test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request for texture planes

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Foundry
I'd love to see some 50x50, 100x100 and 500x500 planes with grass, snow and dirt textures.
This shouldn't be too hard to make at all, and would help us a lot in creating more custom maps, places that actually feel different from the rest.
Maybe add some more textures like pavement, cobblestone, floor tiles, etc.
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was working on a quest the other day, tiling together 20x40 floor tiles to make my larger rooms, and wishing for that very thing.
    Standard sized tiles (with the anchor in the same place on identically sized ones so they actually tile with each other) for all current floor textures would be great. I'd love to be able to lay down a large base underlay texture for my most common floor on the map, overlaying other patterns as needed where needed.

10x10, 10x20, 20x20, 20x40, 40x80, 50x50, 100x100, 200x200, 500x500, and 1000x1000 would be perfect.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes! I'd love to have these. It shouldn't be too hard to implement either I'd think, and would help a lot with my quests.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Yes please! I'd love some cobblestones, and giving us some flat textures of grounds would at least give us some basic tools to give the illusion of terraforming. We'd at least be able to make some flat areas & slopes; & level out the ground below the towns we are building.

This would also really help us to keep some detail budgets down, since they've pretty much established that budget cost is tied more to the different textures used, than the size. There are some REALLY BIG details that only cost 1, and some much smaller (but more complicated) ones that cost 3. Larger textures usable as floors
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Absolutely. We already have "ice plane" why not others.

Although, if you want something like cobblestones, you could always turn a PE castle wall on it's side -- it's got a brick like feeling.

Also, there is giant grassy cliff(?) that is huge, turned on it's sides you can get a pretty flat, rock like area, and on the other a rough bumpy rock like area.

Some of the "grassy" tiles are pretty large as well.