test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ARC Client Login Issues (Resolved)

13»

Comments

• redgrundredgrund Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ARC works fine now, but when it gets to the launcher...it keeps hanging on logging in.
  • vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cannot log in, no matter what admin privileges I try. But then again, we are talking about this POS software.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vader6139 wrote: »
    Cannot log in, no matter what admin privileges I try. But then again, we are talking about this POS software.

Just go to the neverwinter folder and launch it directly. I haven't ever used arc other than to put in codes for freebies. There is no reason to ever run arc other than that.
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Just go to the neverwinter folder and launch it directly. I haven't ever used arc other than to put in codes for freebies. There is no reason to ever run arc other than that.

Did that. Arc is shut down. Found .exe file, launched as admin. Loader says "Loading. Please wait, " Tried creating shortcut, with admin run privileges. Same thing. Arc is still shut down.

EDIT: Tried the gamingclient.exe and actually got to the log in screen. After entering password it states "Connecting to the account server. Please wait........" for a while and then goes right back to the log on screen.

Simply pathetic.
    edited February 2015
    Did that. Arc is shut down. Found .exe file, launched as admin. Loader says "Loading. Please wait, " Tried creating shortcut, with admin run privileges. Same thing. Arc is still shut down.

You went here and clicked the icon that says neverwinter? Just double clicked on it and let it run?
    mzRY5GD.png

note you are likely on c: and under Program Files (x86)
  • raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I usually use Steam but now neither Arc or Steam works. I tried to start .exe without using arc or steam as recommended before but still no luck. It says, it's trying to update launcher and it gives connection error after that.

Error :

speivp.jpg
    edited February 2015
    I usually use Steam but now neither Arc or Steam works. I tried to start .exe without using arc or steam as recommended before but still no luck. It says, it's trying to update launcher and it gives connection error after that.

Error :

speivp.jpg

Just double checked. I'm still able to login fine with a direct login.
    edited February 2015
    When you directly login, it starts Neverwinter Launcher/Cryptic Launcher right?
    edited February 2015
    When you directly login, it starts Neverwinter Launcher/Cryptic Launcher right?

Yeah I go directly to the neverwinter app in the install folder and double click that. (well I have a shortcut made, but I double checked a double click a second ago. you can see my folder in a screenshot above. The only thing that would be a little different is I have it installed in e: rather than c: and the default installation will put it in Program Files(x86) rather than just plain Program Files.
    edited February 2015
    Yeah I go directly to the neverwinter app in the install folder and double click that. (well I have a shortcut made, but I double checked a double click a second ago. you can see my folder in a screenshot above. The only thing that would be a little different is I have it installed in e: rather than c: and the default installation will put it in Program Files(x86) rather than just plain Program Files.

It's really weird... When I start, it says "trying to update launcher" and after 5 times it gives the error I posted above.
    edited February 2015
    It's really weird... When I start, it says "trying to update launcher" and after 5 times it gives the error I posted above.

Dunno, the server is still up though, and at least some can still log in. Not sure why that wouldn't work for you.

edit*

Try something. Open up a console window and type

tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Then post the results here.
    edited February 2015
    You went here and clicked the icon that says neverwinter? Just double clicked on it and let it run?
    mzRY5GD.png

note you are likely on c: and under Program Files (x86)

Exactly. My shortcut is actually on the desktop. Launcher started and doesn't advance.

Also used the gameclient.3xe found in ->program files(x86) ->Perfect World Entertainment ->Neverwinter_en ->Neverwinter ->Live

That got me to Cryptic Account Logon Screen but my password there didn't work.
    edited February 2015
    Dunno, the server is still up though, and at least some can still log in. Not sure why that wouldn't work for you.

It finally worked. If you can call it worked...

2s7yq8n.jpg

Now it's stuck here.
    edited February 2015

2s7yq8n.jpg

Now it's stuck here.

Give it a min, mine hangs there for 5-20 secs sometimes, something is probably going.
    edited February 2015
    Give it a min, mine hangs there for 5-20 secs sometimes, something is probably going.

I gave it a few min and it went back to where I started lol.. It gives that connection error again.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No_Entry_Point.jpg

Really devs? You absolutely NEEDED this?

*grumble* Time to patch my kernel32 again...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited February 2015

2s7yq8n.jpg

Now it's stuck here.

Same for me. :mad:
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    As I said, you cannot bypass the Launcher (Neverwinter.exe) and load just the client (GameClient.exe). You need to run the launcher (Neverwinter.exe) which the launcher itself has to load the game client, else it will lock you out due to permissions not being set by the launcher.

For those who have it installed in Program Files or some other System Directory, you'll need to run the Launcher (Neverwinter.exe) as an administrator.

In any case, the ARC Login Issues are resolved now.
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    As I said, you cannot bypass the Launcher (Neverwinter.exe) and load just the client (GameClient.exe). You need to run the launcher (Neverwinter.exe) which the launcher itself has to load the game client, else it will lock you out due to permissions not being set by the launcher.

For those who have it installed in Program Files or some other System Directory, you'll need to run the Launcher (Neverwinter.exe) as an administrator.

In any case, the ARC Login Issues are resolved now.

I was trying to run the Launcher just as you said but it didn't work. Yes, Arc issue seems to be resolved but I still can not login the game or it just takes forever.

Note : My connection is very fast and it doesn't have any problem.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    I was trying to run the Launcher just as you said but it didn't work. Yes, Arc issue seems to be resolved but I still can not login the game or it just takes forever.

Note : My connection is very fast and it doesn't have any problem.
    Try rebooting your machine to clear any lingering DNS issues. I'd also suggest to do a full power-cycle of your modem. Also, check to see if your modem has a built in firewall, if so I'd lower the modem firewall settings, or disable it, to see if the connection issues persist. I know if I leave my modem's firewall set to default or above security, I cannot connect to several MMOs, like Neverwinter, ESO, or LotRO.
    edited February 2015
    *sigh* Double posted somehow.
    edited February 2015
    Why has this thread been updated to say "resolved"? As far as I can tell, the Arc client is still not actually working. Meaning, it does not load the game!!

PS - Did reboot my modem, wifi and pc. Will not lower my firewall setting for any game, that is just silly.
    edited February 2015
    Why has this thread been updated to say "resolved"? As far as I can tell, the Arc client is still not actually working. Meaning, it does not load the game!!

PS - Did reboot my modem, wifi and pc. Will not lower my firewall setting for any game, that is just silly.
    Because the issue was resolved and what you're describing isn't even what this thread was about. Your issue is an entirely different one. Please contact ARC Support instead.

As for the firewall, I was talking about a hardware firewall on the Modem/Router itself, not a software firewall. Hardware firewalls can be too strict, which is needed for businesses to keep their employees from going to places and playing games and also to provide a higher level of security. Many of the highest settings are too much for residential use and will block ports that many games use. As always, research that and you'll see.

Closing this now as it's just now being used to report issues that are not what this thread was about, and are issues that need to be resolved through Support, as these aren't Support Forums.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.