test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weekly Foundry Reviews -- February 5, 2015

tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
It's hard not to notice how amazing map-building and level design in general has become in newer foundries. This week we have two older quests, and two newer quests, that perfectly illustrate just how much the bar has been raised over the year and change the game has been live.

Click this link right here to read all about Kasul's and my adventures this week.

Reviewed this week:

Part 1: Silver Thieves by @waldo79 (***)
The castle gates by @reiwulf (****)
Act 1: Wounded Tiger by @prettycelt (***)
Gathering Shadows by @xetmk24 (***)

Enjoy!
dec2014nwsig.png
Post edited by tipadaknife on

Comments

• xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yey! My quest got reviewed ;)

Annoying party? Ohhh... Vixx will be sad ;) I thought at first that you didn't like the knock-back they are doing but it seems you didn't like the characters.
    English was that bad? Good thing that I now have someone to help me with that. One of the players offered to help me with translation.
    You couldn't open the final chest? Is this something on my end?
    I'm glad you liked the maps at least.

Great read as always.
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Constant discussions with the characters, for me, halted the flow of the adventure. I understood what you were trying for -- an adventure that felt like being in a story. It didn't mesh for Kasul and I, but that's just us. I know from the other reviews that many people liked that best. I could open the final chest, but Kasul could not. This is probably a new Foundry bug,

I liked the story. I loved the incredible maps. I'd have rated your quest higher if the English had been better, but I understand working in a foreign language is a challenge.
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thanks so much for reviewing my quest! Jut last night I fixed the forest map so you can't go up the cliffs anymore, so that should solve that. XD
    about tghe spelling, Duskshore was called Duskshire before, but I decided to change it, do you remember who still refers to it as Duskshire? I haven't been able to find it yet.
    And sorry to hear you couldn't get the end chest, I'll see what is wrong with that.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To clear up your confusion about Shard in the Wounded Tiger foundry. Shard is the character of the author, and not a character you will find in any D&D or forgotten realms wiki.
  • xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Constant discussions with the characters, for me, halted the flow of the adventure. I understood what you were trying for -- an adventure that felt like being in a story. It didn't mesh for Kasul and I, but that's just us. I know from the other reviews that many people liked that best. I could open the final chest, but Kasul could not. This is probably a new Foundry bug,

I liked the story. I loved the incredible maps. I'd have rated your quest higher if the English had been better, but I understand working in a foreign language is a challenge.

Got it. Honestly I thought my English was better ;) Oh well... got help with that now.
    I created this quest mainly for myself - I missed party based D&D games - so I made a substitute.
    Good thing you actually liked the story (what you could understand;))
    Party is integral to the rest of the quest but I'm pretty sure they usually talk when contacting NPCs. What I'm sure of is that there are less map transitions - or at least you do more in them ;)

Thanks again for the review.
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
    edited February 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    To clear up your confusion about Shard in the Wounded Tiger foundry. Shard is the character of the author, and not a character you will find in any D&D or forgotten realms wiki.

Ah, okay. I imagine most people choose the "No" option to the question, then, about whether or not they know her and find themselves unable to continue the quest. The quest is kinda based on you knowing her really well, though. The option "Yeah, I know her, and she's a B___H" also sends you running after her to see why she hasn't picked up her bread order. If I felt that way about her, why would I go?
    dec2014nwsig.png
    edited February 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    And sorry to hear you couldn't get the end chest, I'll see what is wrong with that.

I think that was a foundry bug. Happened to Kasul on another quest, too -- I could get the chest and he could not.

I believe Gilli Goldenbeard is the one who still remembers when Duskshore was Duskshire.
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ah, okay. I imagine most people choose the "No" option to the question, then, about whether or not they know her and find themselves unable to continue the quest. The quest is kinda based on you knowing her really well, though. The option "Yeah, I know her, and she's a B___H" also sends you running after her to see why she hasn't picked up her bread order. If I felt that way about her, why would I go?

Yes, I feel the same way. I only know the author by reputation, so I cant speak about their reasons or motivations for placing themselves as a character into their own foundry. Personally, I find it a little off-putting, doubly so if there is no story, info, or background offered to even explain it.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yes, I feel the same way. I only know the author by reputation, so I cant speak about their reasons or motivations for placing themselves as a character into their own foundry. Personally, I find it a little off-putting, doubly so if there is no story, info, or background offered to even explain it.

Yeah, it's weird that you are assumed to know the character. I'd think at least an option to get some background about Shard and then decide you want to meet her or something would make sense in this case.

I do have my main character in my foundry campaign, but you actually meet her for the first time and learn her backstory while playing through it. ((Technically, she actually existed in the campaign first and then I decided to build her as a character, but that's a different story.))
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Reviewed this week:

I enjoy reading your reviews. =D :D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
    edited February 2015
    I enjoy reading your reviews. =D :D

dec2014nwsig.png