test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ARC Client Login Issues (Resolved)

lostpatriotlostpatriot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Login keeps timing out but network connection is fine. Anythings going on?
With the eyes closed the mind has a perfect view.
Post edited by lostpatriot on

Comments

• elch00elch00 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    getting the same, still not able to login
  • shahafnoyshahafnoy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The error i get is on arc, not on NW.

if that's what you guys talking about, then same here.
    Arohan - 3k CW
    Arohan-DC - 3k DC
    Che Guevara - 3.6k OP tank
    Hodor - 2.6k GWF
  • lostpatriotlostpatriot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry I didn't specify that. My problem is with arc.
    With the eyes closed the mind has a perfect view.
  • kamikaas2015kamikaas2015 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi there,

i have the same issue:
    logon to ARC with the following message:
    Login has timed out. Please check your network connection and try again.
    I tried on 2 different pc`s, same problem on both.
    and my network is not the problem.
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2015
    Same issue here. I was in game and got a pop up that I needed to update Arc. Restarted my client and unable to connect. I can log in to Gateway and everywhere else just fine.
  • thenero21thenero21 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same problem, thought it was only me, checked the forums and found this thread. Any chance for a quick patch fix?
  • neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same here... after arc update of today I cant login.

EDIT: "direct" NW-login works fine
  • redgrundredgrund Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    same...cant login ARC.
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2015
    Also, I tried a reinstall of Arc (overwrite/repair) and still having the same issue.
  • svitellonesvitellone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same for me. I've tried to change password too, but I still cannot enter on ARC after the update.
  • shady88shady88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    same thing when trying to log in to woi
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Try launching the game without ARC running. I was able to log in just fine without ARC.

It seems the ARC Client is having connection issues. I've forwarded a report off, thanks!

To run Neverwinter without ARC:
    Close down ARC completely, make sure its not running in Task Manager (right-click taskbar, select Task Manager, end any ARC processes). Then navigate to the game's installation directory and find Neverwinter.exe - make a shortcut to this directly and use that shortcut to run the launcher. You'll want to either set the shortcut to run as an administrator if you have it installed in Program Files, or some other System Directory.

This will only work on Cryptic Games or the few other PWE Games that don't require ARC to run (like Forsaken World). Just find those game's launchers instead, using the same work-around method.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
    edited February 2015
    Worked like a charm. Thank you, Zeb!
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Login times out in Arc. There was a big patch for it earlier and now it's just not working for me at all. I am able to login by bypassing Arc though.
  • skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Login times out in Arc. There was a big patch for it earlier and now it's just not working for me at all. I am able to login by bypassing Arc though.

Yep same here.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Post merged, please look for existing threads first. Thanks!

See post #14 above for a work-around. This will only work on Cryptic Games or the few other PWE Games that don't require ARC to run (like Forsaken World).

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • koormiskoormis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Zebular, ur post don`t help to me. I found Neverwinter.exe file, opened it, but it started to log in me with arc client...
    edited February 2015
    koormis wrote: »
    Zebular, ur post don`t help to me. I found Neverwinter.exe file, opened it, but it started to log in me with arc client...
    You need to close out ARC first and end any processes it has running still. Then use a custom made shortcut to Neverwinter.exe instead of ARC's.

*/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter.exe
  • aennyeaennye Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Also same. Jumped on two other games with no prob so guessing that ARC is having issues. :(
    edited February 2015
    aennye wrote: »
    Also same. Jumped on two other games with no prob so guessing that ARC is having issues. :(
    Indeed, the issue is with ARC's connection to the login server. Only a handful of PWE's games require ARC to load up. Many of them can be loaded without ARC by closing out ARC completely and making sure no ARC processes are still running in Task Manager, then navigating to the installation directory, finding the game's launcher, creating a custom short-cut to that launcher, and running it with that newly made shortcut. If you have ARC running and try this on some games, it will still try to have you log into ARC first, so the key is to make sure no ARC processes are running first.
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    You need to close out ARC first and end any processes it has running still. Then use a custom made shortcut to Neverwinter.exe instead of ARC's.

*/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter.exe

Well, my all "Arc" thingys was closed. Problem was, that i was using Neverwinter.exe, but i needed to use file named Game Client. exe
    Now game starts hmmm... kinda normaly if that can by named like that. Now i need to wait 10 or more times longer till game starts, but thats fine. Problem is that i still can`t log in.. even if i don`t use arc client
    edited February 2015
    Well, my all "Arc" thingys was closed. Problem was, that i was using Neverwinter.exe, but i needed to use file named Game Client. exe
    Now game starts hmmm... kinda normaly if that can by named like that. Now i need to wait 10 or more times longer till game starts, but thats fine. Problem is that i still can`t log in.. even if i don`t use arc client
    That's because you cannot load the client without the Neverwinter.exe launcher. You're not doing something right if running Neverwinter.exe is causing your ARC to load up. Just a guess, but you're probably loading an ARC shortcut that says Neverwinter.

C:/*/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter.exe

Just search your Windows Explorer for "Neverwinter.exe" - any that are listed as a Shortcut is not what you want. You want the actual executable.
  • tofflesbytofflesby Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was able to find Neverwinter.exe, but as soon as I log in, it starts to download a 6000mb patch. Am I launching the wrong version?
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    That's because you cannot load the client without the Neverwinter.exe launcher. You're not doing something right if running Neverwinter.exe is causing your ARC to load up. Just a guess, but you're probably loading an ARC shortcut that says Neverwinter.

C:/*/Neverwinter_en/Neverwinter.exe

Just search your Windows Explorer for "Neverwinter.exe" - any that are listed as a Shortcut is not what you want. You want the actual executable.
    I`m using C:/*/Neverwinter_en/GameClient.exe file, cuz there isn`t any file named Neverwinter.exe. GameClient.exe starts Neverwinter (as i told this earlyer), but still can`t log in, always login timed out. Anyway, thanks for ur help, maybe one day arc will work fine to us again and i can come back to Neverwinter. BB till then :)
    edited February 2015
    tofflesby wrote: »
    I was able to find Neverwinter.exe, but as soon as I log in, it starts to download a 6000mb patch. Am I launching the wrong version?
    On the launcher, the Shard selection drop down, is it set to "Neverwinter - Neverwinter" ?
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    We are currently investigating the issues with the Arc Client. Steam login is not affected. Thank you for your patience.
    edited February 2015
    I`m using C:/*/Neverwinter_en/GameClient.exe file, cuz there isn`t any file named Neverwinter.exe. GameClient.exe starts Neverwinter (as i told this earlyer), but still can`t log in, always login timed out. Anyway, thanks for ur help, maybe one day arc will work fine to us again and i can come back to Neverwinter. BB till then :)
    That's the problem then, your Neverwinter.exe launcher is in another location. You'll need to find that and launch that until the ARC issue is resolved.
    edited February 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    We are currently investigating the issues with the Arc Client. Steam login is not affected. Thank you for your patience.
    Thanks, Akro!
  • tofflesbytofflesby Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There's no dropdown, but my selected shard is Neverwinter, out of Neverwinter, Neverwinterpreview, and Owlbear
This discussion has been closed.