test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unrepentant Gaming: The Finest in Pantless Drunken Exploit-Free Gaming

Comments

• sgtsurth83sgtsurth83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Awesome community! This group takes it's applications more seriously than anything I have seen, but for good reason! They are more than just a guild, they are an awesome bunch of people from around the world whom sometimes have pant-less shenanigans while downing a few... who happen to have people who play almost every game out there. From hardcore gamers and raiders to once-in-a-while players who are just blowing off some steam on chat, Unrepentant has it all.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Glad to have you aboard, guys. It's always awesome to see fresh people picking up Neverwinter, or old blood looking to stoke the fires again in a new guild :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • avacadaveravacadaver Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you're looking for a Guild, this is it. The application process may seem intimidating, but it's really not! It's no different than trying to get to know someone on a date or a new friend. Everyone that I have met/talked to have been very helpful, nice and just genuine, that is so rare in the online gaming community. It really is about the people more than the game. So just give them a try. There's nothing to lose, but something awesome to gain.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I get the "Why do you guys have such a crazy application process?" question a lot.

The answer is simple. We're looking for quality people, not just names on a roster. And while it may discourage some people from "joining" us, it makes sure that the guild is full of awesome people.

So if you think you're one of those awesome people, don't be afraid to spent a few minutes on the application. The years to come of gaming enjoyment will make it all worth it!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    That's the way to do it. :D

Guilds should be about building a community. If a guild focuses on building a community rather than a large list of people and you will not spend a view minutes showing you fit into that community then you probably do not fit in to that community anyway.

Any guild which cares so much about it's application process is generally a good quality guild and I am sure this is no exception. :)
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the kind words :)

We believe that behind every toon in the game sits a person (for the most part ;)). Our mantra is to treat these people just like we'd treat any human being in real life, whether they're part of our community or not. Of course, we'd love for them to check us out.

To one of our member's wife we're affectionately known as his "fake wizard friends".
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • behennabehenna Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If your looking for a guild that's more than a guild then look no farther than this one, and if your an MMO Veteran then you know other than high end dungons/raids the main job of a guild is to be a social hub which this guild has down like and art form, there's always people on there kinda and helpful. As long as your active and social you will find a home here.
  • gigascoregigascore Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So at first glance it looks like a super serious application process, but as you read about said process you'll realize there's something there that's being held back by the professionalism. I'm not one to go through application processes, and even now I'm pretty much gonna say I haven't, that was more of a welcoming to me. These guys are the real deal, I was new to neverwinter, hopped in mumble the first day, got a huge welcome from these awesome ladies n gentlemen, and by the time my application was done I already have the knowledge I need along with a whole new team to work and play with. This is where it's at.
  • vladmereevladmeree Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When i first read what these goons were all about i have to say i was intrigued, certainly enough to go through the process to find out more about them. Although the application process is different and longer than most, and somewhat intimidating at first. I personally believe its the best application process i've seen that can produce some of the best fit people for a real guild that goes beyond just the game and really taps into the essence of a real community. It's truly about the game, and More So about the people you play it with for sure!

So check us out! Take the extra time to fill out an application, And We hope to see more and more good fits for the guild!
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm an old-timer NW player, been here since Beta, looking for a breath of fresh air. Would you take on a **** like me?
    edited February 2015
    That was meant to read nub with 2 O's. xD
    edited February 2015
    Haha! No worries. The filter produces some interesting results.

Sorry it took be so long to answer back...long, long week at work.

Anyway, check us out and see what you think. We're more focused on good people than just toons, so if you're looking for a place to relax, crack a beer open and have fun, that's us. You can also find us in game by joining the channel /uey (/channel_join Uey). We use a custom chat channel so that our community members in other Cryptic games can see what's going on, and we can all chat it up together.

If you have any other questions, let me know!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited February 2015
    This has come up in a few recent applications, and I want to be clear that we do have some gear standards when it comes to applying ;)
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    After perusing the rest of the recruitment forums, I thought it would be a good idea to update OUR recruiting standards.

As of right now, we're only recruiting character race/class combinations that have at least one arm.

We expect you to have a minimum Gearscore of 0 before applying. Also, we're currently not accepting anyone below level 1. If your character is less than level 1, please level up a bit before applying.

Gear standards do apply as well. We humbling request that you have slots on your character sheet into which gear can be placed. If you find yourself without any gear slots, please create a new character that has slots for gear. The quality of the gear placed in your slot is at your own discretion. Also: Giggitty.

We have a very strict standard that characters applying must have a bare minimum of at least zero artifacts. If you have more than zero artifacts, that's cool, but please note that characters with less than zero artifacts will be asked to earn at least zero artifacts before applying. The same standard holds for gear enchantments as well. Unfortunately, we can not offer any waivers to characters with less than zero enchantments on your gear. If you find yourself slotted with less than zero enchantments, please contact an officer so we can figure out how the heck that happened.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • exl3mexl3m Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Do you want to turbo charge your gaming experience? Have you ever wanted to achieve your greatest potential¹?

If you enjoy things, then now you can!

Introducing Unrepentant, the guild where things can happen and we will talk to you. Redeem your free application to join us at our website².

¹Congratulations, you qualify!
    ²Subject to you filling it out and completing the application process.
  • ashandarei88ashandarei88 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This has come up in a few recent applications, and I want to be clear that we do have some gear standards when it comes to applying ;)
    As of right now, we're only recruiting character race/class combinations that have at least one arm.

Despite these harsh requirements I, myself, recently applied and was welcomed into the U. At first I was worried, but then I checked and found my Trickster Rogue did indeed have 2 arms!

In a nutshell, while shamelessly plundering the words of JasonFJ...

Are you looking for folks who don't take themselves or the game too seriously? People who want to have fun cracking jokes, making friends, and telling stories while pushing buttons and killing dragons? Then you've come to the right place: http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/index.php
    edited February 2015
    Cheers to all the new members of Unrepentant. It's been exciting to see all the new people applying and joining over the last few weeks. I'm psyched for Module 6, and can't wait to quest my way to 70 with everyone once Module 6 launches.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Lol, holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dude, that was one of the most awesome guild reqs I've ever read.
    edited February 2015
    Hey, even a bunch of pantless drunks have to have standard :)
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • jjfj457jjfj457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It was a lot of work to fill out my application, but it was totally worth it because Ironzerg is so dreamy.
    edited February 2015
    Exxxxxcellent. When I find out how to melt the entire guild into liquified Refinement Points, I shall liquify you 3rd to last.

Sorry, I've already made promises to 2nd to last and last. :cool:
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • sgtmoody85sgtmoody85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So I stopped playing maybe a month after the game went live from beta. Thinking about getting back into it and looking for a guild. Is the game still worth playing again? You guys seem pretty awesome and at least some of you might be local to seattle?
    edited February 2015
    It definitely is. Neverwinter, like many MMOs, is a lot more fun with friends. And having a great community like Unrepentant is what helps to keep me logging in each day. When you know you have people to run dungeons, do dailies, or just joke around with, the game is a blast.

Plus, we're always around to help new players out, run people through dungeons to grab gear or offer advice on builds. For us, it's about the people, not the toon, which is why I think we tend to have players who join and stick around longer. We're also a community that's bigger than just Neverwinter, and even if you get bored in Neverwinter you can always pick up and play with Ueys who are part of the dozens of different games we regularly play.

Definitely check us out at www.unrepentantgaming.com, or you can find us in game by /channel_join Uey and saying "Hello!".
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited March 2015
    We just kicked off our latest community intiative, the NW_Newbie channel. If you're not sure if you're ready to join a guild, but are still looking for help, check it out.

New? Need Help? Or just friendly advice? Join the NW_Newbie channel!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • kolbathinkolbathin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ok signed up on the homepage to be able to apply but still cant, have to wait for forum access granted.

How long does that generally take?
    edited March 2015
    You should've gotten an email pretty quickly. I don't think there should be any sort of lag between signing up and getting registered.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hello, I am currently in a friends alt guild just for a home and social chat with my friends..
    Let me start with the basics.
    I'm 42 old guy who enjoys talking with others via voice chat and or guild chat and killing evil foe.
    Live in Washington state. so PST..
    I'm only currently involved in NW.. started playing right at mod 2 when HR was released. been playing since.
    I am an online gaming vet in my eyes :) been online gaming since the days of Air warrior and Red baron (AOL dial up days).

I enjoy running dungeons, GG, Skirms, CTA, Etc.., helping others when I'm not hitting the nodes to store up profession materials or on preview server learning about new content. (which I enjoy doing so much to learn what players will need and what to expect when goes live). I like to be very social via game chat or voice chat.

Characters:
    I only play one character primarily.
    HR lvl 60 Katrina Druegor (Stormwarden Trapper build. PVE'r primary. PVP only if necessary)
    All Boons unlocked, except for PVP.
    I have a 2nd toon, First toon HR Laramis Druegor (now just a crafter only)
    I am open to possibly start another class eventually, but not set a time nor date. possible paladin after my main is leveled and happy.

Previous Gaming experience:
    WoW: 8 years: from live vanilla days up to Panda expac. 1 of top 10 raiding guilds on Madoran server. Dyeslee (paladin lvl 95, ret tank)
    and also a Death knight which raided as well with same guild. Grandesa (Unholy DPS)
    DDO: 5 years: 1 of the top 5 Raiding guilds pre level 25 expac. Tyragon level 20 .TR'd x2 (Arcane Archer)
    Aion Online: Level 60 Ranger. top 10 guild for 3 years. (Ranger lvl 60)
    Played many other online games for a few years. CFS2. Air warrior, HL, TFC, UT.

Gaming time:
    Generally Mon, Tue, Thurs - Sat. 8'ish AM - 3 or 4'ish PM
    I have never been much of a multiple character player, I generally like to play 1 class since I started playing MMO's. Only exception was WoW. I ran a DK for a few years raiding with that guild when needed.

What I am looking for in a guild that i would like to join.
    This may be more then you need to to know about me, but I like for whom ever I am applying for to know that i truly enjoy my gaming and experience, as well as the members of the guild's I have been part of to help and enjoy there company and progression as a whole in any game.

I am seeking a guild that is active (actively social ingame chat as well as voicechat if any) and has a good guild environment, no drama, no BS, kinda place. Players that are knowledgeable but not elitists to the point of rudeness. Adult humor is great and don't mind it to a point. there's always a fine line that shouldn't be crossed :).

So that's me and was wondering if I'm fit for your guild? Hope to hear from you in the near future.
    5790248SLdyC.png
    edited March 2015
    Holy cow, that's one heck of a post :)
    Hello, I am currently in a friends alt guild just for a home and social chat with my friends..
    Let me start with the basics.
    I'm 42 old guy who enjoys talking with others via voice chat and or guild chat and killing evil foe.
    Live in Washington state. so PST..
    I'm only currently involved in NW.. started playing right at mod 2 when HR was released. been playing since.
    I am an online gaming vet in my eyes been online gaming since the days of Air warrior and Red baron (AOL dial up days).

I'll just say that this is pretty much our wheel house. Most members of Unrepentant are around 30-50. We're generally a collection of long-time MMO vets who just want to have fun and be social now, and people new to the genre who have zero interest in hardcore and...just want to have fun and be social :)

For us, it's more about the person than the toon. We're just here to have a good time. The other big benefit of Unrepentant is that we're a gaming community, not just a Neverwinter guild, so if and when you become bored with Neverwinter, you can join any group or any guild in any game we play.

We do have an application process, which ironically enough, is pretty much looking for what you just posted above. We want to take time to get to know the person, and see if we're a good fit for each other. It's a little more involved (well, probably a lot) that most other guild invitation procedures, but it ensures that we have a lot of awesome people in the community, not just a lot of people.

If you're interested in chatting us up in game, you can /channel_join Uey. We use a custom chat channel for our guild chat so everyone can see it whether they're on a guild toon, an alt or playing in another Cryptic game.

You can also check us out at www.unrepentantgaming.com. And of course, feel free to ask more questions here!
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • maitaimaitai Member Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    Hmmm drunken raids, those are always fun.
    edited March 2015
    maitai wrote: »
    Hmmm drunken raids, those are always fun.

You have no idea ;)
  • stevenonce08stevenonce08 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    TL;DR: These people aren't actually nuts, they're a nice/evil group of people who you will definitely want to hang out with and grab a beer. Hell, drunk is the only way to deal with them... Oh, and don't bring pants.

Hey all,

I'm a new Uey, so let me let y'all in on a little secret...

These people are nuts!

Let me explain. I came back to Neverwinter after leaving right after mod 2 came out. I looked through the guild recruitment forum and stumbled through this thread. I bookmarked it, because they looked cool but it's always a good idea to see what else it out there. Let me save you the trouble, people want hardcore ******** that give 26 hours a day to the game. I have a job, and I go to school, ain't nobody got time for that!

So I came back and applied, not because "it was my only option" but because of all of the casual guilds that had posts in here, theirs was definitely the most funny. It's just missing an annoying 80s song, honestly. Let me tell you, the application may seem like a lot of stuff, but it's not nearly enough. These people aren't looking for someone go come and bring a lot of dps to group content night. They're looking for people to have a drink with, and play some games with. They span multiple games, and if you are interested in a bunch of different stuff, they'll be more than happy to have you!

But back to why they're nuts. The application process is about a week or two from what I can see. After a few days, I decided to hop onto mumble to talk with people while I work on my first 60. My first conversation ended up being about weird <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we've seen on IRC. Apparently, people will cyber with you while you are trying to help them set up their IRCs...

That same group of people then started running some type of dungeon/content/thingie. They got it down, but someone complained that their dps or something was low. Another member then spent 15 minutes going over their stuff and getting them on track for a new spec or gear or something. I don't remember much, I was already trying to get hammered. But the point is, they're crazy! I had spent the past few days reading about people who didn't want to help you, they wanted you to help you and them! These people went out of their way to help each other, than came back to talking about weird <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that you definitely don't want your kids stumbling in on!

Needless to say, this is a great group if you want to meet some cool people and enjoy the game with friends, and not guildies. And make sure you go through the rejected app stickies for a great laugh!