery as well, if our encounters are on CD no problem we have the best at-wills in game imo (dps wise). However, we will get a lot more of Recovery once we get the lv 137. set and the cd reduction should be noticeable, thank you for pointing out this information.

Regarding to the AP gain, I explained a bit in my guide for SW how it actually works:

"...In our encounter feats, we have Energizing Curse after 5 points invested we will gain 30% more AP when attacking cursed targets with our At-Wills sounds great but unfortunately it isnt, consider that our AP gauge counts up to 1000 points, each one of our At-Wills will add in average 15 points to that gauge, 15+30% = 19.5%, so as you can see, it's barely noticeable, just like AP gain stat, works in the same way: i.e Warlock's Bargain, Killing Flames and Dreadtheft adds each one of them 75 points to the AP gauge which is 7.5%, if you have an extra 7% AP gain means 75+7%= 80.25% so if we try to fill our AP gauge with 75 points per encounter, it would take us 13.3 encounters, if we add 7% AP gain, it would take 12.46, not even 1 less. You can use AP gain as dump stat but never focus your character on it."

I like the AoE resist because once you know most of the attacks done by your enemies, you know which attack will kill you as well so the less you have to avoid the damage, more time you will spend doing DPS. The temp HP is so good that I'm surviving hits between 200k-250k very often. (No, our tank doesn't get killed lol)

Great question about the glyphs, thanks for the reminder. We have to use 1 Black and 1 Red.
    blazious11 wrote: »
    -snip-

Hi, blazious11, thanks for checking the guide.

We had to build stacks really fast in the previous mods because the mobs died in 0.0001s, now they are stronger so that's not longer necessary. Also, the extra 2% dmg in the at-wills (since is 5/5 now) is noticeable since they are our main source of damage.

Regarding to the Wheel, yes, I have this artifact in mythic lvl. The damage bonus is very nice but I REALLY hate that is so random, you can't use it in the middle of the fight because you are in melee range and someone else might take it, sometimes you will automatically receive a buff (this must be a bug). This artifact is more for PvP I think because every bonus will grant you a good effect but for PvE nah. Anyway, checking with ACT, it is like 5% of my total dmg.

The other rank 4 powers are working fine, haven't had any issue with them in r4.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Though me and GWFs do not go along so well, I was intrigued by the 18k power, 18k crit choice,
    I assume that without the gear at all you have around 46% crit chance (92% - 18000/400) so with that you get around:
    http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=maximize+%281+%2B+x%2F40000%29%28%280.46%2By%2F40000%29*%281%2B1.75%29%2B+%281-+%280.46%2By%2F40000%29%29%29+on+x%2By%3D36000

18.7k, 17.3k maximized.

For people with the same rotation but lower crit severity (135% - vorpal + a bit from something )
    you will get optimal at 22k power and 14k crit (same total of 36)

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=maximize+%281+%2B+x%2F40000%29%28%280.46%2By%2F40000%29*%281%2B1.35%29%2B+%281-+%280.46%2By%2F40000%29%29%29+on+x%2By%3D36000

(I checked for myself, but though maybe i'll share because it is easy to change the numbers there and check various options)
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Laz can y upload a VID doing T2 or Esot?
    W/O exploits no infinite daly HR bug.
    With tank but w/o GF KV protection i want to see how you perform .

Thnx...
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thx for the input, i come from destroyer IV not muc equip but enough to go Kessel
    using my free respec I was not sure where to go ...destroyer for sure, but also wanted to do PVP
    but reading about the better damage compared to IV I was curious about this build.
    there are two viable pathes 15 poits in sentinel (the tanky way- other thread) or 15 points in instigator
    and...I went Instigator
    even my crit is only at at 34% (GS 2000), when using weapon mastery on top its a huge, huge, very huge difference in damage compared to IV
    WMS is crazy .... since i took 5 points in flanking manneuvers mobs are cc´d very frequently, so i can deal damage and don´t get hurt that much, the more crit I take the better it goes and the better I can deal with trash mobs
    on top the damage is insane, can´t say if WMS tooltip is exact (what about the mentioned attack from the back), since i feel like doing double the damage, not even slotted destroyer feat
    PVP I did only one match yesterday flurry stun - restoring strike - IBS + cresendo stun + WMS mass stun
    when i go unstoppable and spam WMS player arround me can´t fight back effectivly, every crit getting stunned...first impression--> better than destroyer, more damage and good cc
    flurry and crescendo is very effective against PALA/GF, can´t say why

Thx a lot for the build and sharing your ideas and work with the community
  • john718john718 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you may can you still post your Mod 5 build for Xbox players please? I been following your build since I started on Xbox one got very good high ctri build because of you ;D!
    edited May 2015
    john718 wrote: »
    If you may can you still post your Mod 5 build for Xbox players please? I been following your build since I started on Xbox one got very good high ctri build because of you ;D!

Hey :d

You can find it here: http://neverwinterbuilds.blogspot.com/2014/11/lazalias-high-crit-build-for-pve-gwf.html
    fkze9t.jpg
  • rolandfediucrolandfediuc Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I know its not a pvp build but i feel the need to ask... is it worh even playing GWF in pvp anymore ? at 2.6k GS i cannot kil anything and i die in 10 seconds... its not about wm not stacking, or anything like that....its just that i feel that GWF doest have any dmg output and no armor in pvp.
This discussion has been closed.