test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who else signed up for NW Xbox One beta

katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
Kinda wanted to be first thread in category (Edit: Success!) (Edit 2: And my post got stickied! :D)

But still a good topic - Did you sign up for beta, and if so why? And have you played PC version?

To make information more readable, let's put it in this format
1. Did you sign up for Xbox One Beta (Yes or No)
2. Why/Why not did/didn't you sign up for Xbox One Beta
3. Did you play it on PC? (Yes or No)

Here are my answers:
1. Yes, I signed up for it
2. I wanted a chance to start on a fresh economy, with the knowledge I've gained by playing. Also, with upcoming Windows 10, I'll be able to play the same server on both my console and stream it to my PC.
3. Yes, I play it daily on PC
dulopa4e1d9.png
|| Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2015

An excellent topic! Thanks for starting it, Katamaster :)

• lolatnwpvelolatnwpve Banned Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nope

pc master race
  • zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2015
    1 - Yes
    2 - I've always preferred native controller functionality in the games I play. Since NW on PC does not have that, I'm intending to play the Xb1 version as my main, assuming the native controller controls are good.
    3 - I started checking out the PC version the day the Xbox Beta Sign Ups opened, right after signing up. As I want to save most of the good stuff/lore/etc for my main platform for NW, I'm not playing it much on PC though.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. no
    2. will not pay for anything microsoft. Will use some stuff if it's free, but not pay for it, so no xbone.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Here are my answers:
    1. Indeed! That's like asking if Elminster is a Chosen of Mystra!
    2. I love the Forgotten Realms and will play it whenever and wherever I can.
    3. I play on PC currently and that won't change. I'll play both.

Update: Looks like I may not be able to get an XBOX One in time, so if I do get chosen for Beta and I am not able to get into XBOX One Beta in time, and it comes in Key form, and they allow me to, I'll give my key away to a lucky Community Member here. By Mystra, that's a lot of "ands!"

*the mage begins devising a new spell: Transmute XBOX 360 to XBOX One*
  • lolatnwpvelolatnwpve Banned Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Here are my answers:
    1. Indeed! That's like asking if Elminster is a Chosen of Mystra!
    2. I love the Forgotten Realms and will play it whenever and wherever I can.
    3. I play on PC currently and that won't change. I'll play both.

excuse me sir zebular

whats the interest to play both? wouldnt that be tedious? especially if you do multiple accounts

good day
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    lolatnwpve wrote: »
    excuse me sir zebular

whats the interest to play both? wouldnt that be tedious? especially if you do multiple accounts

good day
    Having XBOX and PC wouldn't be any different than me simply choosing one or two characters to play during any given week, as I already do. Being able to take my XBOX anywhere with me is much easier than hauling a Desktop, Monitor, Keyboard, and Mouse around. That way if I do travel, I'll be able to play no matter what platform I have with me. Hence the "whenever and wherever I can." part. Indeed!
  • x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1: No
    2: PS4 Owner
    3: I might play it on PS4, but native controller support for PC would be nice.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. No.
    2. I don't have any of the current gen consoles, and if I did, it'd be a PS4.
    3. I've been playing PC since closed beta so even if I had an Xbox One, I'd still be 'eh' because I've put way too much time and work into my PC characters. :P
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Kinda wanted to be first thread in category (Edit: Success!)

But still a good topic - Did you sign up for beta, and if so why? And have you played PC version?

1. Yup. been looking forward to it for 6 months.
    2. Been looking for an MMO on XBone for a while. Thought it'd be ESO, but that's over a year late already.
    3. Yup. Been playing since Closed Beta. Kinda quit for a while, but have been itching to get back.
  • devildriver1987devildriver1987 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. Yes I have signed up for it (several thousand times :D )
    2. Signed up on Xbone. I don't own a PC but been looking forward to this since it was announced, I had a ps4 but WAAAY too buggy for me.
    3. As I said don't own a PC they suck. (joke)
    Don't follow me....you will only find yourself lost at the end of it all.
  • mdaemmemdaemme Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. Yes, I want
    2. I find it very good game and I want the xbox it continues attracting new players like me, and for that reason I want to participate and cooperate in beta development.
    3. Yes , I play whenever possible , usually every day between 4-6 hours.

*sorry my english.
  • uberzuberz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. Of course..
    2. Need a MMO on X1. Even though now you have competition coming in June. Elder Scrolls Online.
    3. Yes....with a Xbox controller using Pinnacle software.

Ready to test....but not a peep of when invites go out. It's next week fellas...
  • devildriver1987devildriver1987 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have a feeling this, like most beta's, will give say....900/1000 key codes for the beta to the Yanks across the pond and Naff all to English! every beta I sign up for all my yank mates get codes and only like 5% of my English mates get key codes, Well guess I should move to yank land lol. Also Anyone know when they are giving out the key codes?? I always have me pinkys crossed lol. (cant find any information regarding the release of the codes)

Edit: Anyone have a idea when the actual game will release? I have a feeling its gonna be a small closed beta (more likely to get a date with the pope than a code) and the game will release months after it?? ( Yes! I am bitter I don't get beta invite codes lol )
    Don't follow me....you will only find yourself lost at the end of it all.
  • swidenbankswidenbank Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am very interested in playing this on Xbox but unsure on 1 thing that is kind of a deal breaker. Is it just a case of I can log off on PC move to my sofa and xbox and log straight back into same account to carry on playing or is Xbox going to be a separate account only. IF its separate then I see very little point in playing it on xbox
  • chase20tnchase20tn Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    YES!YES!YES!
    I Signed up to enjoy a game i got to max lvl in 1 week on a console i play.Plus i have more console friends then pc friends.
    Yes i was in the closed beta and then maxed my healer in OBT to 60 in less then a week of playing not played to much since i rather play on a console.
    Name:Trunks
    LVL:8X
    Guild:TacTics
    Server:East
    TOP 10 Mage
    ID# East server: 8000152G090007045006020S3eefb2
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    swidenbank wrote: »
    I am very interested in playing this on Xbox but unsure on 1 thing that is kind of a deal breaker. Is it just a case of I can log off on PC move to my sofa and xbox and log straight back into same account to carry on playing or is Xbox going to be a separate account only. IF its separate then I see very little point in playing it on xbox

XB1 will be a completely different server. Nothing you have now on PC will transfer over to XB1. No shared account info / inventory / zen / AD / anything. If you're invested in your current characters, in your current guild, with your current levels and loot, stick with PC. If you're willing to start over from scratch, on a new server, with a new community, from absolute zero, XB1 will be for you.
  • zombodenzomboden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. Yes
    2. MMOs on consoles have always floated my boat. I just feel like playing on a console and looking around and seeing others and knowing they are on the same hardware as you guaranteed adds a fun faction (+ controllers)
    3. Yes, I have a 60 CW, 60 GWF, and a 60 SW. I stopped playing in September. I just recently got back into it and made a GF but I am basically just waiting for the Xbox version to sink some hours into the game.
  • killerthreadkillerthread Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes i signed up for beta
    I was an Massive mmo player for psu since sever closed looking for a new mmo
    Nope im a new player looks an great game and fun to play
  • cindatravellercindatraveller Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2015
    1. Yes, no email that I've been accepted yet.
    2. I played in Alpha and Beta but struggled with playing on this PC. Stopped playing after the game went live and my computer just couldn't handle a ton of players and graphics. XBone will allow me to hopefully play the game again with family :)
    3. Yes
  • zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2015
  • acecasperacecasper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yes
    Love playing the game
    yes play everyday on pc
  • mipappamipappa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes.
    I love play NW.
    Dont play in PC about couple days.
  • whiteknight1902whiteknight1902 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Kinda wanted to be first thread in category (Edit: Success!) (Edit 2: And my post got stickied! :D)

Here are my answers:
    1. Yes, I signed up for it
    2. I wanted a chance to start on a fresh economy, with the knowledge I've gained by playing. Also, with upcoming Windows 10, I'll be able to play the same server on both my console and stream it to my PC.
    3. Yes, I play it daily on PC
    yes I signed up (and recieved a key)
    I haven't played a mmo for a long time (psu on 360 was the last i really enjoyed) and enjoy them alot so I thought I would give this a try.
    Never played it before
  • whiteknight1902whiteknight1902 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have a feeling this, like most beta's, will give say....900/1000 key codes for the beta to the Yanks across the pond and Naff all to English! every beta I sign up for all my yank mates get codes and only like 5% of my English mates get key codes, Well guess I should move to yank land lol. Also Anyone know when they are giving out the key codes?? I always have me pinkys crossed lol. (cant find any information regarding the release of the codes)

Edit: Anyone have a idea when the actual game will release? I have a feeling its gonna be a small closed beta (more likely to get a date with the pope than a code) and the game will release months after it?? ( Yes! I am bitter I don't get beta invite codes lol )
    I am from England and got a code.

random is random
  • xxmeltedbrainxxxxmeltedbrainxx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. Did you sign up for Xbox One Beta?
    - Yes
    2. Why/Why not did/didn't you sign up for Xbox One Beta?
    - Because it was the reason I bought a XB1.
    3. Did you play it on PC?
    - Yes, and love it!
  • vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Did you sign up for Xbox One Beta YES

Did you play it on PC? Yes

Gamertag Vampero13

I did not get a key code,that is why I'm not playing.
  • ashthevaultladyashthevaultlady Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1) yes, didn't get a code though so I'm waiting for the livestream
    2) I just wanted to see how they would work this mmorpg on a console, maybe my lag wouldn't be so bad as it is on my computer
    3) yep, played until I hit level 60 and there was nothing else for me to do
  • mma78mma78 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How can I get a beta key for xbox one? I registered a while ago and have played Neverwinter on PC. Can anyone help?
  • drakenwardrakenwar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Unfortunately mma78 chances are no. I was one of 9 of my friends who signed up, only 1 of us got the key and we have checked out inbox and spam for the last 72 hours regularly. The best response we have gotten was more were coming out so good luck. It is frustrating considering how much money I did drop into the pc version of this game and would love nothing more than to test this game on XB1.