Options

Why do you play Neverwinter?

2»

Comments

• Options
    thyralionthyralion Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because I am insane.

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Because I played too much.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I was originally attracted for the DND part but I log in every day to do a few PvPs.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    None of the above at the moment. I just log in to maintain and grow my wealth
  • Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited January 2015
    the answear is very simple there are no good mmorpg except the WoW which is very old and subcription monthly, besides that with all the grind in Nw, the game can be played casual and can be fun u dont realy need top gear to be a good dps or go some specific dungeon.
    And most of mmorpg are very bad even worst at grind then nw.
  • Options
    jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I have no idea what D&D is. I play this game because its an MMO and currently has the best combat system
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jumboyet wrote: »
    I have no idea what D&D is. I play this game because its an MMO and currently has the best combat system

This is just sad considering it's influenced pretty much every mmo and rpg ever made.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I agree charonous, but it's clear why so many people have different interests in the game, why some people are min maxers and care only for loot, while others care for stories and immersive experiences.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You show to many positives, I wouldve voted for, hanging out with hopes they fix RP system at start of mod 6, if not, then screw them and Im gone.

If you could add that vote, I will put it on.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I could say that I'm here for the forum rage and to watch the haters....hate, but I wont. :p

For me personally, I like Cryptic games. They have addictive combat systems yet are easy to get into with a strong casual flair. I play games to relax, unwind, and turn off. I don't want difficult or challenging games. I don't want the pressure of having to group or form teams and raids to accomplish something. I simply want to log on stomp some critters while feeling insanely powerful. I want the game to be easy. I want the game to be forgiving enough that I can succeed no matter how I choose to play. In this respect Cryptic, and Neverwinter, has always delivered.

The fact that its D&D with a familiar setting and deep lore, and being pretty much completely free, is just extra bonus points.
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I like the casual aspect, I don't feel pressured to log on daily which is something I find hard to do when I work certain shifts, I also love the gameplay itself, the graphics, the smooth feeling actions and animations, the general attention to detail. It's a very visual friendly game.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    bjanubjanu Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    D&D + PvP, voted for theme as pvp is too abandoned right now. Also i love the class dynamics, one of the best combat systems i have seen so far.
  • Options
    phogdogphogdog Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So what things have been cleared out?
  • Options
    gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At the beginning it was "Because it's D&D based"
    But now its the combat system,so much better than WoW(IMO)
  • Options
    sweetpwnysweetpwny Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2015
    I like the graphics. Once D&D player but that's not why I joined. Just a new MMO to check out. PVP is fun and never gets old because the players make it fun and challenging. The dungeons are fun too. Still enjoy running tier 2's. Tiamat is, okay. Sick of doing it.
  • Options
    cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    DnD and action mmo style rather than tab target style.

Chicken dinner!
  • Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I didn't vote cause the reason I play Neverwinter is

my guild!

Not the PvP, the story nor any other reason. The people I met and talk to on a daily basis are better than anything and carried me through meaningless content for a long time.

Most have left though... Guess we will find another home.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I love dungeons and dragons. I'd rather it follow 2nd edition or 3rd edition rules instead of its own thing, but Neverwinter is still darn tootin fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gman118 wrote: »
    At the beginning it was "Because it's D&D based"
    But now its the combat system,so much better than WoW(IMO)

I think both combat systems have pluses and minuses. I actually play both Neverwinter and WoW and consider them entirely different MMO styles despite being both fantasy RPGs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    zshikara wrote: »
    I love dungeons and dragons. I'd rather it follow 2nd edition or 3rd edition rules instead of its own thing, but Neverwinter is still darn tootin fun.
    Though 4e always felt kind of video-gamey, so I'm kinda glad it got one. This is where 4e belongs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A friend who I cared about passed away and used to play neverwinter nights as well as a couple of others I know online. I was pondering about playing, and when one friend told me to, I did. Initially I had fun, but I guess that Neverwinter experience is very different from what I played initially for. I keep playing to build up my AD and pretty much no other reason.

What I used to like was the PvE and how you could progress well doing so, however I feel like that's not realistic anymore.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I voted everything except the storyline. It really seems the weakest part of the game. In part I understand that it's because it's a MMO, however there are a few MMOs with an enjoyable lore and storyline out there. (at least in part)