edited June 2015 in The Thieves' Den
Contents:
1) Preface, stats, powers and feats.
2) The budget gear and how to get it.
3) Gearing up beyond this budget.
4) Tips on playing this build.
5) Reserved.

Preface:
This is a guide for building a TR, in the game at this point in time, for a person new to NWO who doesn't want to have to spend money in order to build a character with the aid of real money. Due to this, not all of the gear choices will be optimal or BiS, as I myself am a 100% f2p person and so please keep the..."This piece of gear is better," stuff to a minimal unless that piece of gear is better, given the circumstances. This build is also NOT designed around party play, as my personal philosophy when building characters is that if you are ever random queueing and you get an abysmal group, you need to be able to complete the content without relying on there being someone else in the group who is actually good enough to help you. Therefore, this is not a glass cannon TR build or a..."more dps" tr build. If you don't agree with that philosophy or way of building a character, then stop reading here as this guide is not for you.

Feats, skills and paragon path:
For this build, I went with MI saboteur for a variety of reasons. The reason I went with MI is because the MI is the only paragon path capable of still reliably going perma stealth, which means for a solo build it is over all a much stronger path. Due to gloaming cut it is a much stronger choice for soloing PVE content and impossible to catch is absolutely necessary for soloing certain fights, (I am looking at you draco.) The reason I went for saboteur is quite simply because in mod 6, it is the safest bet for soloing content and in mod 6 this is an absolute necessity.

Race:
For race I would choose either human, dragonborn or tiefling.

Stats:
Starting stat roll I would recommend is 15 dexterity, 15 strength, 13 charisma, 12 intelligence, 11 constitution and 10 wisdom.
Anywhere between 13-20 int, depending on just how perma you want to go. In mod 6, I would recommend tossing as many extra points into int as possible.
I would recommend on level up to throw every single point into int and strength, the rest will care for themselves.

This is the feats list I went with:

Unfortunately, my level 70 TR on preview got turned into an invalid character, so rather then putting a screenshot of my altered abilities I will list the changes, as nwcalc has not yet been updated for mod 6. Here are the changes:

######Saboteur:
######|5 5 0 5 5
######|0 0 0 0 0 1
######|5 5 0 0 5
######Scoundrel:
2 5 0 0# |0 0 0 0 0
0 0 5 3# |0 0 0 0 0 0
3 0 0 5# |0 0 0 0 0
######Executioner:
######|5 0 0 0 0
######|0 0 0 0 0 0
######|0 0 0 0 0

The key things to note is I took the feats swift footwork, twilight adept and improved cunning sneak, which are going to be necessary for perma stealth. It is also important to note that I ignored weapon mastery, as since you will be stealthed 95% of the time with this build, you will have a base crit of 100% almost all the time anyhow. Whilst in mod 5, I went executioner for the extra damage, in mod 6, survival is going to be of utmost importance for the under geared character and to keep the viability, I went saboteur.

Powers:
Due to the fact that you can now get all the powers in the game, I will not list which ones to pick rather the ones which are key.

At wills:
Gloaming cut
Sky flourish

Encounters:
Bait and Switch
Path of the Blade
Impossible to Catch
Shadow Strike
Smoke Bomb
Shadowy Disappearance

Dailies:
Bloodbath
Whirlwind of Blades
Lurker's Assault

Passives:

This is where things get interesting as there are many viable choices for mod 6. If you want to stick with survivability I would propose:
Tenacious concealment
Talisman of Shadows
If you want to maximise damage however, then:
Oppressive Darkness
Tenacious Concealment
If you want to maximise movement speed then:
Skillful Infiltrator
Sneak attack

I recommend when attempting to solo team based content using option 1, as painful as it is due to how slow it moves, but for regular content I recommend a hybrid of Tenacious concealment+sneak attack.

Boons

Sharandar:
Dark fey hunter
fey elusiveness
feywilds fortitude
elven ferocity
elven resolve

Dread Ring:
Reliquary keepers strength
Evoker's thirst
forbidden piercing
Shadowtouch
Rampaging madness

Icewindale:
Encroaching tactics
refreshing chill
Rapid thaw
cool resolve
Avalanche

Tyranny of the dragons:
Dragon's claws
Dragon's shadow
Draconic Armourbreaker
Dragon's greed
1x Dragons thirst
2xDragon's fury
Post edited by thefabricant on

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In terms of stat line you want to aim to maximise your recovery at about 8k, as the stat curve is much harsher now, however it is also linear. Crit is still irrelevant as since 95% of the time you are stealthed you will always crit. Arp is like the new power in mod 6 and you should stack it quite high, in a budget suit, after recovery, this is your next bet. With how hard critters hit in mod 6, HP is something you want as much of as possible. With the lifesteal nerf in mod 6, you can't rely on it to heal you the way it once did, so it is no longer as much of a priority. On a non budget character, you could probably aim to utilise this stat, but, as this is a budget build, that is not relevant.

Now, in terms of gear what do you need in mod 6:
    Once I have a better idea of what is available, I will update this further as to the costs, the gearing of this too will still remain cheap, but I can't say just how cheap until AH prices normalise. Furthermore, in some cases, I am unable to make precise gear recommendations, for example with rings, until I see all level 70 blue rings available.

Armour:
    Mod 5 or prior legacy stealth set
    or
    Elemental Elven Raid Armour

While leveling with this toon, I would recommend grabbing the level 61 eternal gear from the merchant in the WoD. Until you can get the elemental stuff, any level 70 blue gear with recovery will do.

Weapons:
    Dagger of Elemental Fire and Elemental Fire Stiletto., whilst in mod 5 I would not have featured artifact gear here, in mod 6 it is fairly easy to get them on a budget and so they make the cut. To get the mainhand, you just need to complete the quest line in spinward rise, to get the offhand, you just need to talk to knox.

Jewelry:
    Until you can afford artifact belt + cloak, as well as the personalised stuff, I would recommend:
    Any level 70 blue rings, belts and cloaks with stacked recovery. You need some for both yourself and your augment.

Companion:
    Still an augment, as on a budget perma build, you will really need to push your stat line in order to compensate for lackluster gear.

Enchants:
    Offense: Silvery until you got enough recovery, from there dark enchantments.
    Defense: Radiant enchantments.

Advantages of using this build:

In mod 6, most players in budget gear will struggle to cope with the increase in difficulty. However, with this build, a budget player can manage to keep up. Whilst it will be nowhere near as effortless to play as it was in module 5, it will still be far easier then playing a budget character for another class. Stealth is like a massive invulnerability shield for those who manage to use it properly and this build takes advantage of that, there is no other class that has that advantage.

Advice for getting this AD:

Read peoples guides on leadership toons and follow them to some degree. Do daily quests given by rhix, salvage purple rubbish that you collect and sell stuff on the AH.
    edited January 2015
    When gearing up beyond this budget, here are the things I would aim for, in the order I would go for them:

1) Greater imperial artifact cloak, or, if you re gearing up far beyond budget, then go for the Lostmauth necklace.

2) Weapon enchant, either vorpal or plaguefire.

3) Dragon hoard enchantments on utility slots.

4) Rank 7 enchantments. Upgrading your enchantments to rank 7 is a big step towards having a less budget TR, however upgrading them beyond this point will not be something to consider for a long time. As your enchantments get better, you can systematically drop out 1/2 silvery enchantments and replace them with darks.

5) Greater artifact belt of intelligence or the Lostmauth belt.

6) Fancy personalised adamant rings of recovery. Along with these you will want personal gear on your augment.

7) Level up your enchants to rank 7 and beyond.

8) level up a dc to level 60 to get the dc artifact, at the same time, upgrade all your artifacts and artifact gear to purple.
    edited January 2015
    Tips:

Rotations:

AoE - When dealing with large numbers of adds, the rotation I use is shadow strike, smoke bomb and path of the blade. If you are unstealthed and entering combat, assuming your stealth meter is full then PotB, stealth, smoke bomb immediately to deal damage to monsters, shadow strike, stealth, then gloaming until PotB has reset. Once it has reset then smoke bomb, PotB, dodge, shadow strike, stealth then rinse and repeat. If stealth meter is not full then skip the smoke bomb step and go PoTB, shadow strike and stealth. If stealthed and entering combat then starting off with smoke bomb then PoTB is ideal. Every so often use Whirlwind whilst stealthed to clear adds.

Single target - There are multiple ways of going about a single target rotation, I will outline 2 of them:
    1) Shadow strike, smoke bomb and BnS - This rotation is good in fights where you need to keep up stealth for portions of combat where you are out of range of target-able opponents, or where leaving stealth will almost guarentee kill you.
    2) Shadow Strike, smoke bomb/bns and ITC - This combination is really good when you are dealing with an opponent who has high levels of CC, which you need to be able to neutralise. For example, when dealing with the draco in CN, ITC can be used to dodge roar and directly afterwards, shadow strike can be used to reset stealth.

Alternative mod 6 rotation:
    Shadow strike, Shadowy Disappearance and smoke bomb:
    This rotation is really fun to play with and is 100% viable, however, it is really hard to utilise correctly and I am not sure what situation it is ideal for. The idea is, whenever you stealth, you shadowy disappearance onto a target, then immediately resteath due to the sab capstone or because of shadow strike. The problem with these abilities is you have to spam keys on your keyboard really quickly to be able to take advantage of this properly and it is easy to mess up. I am definitely considering how to be able to fully utilise Shadowy Disappearance though, as it is a really fun encounter to play around with.

Tip 1:
    In mod 6, the adds in dungeons hit really, really hard. Whilst it might still be viable to run solo door to door stealthed with this build, I strongly advise against it. However, if you wish to give it a try, then you would be using shadow strike, smoke bomb and potb.

Tip 2:
    Have lots of potions, lifesteal is unreliable in mod 6 so you can't sit and hope that it heals you up in the event you get hit.

Tip 3:
    Bloodbath, due to a bug with knife's edge, can restore all your encounter cooldowns.

Tip 4:
    If you lag badly, then don't play perma TR as lag completely and utterly destroys this build.

Tip 5:
    Get to know which monsters can attack you regardless of stealth and try to eliminate them first. Some examples are shaidar kai witches in CN, The 2nd boss in karru, the dracolich and xivros with his lifesteal.

Tip 6:
    You need to be versatile when playing a build like this and adapt to situations, whilst the rotations I have listed will cover most situations there are some it does not and as I can't spend the time to list all of them, as that would probably go on for 3 more pages, you will have to spend some time figuring out solutions to them on your own.

Tip 7:
    Don't be afraid to deviate from a build or guide you read and try your own ideas, the preview server is a great place to test things out and so if you have any ideas thats the place to try them.
    edited January 2015
    Updated the feats for mod 6, removed the approximate value of the build as it is obsolete in mod 6, updated the gear choice and changed the list of advice.

Here is the list of boons:

Sharandar:
    Dark fey hunter
    fey elusiveness
    feywilds fortitude
    elven ferocity
    elven resolve

Dread Ring:
    Reliquary keepers strength
    Evoker's thirst
    forbidden piercing
    Shadowtouch
    Rampaging madness

Icewindale:
    Encroaching tactics
    refreshing chill
    Rapid thaw
    cool resolve
    Avalanche

Tyranny of the dragons:
    Dragon's claws
    Dragon's shadow
    Draconic Armourbreaker
    Dragon's greed
    1x Dragons thirst
    2xDragon's fury

and for starting stat rolls 15 strength, 15 dexterity, 13 charisma, 12 intelligence, 11 constitution and 10 wisdom.
  • userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey, Sharp. Just wanted to add this info.
    1) About sneaky stabber feat... I don't know, but maybe only due to 21 (buffed) INT on my tiefling I definitely don't need it to go full perma. While knife's edge, being currently bugged, on some conditions gives you a chance to apply 2 dailies in a row, also Bloodbath fully reduces all cooldowns to zero.
    2) !!!this spec is absolutely viable for PVP!!! I mean that due to high damage it gives and perma stealth it has in this module this spec allows you to burn opponents disrespectively to higher gear of them. Practically my small 11,5k GS rogue makes a real mess in pvp, killing 20k guys sometimes and getting loads of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in tell, xD. If we speak about AVERAGE players and pugging, you can tear apart other TR, DC, CW, SW, GF. You cannot kill in 1 on 1, but you can almost always escape 20k GWF, xD. This spec has problem with HRs, being squishy, or, maybe i'm just nubby in killing them:-). All you need to play this spec in current module is skill (even in pvp). In PVP I use shadow strike, smoke bomb and lashing blade, in hard matches, i swap smoke bomb to impossible to catch or lashing blade to impossible to catch, but only reason of using ITC on this spec in PVP imo is when you suddenly jumped into a team of 20+k exp guys and other team has 20+k exp guys as well.=) Therefore you will need to figure out something in order to prevent plenty of deaths and to help your team as much as you can.
    I wish I could put a vid here but always getting lag when trying to record pvp match. =(
    ABSOLUTE
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No Wicked Reminder?
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    No Wicked Reminder?

As the title clearly states, I designed this build for soloing 5 man PVE dungeons on a budget. Due to this, you often cannot afford to be unstealthed for long periods in PVE and so in boss fights, you cannot afford to use wicked reminder. You have to have smoke bomb and shadow strike on your hotbar at all times, shadow strike for resetting stealth and smoke bomb for lifesteal plus stun, as mentioned above. Whilst in PVP Wicked reminder might find a place, I DON'T PVP and so as a general rule, any guide written by me will ignore that aspect of the game.
  • kragmaulkragmaul Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here is what i run on my Tr for PvE whenever i do it
    At-wills
    Dualist's Flurry
    Cloud of Steel

Encounters for trash clear
    Path of the Blade
    Blitz
    Smokebomb or Dazing strike

Encounters for Boss
    Path of the blade
    Shadow Strike
    Lashing Blade or Dazing Strike

Daily's
    Whirlwind of Blades - For Trash clear
    Bloodbath

Class Features
    Tactis - for more Ap gain
    Invisable Infiltrator - for the instant re-stealth when you enter bloodbath

Bottom Row Artifacts
    Sigil of the Devoted
    Sigil of the Great Weapon
    Sigil of the Hunter

Artifact Equipment
    Imperial Dragon Cloak or Cloak of Black Ice
    Girdle of Strength - for more damage
    Horn of the Golden Dragon for main hand weapon
    And the offhand with Tactics slotted and Combat Advantage Bonus
    edited January 2015
    kragmaul wrote: »
    Here is what i run on my Tr for PvE whenever i do it
    At-wills
    Dualist's Flurry
    Cloud of Steel

Encounters for trash clear
    Path of the Blade
    Blitz
    Smokebomb or Dazing strike

Encounters for Boss
    Path of the blade
    Shadow Strike
    Lashing Blade or Dazing Strike

Daily's
    Whirlwind of Blades - For Trash clear
    Bloodbath

Class Features
    Tactis - for more Ap gain
    Invisable Infiltrator - for the instant re-stealth when you enter bloodbath

Bottom Row Artifacts
    Sigil of the Devoted
    Sigil of the Hunter

Artifact Equipment
    Imperial Dragon Cloak or Cloak of Black Ice
    Girdle of Strength - for more damage
    Horn of the Golden Dragon for main hand weapon
    And the offhand with Tactics slotted and Combat Advantage Bonus

And that might work excellently for you, only it doesn't fit the description of budget. The entire reason I wrote this guide is so that any new/f2p player who wants a cheap way to build a viable pve tr has something to refer to, rather then looking at all the current builds and just gulping from the ad cost. Whilst the budget in this build might look expensive, its actually, in comparison to most other build, ridiculously cheap. In comparison to any BiS rogue build for example, this costs you 900k, those builds cost you 30M+ (somewhere in the realm of 140M for all gear being perfect.) This makes a guide like this ideal for a player who is just starting out and I think I will slowly expand my list of guides to provide a basic budget guide for every class, such that people always have an efficient, cheap alternative to refer to. The expansion of this list will be slow in coming however and the majority of class guides will probably occur after mod 6.
    edited January 2015
    Bottom Row Artifacts
    Sigil of the Devoted
    Sigil of the Hunter

Cost 0ad you have to get the characters to 60 then get them to icewind dale

Imperial Dragon Cloak or Cloak of Black Ice --- yes these 2 are expensive i know but are well worth it --- or you can farm tiamat for 15 wins and buy one or get lucky on the dragons in the well of dragons
    Girdle of Strength - for more damage --- does not cost much at all
    Horn of the Golden Dragon for main hand weapon --- have to do daily's for them and around 100k each make can get after 3 attempts
    And the offhand with Tactics slotted and Combat Advantage Bonus --- have to farm tiamat for this just takes time
  • iarus87iarus87 Member Posts: 62
    edited January 2015
    ...it costs 800 zen for 384k AD to have 4 slots.
    edited January 2015
    Bottom Row Artifacts
    Sigil of the Devoted
    Sigil of the Hunter

Cost 0ad you have to get the characters to 60 then get them to icewind dale

Imperial Dragon Cloak or Cloak of Black Ice --- yes these 2 are expensive i know but are well worth it --- or you can farm tiamat for 15 wins and buy one or get lucky on the dragons in the well of dragons
    Girdle of Strength - for more damage --- does not cost much at all
    Horn of the Golden Dragon for main hand weapon --- have to do daily's for them and around 100k each make can get after 3 attempts
    And the offhand with Tactics slotted and Combat Advantage Bonus --- have to farm tiamat for this just takes time

If you new to the game, the build I have suggested, relative to all of the things you have suggested, is cheap. After the initial build, I have a section on gearing up beyond the initial build and all of these suggestions would fall as targets within that catagory.
    edited January 2015
    iarus87 wrote: »
    ...it costs 800 zen for 384k AD to have 4 slots.
    You can delete the character after getting the artifact as it permanently unlocks it for that account.
  • iarus87iarus87 Member Posts: 62
    edited January 2015
    You can delete the character after getting the artifact as it permanently unlocks it for that account.

Great, didn't know, thank you!
    edited February 2015
    Just pointing out that unless perma tr finally gets made impossible to build in module 6, this is definitely one of the best ways to build a character as you will still be able to achieve the same ridiculous levels of power in terms of survivability, although combat will take longer :p
  • codexiacodexia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the build. Really unsure as to what race and starter stats to aim for though. Currently my plan is to do this for the starter roll:
    15Dex/15Str/13Cha/12Int/11Con/10Wis Gives me the most starting strength possible without sacrificing int and con at the same time. Race I'm undecided on though. I have no dragonborn unfortunately. I was looking at human, as per your suggestion, but not sure which stat to increase for them. Is it better to do the +2 int now and get myself up to 14? Would put 20 int easily reachable. Tiefling, Sun Elf, Wood Elf were all considered as well for their bonuses to intelligence and still being able to get dex (or charisma in Tieflings case). Potentially even Half Orc for the dex/str, but unsure on that one. Oddly enough even dwarf might work because of the con/str.

Since initial ability scores can't be reset I really don't want to make a mistake for this choice. Which race do you think has the best scores and powers for your perma pve rogue?
    edited February 2015
    codexia wrote: »
    Thanks for the build. Really unsure as to what race and starter stats to aim for though. Currently my plan is to do this for the starter roll:
    15Dex/15Str/13Cha/12Int/11Con/10Wis Gives me the most starting strength possible without sacrificing int and con at the same time. Race I'm undecided on though. I have no dragonborn unfortunately. I was looking at human, as per your suggestion, but not sure which stat to increase for them. Is it better to do the +2 int now and get myself up to 14? Would put 20 int easily reachable. Tiefling, Sun Elf, Wood Elf were all considered as well for their bonuses to intelligence and still being able to get dex (or charisma in Tieflings case). Potentially even Half Orc for the dex/str, but unsure on that one. Oddly enough even dwarf might work because of the con/str.

Since initial ability scores can't be reset I really don't want to make a mistake for this choice. Which race do you think has the best scores and powers for your perma pve rogue?
    For my build, if you look at my list of feats you will see I have 3 points in toughness. Those 3 points came from the fact that my character is human, so if you would wish to play as a race other then human, those are the 3 I would sacrifice. However, I judged the bonus HP to be worth more then the bonus stat points.
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think you pretty much have to be human for this build - as if you werent - you'd be sacrificing your dmg bonus from strength for the extra stealth time. Unfortunately you cant sacrifice Toughness as any non-human race is only going to have 5 points at tier 4.

Personally, I would also adjust the budge build to only have 4 points in improved cunning sneak. 4 is 6.96 seconds while 5 is 7.2 seconds. 2.4 tenths of a second seem trivial to me. Especially considering how much damage you gave up. Adding 1 point in endless assault is 2% damage and healing from your smokebomb / or scoundrel training is 3% to your gloaming cut which I assume you would use... A LOT and more than likely 90% of the time your foes wont be targeting you..
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
    edited February 2015
    I think you pretty much have to be human for this build - as if you werent - you'd be sacrificing your dmg bonus from strength for the extra stealth time. Unfortunately you cant sacrifice Toughness as any non-human race is only going to have 5 points at tier 4.

Personally, I would also adjust the budge build to only have 4 points in improved cunning sneak. 4 is 6.96 seconds while 5 is 7.2 seconds. 2.4 tenths of a second seem trivial to me. Especially considering how much damage you gave up. Adding 1 point in endless assault is 2% damage and healing from your smokebomb / or scoundrel training is 3% to your gloaming cut which I assume you would use... A LOT and more than likely 90% of the time your foes wont be targeting you..

I would actually agree with you here bedlam and thanks for pointing it out. I would stick that point in endless assualt as when soloing content you guaranteed to have all enemies targeting you. When in stealth, as far as I am aware, foes are still counted as targeting you so long as you hold their aggro, even if you can't be attacked by them. I will need to test this though.
    edited February 2015
    I would actually agree with you here bedlam and thanks for pointing it out. I would stick that point in endless assualt as when soloing content you guaranteed to have all enemies targeting you. When in stealth, as far as I am aware, foes are still counted as targeting you so long as you hold their aggro, even if you can't be attacked by them. I will need to test this though.

I was worried about that - let me know if you can figure it out :( I know dev talk says "we're still on their threat table" but I dont know if that means they are "targeting" us when they have the ? above their heads.

Also i'll point out that Battlefield skulker gear while great for increasing stealth is going to be a little different in mod 6 - lifesteal is going to become a have or have-not skill so if you're going to use BFS - you'd better plan to have as much lifesteal as possible (I'm guessing you'll want around 10k lifesteal for a 25% chance - and I dont even know if that's going to be possible).
    edited February 2015
    Made it to 30 :D Having lots of fun with your guide so far. Would you recommend going down Sab for Sneaky Stabber first or going down through Executioner first?
    edited February 2015
    Made it to 30 :D Having lots of fun with your guide so far. Would you recommend going down Sab for Sneaky Stabber first or going down through Executioner first?

Sorry I didn't reply at the time, my internet was down :p I am assuming you have long since passed this point but I would have suggested exec. I will soon be doing some testing on preview as I need to update my budget build for mod 6, but no worries, I will absolutely guarantee it still meets the budget requirement :)
    edited February 2015
    I was worried about that - let me know if you can figure it out :( I know dev talk says "we're still on their threat table" but I dont know if that means they are "targeting" us when they have the ? above their heads.

Also i'll point out that Battlefield skulker gear while great for increasing stealth is going to be a little different in mod 6 - lifesteal is going to become a have or have-not skill so if you're going to use BFS - you'd better plan to have as much lifesteal as possible (I'm guessing you'll want around 10k lifesteal for a 25% chance - and I dont even know if that's going to be possible).

If at level 70 having that kind of lifesteal is viable without compromising the build then sure, otherwise I surmise smoke bomb+potb will be permanently swapped out for bns and itc, going for full perma. However, at level 70, there is no way I will still be sticking with BFS :p
    edited February 2015
    Sharp - i moved on from here - my opinion is Profound Scoundrel armor is BiS for exec TR. I currently have BFS and Draconic in inventory. BFS is a decent holdover till profound - the profound scoundrel doesnt stack crit (but has crit as it's 2set bonus) so unlike BFS that stacks a massive amount of crit you get more of what you want. Deflection is an unfortunate side-effect but it's not like it's a bad thing on a Rogue. I like Draconic for the lack of crit, overload slots, higher HP and generally higher (relevant) stats however I've become addicted to the 8 second stealth. I no longer make fun of other TR's wearing Draconic tho :P

I've also come up with a number of ways to play exec TR that you might be interested in:

1. Complete defense (perma-enough)- primary weapons smokebomb/gloaming cut : by slotting Bait and Switch, Smokebomb and ShadowStrike and wearing Battlefield Skulker you can practically avoid any damage and choose when the battlefield is right for you. Use SB to lower initial HP to under 70% for "Last Moments" and then gloam away the trash to maintain stealth, finally another SB on the elites from stealth (breaking stealth) applying Shadowstrike and gloaming away the elites. (Cant tell you how much i've used this in solo play. It is a slightly slower process than just DF, DF, DF but the mobs dont move, you dont get overwhlemed by CA, and you dont get one-shot--- I have used this a fair amount in preview, however, mod-6 is not as scary as I suspected it would be).

2. Get-in-Get-out - a little faster and more risky than the complete defense: I slot deftstrike, smokebomb and either SS or B&S. I deftstrike to the elite, drop smokebomb, gloam, re-apply stealth and usually stuff is dead. A bit faster in application and because of the deftstrike the mob has usually grouped a bit more making SB more effective. You're almost guarunteed to be hit at least once on the entry tho. I dont use this method in eLoL/eSoT (the only areas able to one-shot me). In these area's I operate more like the standard rogue and deftstrike into CA position and DF, DF, DF using my stealth abilities to avoid dmg instead of apply it.

3. High Damage- Slot Smokebomb, Daze and SS: The idea here is to take full advantage of Whirlwind to maximize smoke and daze. Always apply these encounters from stealth, using SS to refresh your stealth meter. A fair amount of risk here since you're stealth meter is drained on using both of these encounters however the damage is high. If you're trying to chase paingiver this is a good option.

All of these from a build very similar to yours - I'm not human so I have 3 in disciple of strength and 2 in cunning sneak. I'm always looking for higher damage / more effective rotation - so if anyone has insight they would like to share .. I'd love to hear it.
    edited February 2015
    Sharp - i moved on from here - my opinion is Profound Scoundrel armor is BiS for exec TR. I currently have BFS and Draconic in inventory. BFS is a decent holdover till profound - the profound scoundrel doesnt stack crit (but has crit as it's 2set bonus) so unlike BFS that stacks a massive amount of crit you get more of what you want. Deflection is an unfortunate side-effect but it's not like it's a bad thing on a Rogue. I like Draconic for the lack of crit, overload slots, higher HP and generally higher (relevant) stats however I've become addicted to the 8 second stealth. I no longer make fun of other TR's wearing Draconic tho :P

I've also come up with a number of ways to play exec TR that you might be interested in:

1. Complete defense (perma-enough)- primary weapons smokebomb/gloaming cut : by slotting Bait and Switch, Smokebomb and ShadowStrike and wearing Battlefield Skulker you can practically avoid any damage and choose when the battlefield is right for you. Use SB to lower initial HP to under 70% for "Last Moments" and then gloam away the trash to maintain stealth, finally another SB on the elites from stealth (breaking stealth) applying Shadowstrike and gloaming away the elites. (Cant tell you how much i've used this in solo play. It is a slightly slower process than just DF, DF, DF but the mobs dont move, you dont get overwhlemed by CA, and you dont get one-shot--- I have used this a fair amount in preview, however, mod-6 is not as scary as I suspected it would be).

2. Get-in-Get-out - a little faster and more risky than the complete defense: I slot deftstrike, smokebomb and either SS or B&S. I deftstrike to the elite, drop smokebomb, gloam, re-apply stealth and usually stuff is dead. A bit faster in application and because of the deftstrike the mob has usually grouped a bit more making SB more effective. You're almost guarunteed to be hit at least once on the entry tho. I dont use this method in eLoL/eSoT (the only areas able to one-shot me). In these area's I operate more like the standard rogue and deftstrike into CA position and DF, DF, DF using my stealth abilities to avoid dmg instead of apply it.

3. High Damage- Slot Smokebomb, Daze and SS: The idea here is to take full advantage of Whirlwind to maximize smoke and daze. Always apply these encounters from stealth, using SS to refresh your stealth meter. A fair amount of risk here since you're stealth meter is drained on using both of these encounters however the damage is high. If you're trying to chase paingiver this is a good option.

All of these from a build very similar to yours - I'm not human so I have 3 in disciple of strength and 2 in cunning sneak. I'm always looking for higher damage / more effective rotation - so if anyone has insight they would like to share .. I'd love to hear it.

And I agree...I never said bfs is the best, only that its the cheapest. I would definitely aim for a better set once the option is available to you though. We should do some testing together on preview together sometime though, would be beneficial to both of us. I have honestly considered draconic for perma tr set wise, however with mod 6 on the horizon I canned that idea due to the new and better sets (hopefully) becoming available. My biggest piece of advice for this build or any perma tr build though is to learn it and learn it well. The gear honestly doesn't matter much except for making things more convenient and faster, however, playing out of your comfort zone, experimenting and taking risks in order to learn and improve. Its all well and good if 1 perma build is better then another in theory vs practise dummies, the real test comes in when you put your build under pressure in actual in game scenarios.
    edited February 2015
    Yes, I capped to 60 a couple days ago actually. Glad to know you're still around ;)

I've modified my build a little bit, actually very similar to one above. At Will is now Gloaming and the ranged daggers (for dragons and the like), Daily is Lurker and the teleport one that lasts for five seconds (basically an 'Oh #$^' button), encounter is Path of Blades, Shadow Strike, and Bait and Switch. I am essentially in stealth 100% of the time, I almost never even get hit. I've essentially been able to cut out all deflection and critical hit from the build at this point and it's working amazingly well.

My only real question is how do you progress your gear score at this point other than doing instances? I want to avoid grouping as much as possible, the entire point of this build, but getting purple gear is a slow, painful process so far. I don't mind Gauntlgrym (or however its spelled) but having to Q up and wait for 5-mans is tedious. I'm only 500 GS away from my 10,000 for Tiamat and it's driving me crazy.
    edited February 2015
    Doing Dread ring daily's will gain you some purples. I wore the Tunic of the Thayan Zealot for a while ;)
    edited February 2015
    Yes, I capped to 60 a couple days ago actually. Glad to know you're still around ;)

I've modified my build a little bit, actually very similar to one above. At Will is now Gloaming and the ranged daggers (for dragons and the like), Daily is Lurker and the teleport one that lasts for five seconds (basically an 'Oh #$^' button), encounter is Path of Blades, Shadow Strike, and Bait and Switch. I am essentially in stealth 100% of the time, I almost never even get hit. I've essentially been able to cut out all deflection and critical hit from the build at this point and it's working amazingly well.

My only real question is how do you progress your gear score at this point other than doing instances? I want to avoid grouping as much as possible, the entire point of this build, but getting purple gear is a slow, painful process so far. I don't mind Gauntlgrym (or however its spelled) but having to Q up and wait for 5-mans is tedious. I'm only 500 GS away from my 10,000 for Tiamat and it's driving me crazy.

If you interested, you can add me in game and I can help you gear up by running dungeons. I am more then willingto help, running dungeons is my favourite aspect of the game.
  • ahricahric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well I tried this with my TR and few days after 60 I have the Skulker set, enchants and the blues, and it's performing well. Thank you for the thread, perma is fun and allows me to not depend on groups, which is what I wanted. :D

Could you please:

-Post any suggestion on where to start soloing? I'd like to farm for soulforged and allure.
    -Give any advice for mod6 when it is out? Maybe this makes the first question pointless.
    edited March 2015
    ahric wrote: »
    Well I tried this with my TR and few days after 60 I have the Skulker set, enchants and the blues, and it's performing well. Thank you for the thread, perma is fun and allows me to not depend on groups, which is what I wanted. :D

Could you please:

-Post any suggestion on where to start soloing? I'd like to farm for soulforged and allure.
    -Give any advice for mod6 when it is out? Maybe this makes the first question pointless.

With regards to planning for mod 6:
    The first thing you will want to do is max out your pvp currency, this way you can quickly purchase the new mod 6 stealth set, as it will be essential to have a level 70 stealth set for survivability purposes. The 2nd thing you will want to do is farm 15 linu's favour in tiamat in preperation for the mod 6 artifact cloaks, this way you can purchase them asap.

In terms of the build, in mod 6 it is changing from an executioner build to a saboteur build, for safety purposes as well as the fact that SoD is no longer as good. I am also toying around on preview with the new passives and abilities, the most notable thing I am toying with is switching potb with shadowy disappearance, however, it is unlikely to occur as a switch.

In terms of farming for those items I would recommend epic pirate king as the dungeon of choice, as you can quickly and easily blitz through it, collecting the epic items you need to generate AD. The items in castle never are worth a lot more, but in contrast, the last fight alone takes ~40 minutes to successfully solo in CN and it is difficult to play perfectly for such a long period of time.

I hope that helps :)