Install Arc

Looking for anyone that wants to run my foundry quest and rate it

darkestdays9darkestdays9 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Hi completed my quest and looking for people to review it :D
Name: Ocean Caverns
@Darkestdays9
Short Code: NW-DBTMEB8WF
It's in the review tab. Thanks for all the help if you want me to review stuff send me a message.
Post edited by darkestdays9 on

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome to the foundry! I think you’ll find everyone here is quite helpful if you have any questions.

I played with my level 60 DC. Technically, you have a well-constructed foundry. The maps, costumes, and details are good. The main weakness is the story. It seemed to me it was more of an outline of a story than a true story. Since you are using material that isn’t from the Forgotten Realms you need to provide even more background to your players. It is sometimes helpful to keep in mind that although the logic of the story is clear in our minds, our players have no idea what to expect. As a result we need to lay out all the steps of the narrative clearly.

The second weakness is spelling and grammar. There were enough that I stopped commenting on them in my detailed notes. You probably want to run all of your text through a word processing program. If you don’t have a copy of Microsoft Word you can get Open Office for free.

Detailed notes:

Introduction text:

You probably don’t want to use quotes around your opening line. Unless that is an actual quote it usually denotes sarcasm. You probably want to change the first line to: Custom maps with custom enemies and bosses. No apostrophes needed in that line. In the last line “seem’s” should be “seems”

Teleporter Overlook:

-this map is well constructed with good details and sound.
    -You use a number of easily recognizable NPCs (Margold and Finendral for example). If there is a reason they are here I’d be curious to know why.
    -A bit more background as to the Wizard Guild, who they are and why I should help them would offer more incentive for the player to get involved the story. It doesn’t have to something overly serious.
    -Your map transition says “Go to Next Map”. Although there isn’t anything technically wrong with this it isn’t preferred among Foundry Authors. Changing it to something like “Go through the Portal” would be better.

Ocean Cavern:

-this is a very nice map with details and sound transitions.
    -I did like the puzzle with the gems
    -it seemed odd that Morgana was cowering when I was fighting her bodyguards

I don't have anything on the Review Tab currently so don't feel obligated to play any of my quests. Good luck!
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • darkestdays9darkestdays9 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the detailed review. I agree as this was my first attempt at the foundry I was anxious to hear some feedback.
    edited February 2015
    I will be making changes to the spelling in quest logs. I will work more on the story. I agree it's more of an outline at the moment.
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welcome to the Foundry!

I am always interested in seeing new publishes and I will definitely have a look at this one. I will re-edit this post upon completion of my feedback analysis.

RE-POST:
    Having problems opening the Arc game launcher, this may take longer than expected.

Sinscere apologies for the late feedback.

After a lengthy play through, I was able to finally complete this.

Detail:
    There was a lot of map detail here. Gives some relative atmousphere, especially in the cave maps.

Story/Narrative:
    I liked the story. It was pretty straight forward but still interesting.

Mechanics:
    The axe and gem puzzle took me some time to collect all the pieces. I almost got lost just by the size of the map itself.

Overall Gameplay:
    Depending on how fast it can be completed, there was a lot of encounters to keep the player occupied as well as the puzzles. The outline was well detailed. Another recommendation for others to try.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes.
    I have made revisions to the story for more detail and spell checks. I made minor tweaks to some of the maps like some effects and portal opening to soon etc.
    Enjoy!
    edited February 2015
    Ocean Caverns Ver. 1.3 is out now. The story is more detailed and spell checked. The issues of npc's being frightened have been corrected. Portals that opened to soon and text to enter portals have been fixed. New custom made throne.
    I'd like to make the last boss a bit different but that's all I see changing at the moment any suggestions would help. :cool:
    edited February 2015
    Version 1.4 is out updated some names of characters to fit custom themed lore.
    I updated the red gem room to be more active old encounter was missing something.
    I updated the final boss encounter and added some cool new NPC effects.
    Enjoy!
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the review I enjoyed making the dungeon. I've worked with Unreal engine and made some maps. The foundry is so simple my next map will be more story driven.