test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lair of the mad demon frame rate issues

giantsirslayergiantsirslayer Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
I ran it a couple times last night and my first attempt wasn't all that smooth. There were times when i thought my x1 had frozen up on me. The party i was in didnt use any aoe spells to bog down the frame rate. I was talking to the party afterward and they all said the same thing that they thought there x1 was gonna crash. MY second attempt the frame rate was still way behind but there was some times the frames would drop so far that when it finnaly caught up i was dead lol. I just wanted to share this info with you guys. Thanks for the awesome game.
Post edited by giantsirslayer on

Comments

• shiftie47shiftie47 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Out of all the time I spent playing the beta (I think I made it to around lvl30~), this was my #1 issue. I didn't even notice it until either I started dungeons, or until the start of the weekend.. both happened around the same time, but I know for sure I didn't have any lockups or stuttering until around Friday. Then every dungeon/skirmish and a good chunk of the time spent in Neverwinter just running around the shops caused some serious issues. It LOOKED like frame drops. The game would flat out stop at a single frame but I could still move and cast stuff ok, I just had no idea what was going on. Thankfully, it didn't make the game unplayable, just more difficult to really do anything in (and thank god for the free real money potion items keeping me alive), but I'd imagine that would have quickly changed come end game when things get more serious.

I guess I would take that over constant rubber banding brought on by server lag, I know I heard people complaining of that in game, though I never experienced it myself. Hopefully this is fixed for launch though.