test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Neverwinter Hall of Records - Neverwinter RP 'Database'

bloodgambitbloodgambit Member Posts: 82 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Art and Fiction
Well folks, after a lot of time talking about making this character and roleplay database, I have finally created and mostly finished it. With the acquisition of our domain name, thanks to a generous donation from one of the players, we are now officially launching.

http://www.nw-hallofrecords.com/

Please be sure to read the rules before joining and posting. For those who are uncertain of what this is meant to be, it is a roleplaying repository for character bios and other fan-made lore and roleplay. Unlike other games' version of this (PRIMUS Database for Champions Online, for example), I have some rules laid out concerning lore-abidance. These are not strict, nor will I enforce them strictly, but they should be followed. People who have trouble with lore will be helped if they need help.

The site is meant to help people exist together in the same world, abiding by the same lore and the boundaries set by that lore. The rules are not meant to stunt creativity, but to promote an environment where everyone's RP is compatible with the RP of everyone else.

I would like to say, once more, that this is a site for roleplayers. This site does not have anything concerning game mechanics, or quests (except perhaps Foundry quests?), or gear or anything. This is purely for fan-made things. Characters, factions, storylines, things such as that.

@Maekada in-game

Formerly MaekadaFolay on the forums.
Post edited by bloodgambit on

Comments

• Options
    lambardierlambardier Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hurray! Thanks for doing this!
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lambardier wrote: »
    Hurray! Thanks for doing this!

\o/

Agreed!

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    My pleasure :)

@Maekada in-game

• Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't figure out how to make a proper character page!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Simply make a new page by typing your character's name it into the 'Search' bar and hit 'Go' (not 'Search'). It will likely come up with no direct result and 'Create the page "New Page" on this wiki!' thing. The "New Page" will have what you typed in, and will be a red link. Click that and you can create your page. Feel free to copy my design from Jezseera's page, and fill it in with your own information if you are new to wiki formatting.

@Maekada in-game

• Options
    ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This site is an excellent resource! Creating wiki pages can seem a bit daunting at first, but it's not as tricky as it looks. I'd encourage other roleplayers to check it out, and hopefully after launch it will fill up with interesting character profiles, as I love reading them. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
  • Options
    ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Schweet! Jean-Claude is done, and now to set up Rhiannon's and Slique's profiles.

But first, a nap!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well it's nice to see people getting some use out of the site :)

@Maekada in-game

• Options
    rosselohrosseloh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just wanted to bring this thread to the top - the wiki format works really well for a character database, and it's fairly easy to get into. Come on over and join us!
    Turn - Dwarf Wizard
    Turniwen - Half-orc GWF
    Turnholm Twofoot
    - Halfling Cleric of Kelemvor
    Errol Lackelir - Half-elf Rogue
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Working on my character bio at the moment. I'll be sure to join the site. Great idea & good work Bloodgambit! ;)

Edit: I understand the template provided on the site for creating a page, but it is unclear as to what/where you click to start creating your own page to begin with before you paste in the information from the template. Any help on this would be great.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Type your character's name into the 'search' bar, and hit 'go'.

You likely won't get any results, but you'll see this:

"Create the page "YourNameHere" on this wiki!"

Except it will have whatever you typed in. Click the red link. Type something in and save and the page will be created. You can either reserve the page, or simply start working on it before saving.

@Maekada in-game

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks Bloodgambit!
    sig2dz.jpg
    |
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Mhm, always happy to help. Hopefully I'll find someone willing to write a true guide on how to create a new page and profile. I don't know that I have the patience to do it, and if I did, I don't know that I would write such a guide well enough, or completely enough, to encompass all of the details required to help someone make a nice page :P

@Maekada in-game

• Options
    rosselohrosseloh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mhm, always happy to help. Hopefully I'll find someone willing to write a true guide on how to create a new page and profile. I don't know that I have the patience to do it, and if I did, I don't know that I would write such a guide well enough, or completely enough, to encompass all of the details required to help someone make a nice page :P
    I'll see what I can come up with - no guarantees, however, what with work and everything.
    Turn - Dwarf Wizard
    Turniwen - Half-orc GWF
    Turnholm Twofoot
    - Halfling Cleric of Kelemvor
    Errol Lackelir - Half-elf Rogue
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hopefully we'll get more people using it once we launch :)

@Maekada in-game

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Hopefully we'll get more people using it once we launch :)

I think it's a great asset for the community. I've been working on my own characters page: link I'd like to see more players use to too, it's interesting hitting the random page button and seeing the different characters people have put in the database.

Get involved people! ;)
    sig2dz.jpg
    |
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks xhatch. Someone recently went through and added some missing categories to pages for people (and I will continue to allow such changes in the future so long as these categories, added by someone other than the original author, are categories in my Common Categories section).

@Maekada in-game

• Options
    passivchickenpassivchicken Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow, what a great idea! Thanks gang! I have not created a web page in a very long time, but I will see what I can do.

Alright, now, let us see... what does this button do? No, that isn't it...
    "Goodnight, sweet prince, and flights of angels see thee to thy rest."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I added some forums to the site, there is a link on the Navigation bar. The forums are nothing fancy.

@Maekada in-game

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh, and for any who are interested, the Neverwinter Hall of Records is also loosely linked to the RP community called Neverwinter Roleplayers (NWRP), and the channel called NWRP, which is an OOC channel that belongs to said RP community.

@Maekada in-game

• Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Such good stuff! Way to go!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

@Maekada in-game

• Options
    k2ek2e Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for setting up this resource. Hopefully it catches on and helps unite the RP community!
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This seems like a great page, but it seems not many people are using it now, I wonder if teh RP community of NW is too small :(
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Chrome is identifying this page as malware for me, kinda scared to try it now, anyone wanna volunteer as the sacrificial lamb and test it out?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Chrome is identifying this page as malware for me, kinda scared to try it now, anyone wanna volunteer as the sacrificial lamb and test it out?

Might be dead and hacked, this thread is pretty old.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Might be dead and hacked, this thread is pretty old.

yea... don't do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!