test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help for my cw

berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Library
Hello all, I need advice about my cw. I want a dps character in pve. I want to hit hard. I don't do pvp. Can you help me which stats to improve and which stats of my are suplus? Especially I want to hit hard on dragons and those adds in Tiamat.

CW - SPELLSTORM MAGE - MALE THIEFLING

Companion: Black Dragon Ioun Stone (newly bought so has no much effect now)
Weapon Enchant: Vorpal
Armor Enchant: Lesser soulforged
Other enchants: All level 7

My Stats:

9VgMk9.png

q4j673.png

M6oNq6.png

QRvDbA.png
Post edited by berhudarol on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Gear is one thing. Spec and powers plays a big role, too. Here's a guide I put together for Spellstorm Renegades, which sounds like what you're looking for. It's all about the damage, while still bringing great control and outstanding group buffs.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?819531-Spellstorm-Renegade-Guide-Death-is-the-Best-Crowd-Control

But stat-wise, I would drop about 1000-1500 crit, and 500-600 armor penetration and add more power to your mix. I'm going to assume right now you're wearing something like the Draconic Templar gear?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Gear is one thing. Spec and powers plays a big role, too. Here's a guide I put together for Spellstorm Renegades, which sounds like what you're looking for. It's all about the damage, while still bringing great control and outstanding group buffs.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?819531-Spellstorm-Renegade-Guide-Death-is-the-Best-Crowd-Control

But stat-wise, I would drop about 1000-1500 crit, and 500-600 armor penetration and add more power to your mix. I'm going to assume right now you're wearing something like the Draconic Templar gear?

Yes I am wearing Draconic Templar gear. I have other sets too. Also my artifact equipments are all blue.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ironzerg is right on here. You're overstacked on Crit and Armor penetration. Power is king. The more of it you have the better off you are.

I run around with 11k power, 3.2k crit, 2.5k Armor Penetration.

Also, If you're truly looking to maximize DPS do the following:

-wear High Vizier armor
    -use the right rotation of spells (I prefer Steal Time, CoI (tabbed), Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm. Usually in that order, but not always)
    -use Storm Spell as one passive and either Chilling Presence or Eye of the Storm as the other passive
    -Get DPS boosting companions (Epic Wild Hunt Rider, Epic Erinyes of Belial, Epic Blink Dog, and Galeb Dhur are my preference)
    -Get a DC artifact, level it up, then use it frequently to spam Oppressive Force.
    -Upgrade your enchantment to Perfect Vorpal

Then you'll run around squishing enemies like grapes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yep. And when you switch to HV, you'll probably need those level 20 JC rings for you and your augment to help add more armor penetration back to the mix.

Another alternative is to wear the regular Draconic Armor. The Templar version is way overstacked on Armor Pen, and the 4 piece set bonus is pretty trashy. At least the 4 piece on the Draconic Armor works as advertised and is a nice buff for the group.

But ultimately, you want to gear up around the HV set, if you're trying to be the most "blow it uppest" of them all.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Also of note, if your just watching paingiver, your not seeing the whole picture.
    HV won't necessarily move you up on the paingiver list, but it will up your dps drastically & that of your teammates.
    Blink Dog won't likely move you up on the paingiver list, but it generates great damage against the tough mobs that matter. (due to trash kills not necessarily having CA when they die so fast)
    Personally I think Renegade is hands down the top dps tree right now, but Thaum is very close when its in a team with a Renegade (due to rene group buffs).
    Like said above, power is your friend, and the current diminishing returns for crit make it expensive to stack. Armor pen caps out at 24% for PVE, and you should be fine at 22%. Any crit you can get from Charisma is a great benefit, and you can up your stats by 2 with fire buff & heroic potions if needed.

Also, lifesteal is amazing on a CW, but no idea how good it will be with Mod 6.
    Also, Also, I would suggest trying to get your recovery to 3000. If your very selective in your encounter use then it could be a low priority, but recharge reductions add up to significant dps increases.

And another thought, you will always want to use COI & Icy Terrain at all times for storm spell procs (even single target).
    edited February 2015
    I switched to HV set but my stats and gs dopped much. Going to try with this set.

Also which powers are best during dragon fights?
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    berhudarol wrote: »
    I switched to HV set but my stats and gs dopped much. Going to try with this set.

You will still do more DPS in the long-run because of HV's set bonus
    abaddon523 wrote: »

I run around with 11k power, 3.2k crit, 2.5k Armor Penetration.

Sounds about right
    edited February 2015
    Your stats and GS drop. No doubt.

But 1 High Vizier stack on an enemy means they take 10% more damage from all sources. 2 means 20% more. 3 is 30% more. It caps at 30%.

Icy Terrain applies 1 stack to all enemies it hits.
    Entangling Force applies 1 stack.
    Chill Strike adds 2 stacks, 3 if on tab.
    Shard of the Endless Avalanche applies 1 stack.
    Steal Time applies 3 stacks instantly - which also serves as a 30% damage buff for Steal time.

Basically, start an encounter out with Steal Time and enemies will melt shortly thereafter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Regarding powers to use on the dragon fights:
    My personal preference for single target dragon fights in COI, IcyTerrain, StealTime, ROE, IceKnife.
    If your SS Renegade StormSpell & Chilling Presence or StormSpell & EoTS as Thaum for the class abilities.
    edited February 2015
    I prefer to use Chill Strike instead of Icy Terrain on dragons. I found if I use IT in dragon fights, I spend way too much time trying to get close enough to drop it, and then dodge red. With ST as my shortest ranged spell, I can generally stand one step outside of their wing clap and DPS away with minimal movement, which I think is a net increase in DPS for me.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2015

But stat-wise, I would drop about 1000-1500 crit, and 500-600 armor penetration and add more power to your mix.

Will this still be true in Mod 6?
    edited February 2015
    Stats are going to change for Module 6. Things are still up in the air, but I'll update my guide once we get more solid information.

Right now, I'm hesitant to really theory craft anything out until I see what's actually going to go Live.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stats are going to change for Module 6. Things are still up in the air, but I'll update my guide once we get more solid information.

Right now, I'm hesitant to really theory craft anything out until I see what's actually going to go Live.

Yeah. Same here even if I'm not good at writting guide.
    edited February 2015
    Honesty, it takes a great community to write a guide...Everything I know about CWs I learned here and by playing, so I'm looking forward to some good discussions on stuff as we get closer to Mod 6 going live.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A goos things to do would be an equivalent of the Grimah compendium.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've been considering writing a guide for mod 6, once I find out what's going to live, as it's all up in the air as of right now. Shame that it seems like chemboy quit, He was one of the only CWs who wrote a guide that was actually accurate
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited February 2015
    Some of my friends say terror enchantment is better than vorpal for your cw. Is that true? (standart ones)
    edited February 2015
    berhudarol wrote: »
    Some of my friends say terror enchantment is better than vorpal for your cw. Is that true? (standart ones)

No, it's not.

The damage inflicted by the terror enchantment is minimal. It will be 1-2% of your outgoing DPS. Additionally, Terror Enchantment provides up to a 4% debuff on enemies. It has a short duration. That is very much inferior to Plague Fire, which provides 9% debuff (or 18% if you know how to do it right). It is also very much inferior to a Perfect Vorpal which can be a 15-20% DPS boost.

Ideally, group composition will dictate which enchantments are used--where low DPS classes have Greater Plague Fire and Terror Enchantments and the DPS classes have Perfect Vorpals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]