test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request for more foundry slots per account

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited February 2015 in The Foundry
I'm coming close to the 15 we're able to use, and I still have LOTS of more stories to tell and maps to build, I heard in STO they have many more slots for quests, and I'd love to have a way to have more.
Pretty please, cryptic? let us have more room to build the stories we want to tell, the maps we want to share, the characters we want others to see, the worlds we enjoy creating, please don't limit us in this way.
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I absolutely concur.
    I'm at the point of having to delete quests that I started but didn't finish - but might want to return to later - if I want to make anything new.
    How about tying in to the achievement system? +1 quest slot per DM rank, for instance, or for every X number of points worth of Foundry achievements.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Or sell them for zen, foundry now makes a profit and has a reason for them to improve it.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In STO, they are sold for their equivalent of Astral Diamonds. Not sure why they haven't done the same thing here.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Extra Quest Slots would be something that I would buy for Zen. Eventually. It'll be a while before I use up enough slots to need one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All someone has to do is buy one extra slot and their "no return on investment" is no longer valid. I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed before. I wonder what they'd charge?
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All someone has to do is buy one extra slot and their "no return on investment" is no longer valid. I'm surprised it hasn't been discussed before. I wonder what they'd charge?

based on existing Zen prices, I'd say 5,000 Zen per extra slot.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would have no problem buying more slots IF they're at a reasonable price. 5,000Z is not a reasonable price (which sadly doesn't mean much for cryptic...)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited February 2015
    I'd buy extra slots if the price were more in line with what you pay for extra character slots.
    I'd pay 500-1000 zen repeatedly for extra slots. I'd be hard-pressed to spend 5000 on one.
    edited February 2015
    I agree, let's hope they are thinking about this...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not at 15 yet..

but when I get there, I don't like the idea of removing ones that I've created..

and so, 1000 zen per slot seems like the limit of what I'd pay to get another.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please don't tempt them to adding new Zen paying assets to the Foundry. It will lead to it's downfall...
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
    edited February 2015
    I don't think the foundry could be any worse than now (except by being locked down forever, of course)
    I don't care if they charge or not for more slots, aslong as we get a way to get more slots.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited February 2015
    Please don't tempt them to adding new Zen paying assets to the Foundry. It will lead to it's downfall...
    We aren't talking about features, details, costumes, or encounters; we are talking about extra quest slots. You can buy extra character slots without compromising the integrity of Neverwinter Online, such as it is; buying extra quest slots will not compromise the Foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm thinking a NO here because sadly of the "bad apples" out there that would love to have 20+ quests made just for "farming stars and reviews".

15 slots should be plenty, and the old quests people seem tired of (as in nobody has played in the last 6 months to a year) can be deleted out by the individual in favor of a new exciting quest.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited February 2015
    I disagree, I work months for each one of my quests and the old ones still get plays, even I still play them because I enjoy them.
    I don't think it's too much to ask for more quest slots at all. If people want to create more farming quests, it's not our problem, cryptic is the only one who can decide to take measures against that.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Mine from the dawn of the game still get continual replays.

We have already had one increase of foundry slots, which I am very happy to see. On the same hand though, I would also like to see some sort of system where dedicated foundry authors can achieve more slots through their achievements gained by being a foundry author.
    edited February 2015
    15 slots should be plenty, and the old quests people seem tired of (as in nobody has played in the last 6 months to a year) can be deleted out by the individual in favor of a new exciting quest.

As someone who is currently at 14/15 slots used, with 11 of them being projects that I have not completed but may want to go back to, I can't stress how much I disagree with your statement.

This is Foundry, not etch-a-sketch. I'm trying to make quality, LASTING content, not some temporary fix for 20 people to play then discard.
    edited February 2015
    I completely agree, imaginaerum1. I have several unpublished quests too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited February 2015
    I have several unpublished and one slot wasted tracking/verifying all the bugs after every module.
    edited February 2015
    So far I have only published one quest (my Cult of the Dragon contest entry) but I have several others in mind lined up, including a few campaigns. I would be glad of the option for more space when the time comes.

We who are creative, & look on the creation of these adventures as a form of artistic interactive storytelling don't like the idea of someone telling us that to keep telling more stories some of our other stories have to be lost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bardaaron wrote: »
    We aren't talking about features, details, costumes, or encounters; we are talking about extra quest slots. You can buy extra character slots without compromising the integrity of Neverwinter Online, such as it is; buying extra quest slots will not compromise the Foundry.

I already knew that. I am just in disagreement with developers adding unecessary paying implements. Quest creation slots don't need to be paid for with Zen or real money, just use the same mechanic as STO does but for them to try to to ruin it in the process.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I already knew that. I am just in disagreement with developers adding unecessary paying implements. Quest creation slots don't need to be paid for with Zen or real money, just use the same mechanic as STO does but for them to try to to ruin it in the process.

Having a real money payment option though would mean that the foundry makes money, which might just mean it gets some care taken towards it, so more people pay.
    edited February 2015
    I agree that it would make *some*money. sadly, the authors that would really need and buy it would probably be only a few. that means that unless they charge way too expensively for it, it wouldn'tgive cryptic any significant money.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • lorgriuslorgrius Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree that more slots should be purchaseable. Either for zen or astral diamonds. 500z for 5 slots or 25k AD per slot would be fine with me. We ge more slots, cryptic gets cash or another AD drain. Win for all.
    Lorgrius

A Day in the Life of a Ranger
    NW-DKCE6OZVH
    The Mines of Gubasso Daily!
    NW-DN7Z5LHAR
    The Vault of Hargon Daily!
    NW-DP4X6HAEP
  • tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Even though I preferably would like it to be Astral diamonds unlock, to get connected with the paid economy - it should be a moderate zen amount, since we can still convert astrals to zen on the market.

This is possibly the best solution interrim for some actual money gain for the Foundry, hey any Devs watching this thread?
  • drtardisdrtardis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As someone who is currently at 14/15 slots used, with 11 of them being projects that I have not completed but may want to go back to, I can't stress how much I disagree with your statement.

This is Foundry, not etch-a-sketch. I'm trying to make quality, LASTING content, not some temporary fix for 20 people to play then discard.

I think local storage is the answer, here. Save foundry quests on the player's PC, and only store published quests in the cloud. This way, we can have as many unpublished quests as we want, while still having some reasonable limit to published quests.
  • drtardisdrtardis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Even though I preferably would like it to be Astral diamonds unlock, to get connected with the paid economy - it should be a moderate zen amount, since we can still convert astrals to zen on the market.

This is possibly the best solution interrim for some actual money gain for the Foundry, hey any Devs watching this thread?

Agreed. I'd like to see something like $5 for 5 slots, which would be 500 Zen or around 250,000 AD.
    edited February 2015
    drtardis wrote: »
    I think local storage is the answer, here. Save foundry quests on the player's PC, and only store published quests in the cloud. This way, we can have as many unpublished quests as we want, while still having some reasonable limit to published quests.

If they aren't farms or exploits, why does there need to be a "reasonable limit to published quests"? If I eventually publish 15 high-quality quests, why should I then have to delete one of them to publish another?
  • tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If they aren't farms or exploits, why does there need to be a "reasonable limit to published quests"? If I eventually publish 15 high-quality quests, why should I then have to delete one of them to publish another?

Indeed, it would make no sense to have to remove content to add content.
    edited February 2015
    Perhaps also a "Bonus 2 slots for each Featured quest?"

That'd be a nice little reward for striving for quality.