test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pvp: any tactics against mod5 changes (TR,DC)?

2»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's probably unwise to look at join dates as an indicator of longevity on a forum where accounts get banned over being outspoken a few too many times.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    The Michael Jordans of the PVP TR playerbase have all left the game years ago.

At this point, I'm pretty much just asking him to showcase his theory on a TR that has a brain.

...which I must point out the term itself being very self-serving and unfair to anyone who would suggest something in the area of general tactics and gameplay. Just how do you define a "someone with a brain"?

At this rate, anyone could bring up something that might be mildly successful or useful as a general technique or a tip -- which is then subsequently and utterly crushed with negativity in the forums from people demanding that they prove it under very vague and unfair standards.

Of course, having played games for a long time I do understand how sometimes 'less learned' people come up with crazy and wild ideas that seems just bonkers, but I must confess I've seen my share of 'veterans' sometimes being equally stubborn and rigid in terms of what works or not -- and often put people through hell for commenting something that goes against the general 'doctrine' when it comes to PvP.

At the least, I've seen enough interesting ideas or suggestions presented with videos, that seem to have merit, but then simply cast aside by someone commenting "will never work in premades" -- which is kinda sad since its not just a handful of people who enjoy pvp.
  • grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's probably unwise to look at join dates as an indicator of longevity on a forum where accounts get banned over being outspoken a few too many times.

... or banned after asking for an official name change due to an inappropriate name. Good that old rusty men still care for this game they have no clue about.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    At this rate, anyone could bring up something that might be mildly successful or useful as a general technique or a tip -- which is then subsequently and utterly crushed with negativity in the forums from people demanding that they prove it under very vague and unfair standards.

Ah... you are making a mistake there. You are assuming that tactic is viable in the first place when they've been doing it to unskilled and inexperienced players who happen to be playing the flavor of the mod class.
    At the least, I've seen enough interesting ideas or suggestions presented with videos, that seem to have merit

Where are these videos? I want to see the TRs being faced.

Remember, fighting unskilled TRs with a tactic/strategy you are trying to push isn't revolutionizing CW PVP, rather, it is creating a strawman argument.
  • jackedbrahjackedbrah Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    you seem to talk a lot rashy, who in the world are you? what's your in-game name and handle?

have you done a single premade in your life? to me it's obvious that you haven't. And just a pretender/fanboy.

you will get there one day

incase you ask me the same question: ive been premading since you were 8K GS.

dang you talk a lot for a pug man.
    Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

Main alts: Great Weapon Fighter, Control Wizard.
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Remember, fighting unskilled TRs with a tactic/strategy you are trying to push isn't revolutionizing CW PVP, rather, it is creating a strawman argument.

The point would be that there isn't a single-solution to facing TRs or DCs or any other classes a player might have trouble with. People like to just pile it up on a single premise that its every CW against every TR and hence, there might be a one, big, single solution that does it all -- except I don't see that happening, ever.

What works in a certain skill level at a certain situation might not work in a different setting and vice versa, but I do not believe that makes any of them any more true or false. Different levels require different solutions. Simple as that, IMO.
    edited February 2015
    The point would be that there isn't a single-solution to facing TRs or DCs or any other classes a player might have trouble with. People like to just pile it up on a single premise that its every CW against every TR and hence, there might be a one, big, single solution that does it all -- except I don't see that happening, ever.

What works in a certain skill level at a certain situation might not work in a different setting and vice versa, but I do not believe that makes any of them any more true or false. Different levels require different solutions. Simple as that, IMO.

There isn't a good solution because the matchup itself is unfair and imbalanced. That I agree with. I guess we can just chalk it up to having an imperfect solution to an unsolvable problem.
    jackedbrah wrote: »

dang you talk a lot for a pug man.

So do you. Quite the mouthful of a statement you posted there for a pug like yourself.
    edited February 2015

So do you. Quite the mouthful of a statement you posted there for a pug like yourself.

hahahahaha me a pug hahahaha

dodge my question huh? what's your in-game name?

I'm in one of the two guilds you worship. gimme your ingame name and I'll add you and then I'll bring you in a premade for laughs and just see how miserable you will do you forum warrior.

but hey, being the forum warrior you are, you will dodge that challenge AGAIN and just reply with a generic, predictable statement.
    Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

edited February 2015

I'm in one of the two guilds you worship. gimme your ingame name and I'll add you and then I'll bring you in a premade for laughs and just see how miserable you will do you forum warrior.

Funny how you won't list your IGN and no, I don't worship any guilds unfortunately. Especially not in a game with lack of competition and lack of guild integration to 20vs20 wars, land grabs etc.
    edited February 2015
    I don't worship any guilds unfortunately.

don't make me posts links.

frozzst can also confirm how brown your tongue/nose is.
    Elitist dooshbag

edited February 2015
    don't make me posts links.

Post links of me stating facts on which guilds excel in PVP? Go right ahead. I know I'm objective enough to concede compliments to those who earned it. Doesn't matter whether i like them or not.

However, who are you that is hiding in one of these "top pvp guilds". I wouldn't be surprised to see if you are merely a background player who was able to join because you had rank 9s.

And after bragging about being in the "top pvp guild", I'll be sure to save the paragraph above to quote it again when you do finally decide to give proof and reveal who you are in that guild. (just in case)