test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch NotesNW.45.20150217a.2

Comments

• Options
    realmdierealmdie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    voltomey wrote: »
    No no no 1 puppets is good enough we dont need puppet armys like that lags fest we had in pvp at launch and in some maps were puppets never despawned after leaving the area. Damnation warlocks are a solo build any way and i use the tree tbh why cuase i find it personally fun but that's just me.

i dont think 3-5 puppet will causing lagg like at launch(its unlimited puppet over 10 spawned), and they already fixed that SP bug when we change map loongg time ago. solo build for what? pve? i dont think so.. u cant survive from garakas/lostmauth, pvp? i dont think so, u'll get trolled by TRs.. maybe u mean solo build for dailies? lol its fun..
    ahh i mean its funny :p
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Intimidation is nerfed to the ground (and yes, I've tested it). 125% weapon damage is as much as Not So Fast (lvl 2 or 3 encounter) and half the damage of one Hidden Daggers charge. Intimidation needed to change into weapon damage but this is madness. It should be 250% weapon damage, not a measly 125%.

While Sentinel GWF is a tank spec, let's not forget that damage is all he can provide apart from some sub-tanking. No party utility, unlike GF and Paladin that excel at it. Moreover, GWF's base damage is already 50%~100%+ lower than that of Instigator's or Destroyer's. Why was Intimidation overnerfed here I have no clue...
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    realmdie wrote: »
    omg what is this?

SW really weak at pvp and now nerfed at pve too??
    that's not class balance at all, it's destroying a sw class!

if u want nerfed SW's damage, u should give SW "immunity CC power" in return so sw can be useful at pvp too.
    don't nerf without compensation like this, it's making all SW user angry.!

even more, soul desecration on damnation feat now can't summon more than 1 puppet. is that intentional from the dev or bugged?
    it says :

if this is intentional from the dev, it's really unbalanced to SW class. you should give max summon. 3,4 or 5 puppet than nerfing to only 1 puppet.

here example if you compare to other class
    skull cracker on TR scoundrel

TRs got perma daze(CC target) and buff damage like that on mod 5, but what SW get since launched? ONLY nerf nerf nerf to damage, but no compensate to that nerf like giving out CC immunity or CC target..

so please consider about compensate the damage you nerfed.
    thx

Have you ever played a SW? Damnation has always summoned one single soul puppet (except for the first few weeks when it was a bug and they kept summoning infinite puppets). However, instead of summoning a new puppet,y our one puppet gets buffed up to 5 times, so that's what the capstone is referring to.
    I've always been a Damnation SW and I still am one, respecter to Soulbinder and it's a lot of fun, but SWs as a whole are lacking a great deal in order to be on par with other DPS classes. Hell, I melt things faster and easier on my Righteous DC.
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    stretch611 wrote: »
    I was looking at the new mythic artifacts. It seems that the cooldown on the active power for all artifacts is 60seconds at mythic level. (From 120s at legendary.)

There is one exception... the Sigil of the Devoted shows a 120s cooldown even at Mythic level. Is this an oversight or intentional?

OP DC artifact would needed a nerf not a buff!
    This will totally change daily to an encounter.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    What?

Whats wrong with that?

Don't you want mi CW in HV chain casting Oppressive Force and Ice Knife?

Thats nothing. Imagine infinite TT...
    Even with the recent balance.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    realmdie wrote: »
    so please consider about compensate the damage you nerfed.

Why? TT was imbalanced and broken since launch.

Even after the first fix TT was clearly doing wrongly calculated damage by Lol 2 bosses(not 50% ditribution but much more). It was now fixed somewhat.

From the DC artifact upgrade SW is milking the most so TT overall damage could be even higher.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    OP DC artifact would needed a nerf not a buff!
    This will totally change daily to an encounter.

No. No. NO.

A few of us don't PvP -- EVER. Equipment should never be nerfed just for PvP purposes.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    No. No. NO.

A few of us don't PvP -- EVER. Equipment should never be nerfed just for PvP purposes.

Who says it's just for PvP? When a daily becomes an encounter, there's a problem.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Slaad enemies will be invisible murder machines that cannot be killed. They appear in several zones later areas. You have been warned.

Hehe, this is the most interesting part of mod 6 yet, I think I like it :P
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the Update Panderus.

But we still need more buyable passive companionslots!
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    alewarrior99alewarrior99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    [*]Great Weapon Fighter
    • intimidation feat: This feat now deals 25/50/75/100/125% of your weapon damage (instead of scaling on your power). This damage is amplified by power. Intimidated targets now take 100/200/300/400/500% more threat from you (up from 10/20/30/40/50%).

bad bad bad ... ... ...
  • Options
    darylhazdarylhaz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    [*]Scourge Warlock
    [*][*]Creeping Death: Now causes 60% of your necrotic damage over 4 seconds (down from 100%).

It says that it causes 60% damage over 4 seconds, but is doing 60% over 8 seconds. This needs to be adressed.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All zones are now available for testing, Reclamation Rock, Fiery Pit and Spinward Rise!

[BUG] When I try to enter it loads then kicks me back to PE.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Since it's been made quite evident on preview that the rank of enchants dropped in higher level areas has been increased, and that new coffers with higher level RP drops are being introduced, I highly doubt that "nothing" has been done. As I've said repeatedly, it's not a cure all. It still does nothing for artifact gear. But it's a step in the right direction if non-gear artifacts are a focal point for mod 6.

They took a very small step forward after taking several big steps back.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    No. No. NO.

Oh trust me, I'd love for artifacts, boring dailies, artifact equipment and all those junk to just be PVE-exclusive and just have black ice gear and pvp rings for PVP. But that's not the game we're getting.
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Gone are the days in Neverwinter were my GF Was a knock lock king and PvP was fun and Invigorating and all people complained about were vorple tene enchantments and soul forge
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    realmdierealmdie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cococya wrote: »
    Have you ever played a SW? Damnation has always summoned one single soul puppet (except for the first few weeks when it was a bug and they kept summoning infinite puppets). However, instead of summoning a new puppet,y our one puppet gets buffed up to 5 times, so that's what the capstone is referring to.
    I've always been a Damnation SW and I still am one, respecter to Soulbinder and it's a lot of fun, but SWs as a whole are lacking a great deal in order to be on par with other DPS classes. Hell, I melt things faster and easier on my Righteous DC.

my main is SW fury.. i never respect to damnation till two days ago.. and when i respect to that omg really useless either pve or pvp.. in pve the damage from SP really weak and have asdp same as companion, in pvp SP become idle/confused when a TR in stealth get near to SP.. where's the fun u talking about if it's like that?

Why? TT was imbalanced and broken since launch.

TT was clearly doing wrongly calculated damage by Lol 2 bosses. It was now fixed somewhat.

From the DC artifact upgrade SW is milking the most so TT overall damage could be even higher.

TT is broken only a week after launch, and then they fixed it, if wrongly calculated just try solo that two bosses and record to your ACT.. and then compare it when u got a GF/gwf's mark..
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Classes and Balance

[*]Great Weapon Fighter
    • Intimidation Feat: This feat now deals 25/50/75/100/125% of your weapon damage (instead of scaling on your power). This damage is amplified by power. Intimidated targets now take 100/200/300/400/500% more threat from you (up from 10/20/30/40/50%).

Hi,

any particular reason for this huge senti nerf?

• Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    spideymt wrote: »
    Hi,

any particular reason for this huge senti nerf?

That's a buff. Sentinels are tanks, and they're finally giving us the tools to do our job.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    That's a buff. Sentinels are tanks, and they're finally giving us the tools to do our job.

Sentinels are not tanks. Just because some threat generation was given to them doesn't make them into full fledged tanks. They phave no party utility, their survivability is rather poor and it's dangerous getting near GWFs as his survivability depends a lot on sprint.

That in mind they should at least deal some damage to compensate. But 125% weapon damage for intimidation is way off the mark. The fact that they do half the base damage of Destroyers that already deal the lowest damage out of all strikers is not encouraging either.

Intimidation should deal 250% weapon damage and Sentinel survivability needs a boost, maybe some minor party utility too. That or no deal.
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    • Hunter Ranger
      • Plant Growth: This power is now a Sphere centered on the Ranger instead of a Radiation splat centered on the target. The damage from this power will no longer break its own root.

The rework is disappointing. No longer stuns, tested all day on saturday and it fails to do anything really both in pve and pvp. The original effect was perfect but needed a faster response from the time you press the encounter to the animation showing up. It was fine the way it was.

GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    leslithegreatleslithegreat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone else notice the level 70 artifact offhand available from the ToD merchant for 15 Linu's Favors? It's exactly the same buffs as current offhand just substantially more powerful. I really hope that level 70 won't mean a that it is time to trash our legendaries, epics, and all of the artifact equipment we currently have for gear that is exactly the same but with raised stats. Many players in the community have already grinded out (or in some cases paid for) legendary artifact equipment, spent months on each piece; we have already done this grind, if you insist on giving us a grind please at least make it a different one. With this scheduled to go live even Adventure Quest is looking pretty good in comparison.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    stah01 wrote: »
    The rework is disappointing. No longer stuns, tested all day on saturday and it fails to do anything really both in pve and pvp. The original effect was perfect but needed a faster response from the time you press the encounter to the animation showing up. It was fine the way it was.

What the power requires you to get into harms way? What rational sense is that!?
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Well...i didnt play the senti gwf as a tank. It was ( is till mod 6 starts) a really good DPS class. Now you can choose beetween a "usual but not good" tank feat and a "its ok but still not good" single dps feat. Why is asked is really simple. Paladin comes, so we got a secound tank class. Why nerf the intimadation build? No singus from CWs anymore after nerf. Every CW uses opression. It doesnt bothered me, cuzz i got me "come and get me". Now? Do i really need run from 1 mob to another to make some dps? Thats a nerf to bring back the GWF to module 4. And ofc...unstoppable isnt pushed. Nice if you level alone and try ( no CCs..not at all) to kill some grps.
    And with GF/Pala..do we need a 3rd class as tank? I dont think so. Intimidation was a really good build to do some good aoe dps. Now? Every TR makes more single than an gwf. Every other class makes mor aoe dps or cc. So wot is the particular reason to make gwfs useless?

• Options
    umt1982umt1982 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Reclamation rock, Fiery Pit and Spinward Rise are there but not obtainable. It boots you back to PE.
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone else notice the level 70 artifact offhand available from the ToD merchant for 15 Linu's Favors? It's exactly the same buffs as current offhand just substantially more powerful. I really hope that level 70 won't mean a that it is time to trash our legendaries, epics, and all of the artifact equipment we currently have for gear that is exactly the same but with raised stats. Many players in the community have already grinded out (or in some cases paid for) legendary artifact equipment, spent months on each piece; we have already done this grind, if you insist on giving us a grind please at least make it a different one. With this scheduled to go live even Adventure Quest is looking pretty good in comparison.

More info here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?850271-New-lvl-70-artifact-main-hand-offhand-confirmed-yippeee .
    It doesn't look good.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    umt1982 wrote: »
    Reclamation rock, Fiery Pit and Spinward Rise are there but not obtainable. It boots you back to PE.

Several of us have posted this - has anyone successfully entered any of the new areas? Buehlar?
    I aim to misbehave
This discussion has been closed.