test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weekly Foundry Reviews -- January 28, 2015

tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
I didn't get around to writing up last week's adventures, so I combined them with this week's for a mega-double dose of Foundry fun! And it's waiting for you at the other end of this link right here. Enjoy!

We played:

A Missing Man - CotW:1 by @redneckrobin
Part 3: Idol Hearts by @Kithlis
Part 4: Fallen Idols by @Kithlis
The Flame Keeper - Act 1 by @Locksheon
Isle of the Nine Maidens by @wildgeas
Nim’sha’s Storm by @DoctorBadger
The Dwarves of Crystal Pass by @sylvialynn
The Tale of Adlershire by @bublex123
dec2014nwsig.png
Post edited by tipadaknife on

Comments

• xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yey!
    I was afraid that you stop doing that. Glad I was wrong. Good read as always.
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Darn it, I let myself get killed a bunch of times on that undersea map since I was worried that the respawn point might do that. I never had it happen to me unfortunately so I thought I was in the clear. I'll have to leave it until the voting is completed however.

There aren't a lot of options for sea encounters. I altered lizardfolk to make sahuagin but there isn't a whole lot we can do. The test server has a bunch of new water based encounters on it for the Elemental Evil module so I'm looking forward to having access to those!

Thanks for playing!
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just a question, how do you decide which foundry quests to review? at random? form topics in this forums? posted in the foundry review topic? I'd love to have my new one "the castle gates" reviewed and see how I can improve on it. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    melinden wrote: »
    There aren't a lot of options for sea encounters. I altered lizardfolk to make sahuagin but there isn't a whole lot we can do. The test server has a bunch of new water based encounters on it for the Elemental Evil module so I'm looking forward to having access to those!

Ooo.... water-based critters. I hope we get those as Foundry assets. :)
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's quite a large abundance of quest reviews this week. An interesting read no doubt.
    Ooo.... water-based critters. I hope we get those as Foundry assets. :)

Agreed. I hope sometime in the future they introduce flying creatures as well. Not just hovering imps but the actual aviation. However, I can see how this is unlikely but would be an interesting possibility.

As for the water based. There is a limit on water based maps, even if you custom create your own watery maps, the NPCs would have to be designed to hover rather than swim if it is underwater based but I can see the potential for this. Even with most water details basically just floor puddles and the ocean does has some view depth.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
    edited January 2015
    It isn't that hard to get a "hover", I just changed the stance to "Imp" and they hover.
    edited January 2015
    The underwater map is awesome by the way, love the way some people think outside of the box :)
    edit: why is the final chest INSIDE a box? I couldn't access it and had to exit the quest. I'ts a pity because it was very well done and I wanted to give it a review...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited January 2015
    You must have killed Nim'sha. Did you follow the Chancellor's instructions and find the stop-gap measure until the new Waveservant arrives?
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mostly Kasul and I try to browse through the NEW tab, because we're hoping to find fresh quests that few people have played. But since the NEW and FOR REVIEW tabs are so drowned with endless, endless farm quests, it's tough. If there's an interesting quest in these forums, I choose it sometimes. Mostly I am looking for quests with strong story elements that have an interesting description and decent reviews.

If we just chose quests at random, all we'd get are the 95% of quests that aren't worth playing. Not fun to play, not fun to write about.

My #1 desire for the foundry is a better search tool so we can more easily ignore the kinds of quests we don't want to play -- which for me, would be the farm quests, or the simple tedious combat maps. Of course we pretty often accidentally choose tedious simple combat maps, but those aren't always bad. The Dwarves of Crystal Pass had some very nice handcrafted maps, for instance, and The Isle of the Nine Maidens had an interesting premise, for all that they were just combat quests.

I just want a way to hide all the sploit maps, the arenas (and I know there are good arenas out there; I just won't choose any for our foundry night), the farms, and let me find the great quests.

Kasul and I are currently trying to find older quests where we only played the first chapter, and continue on with those.
    dec2014nwsig.png
    edited January 2015
    yeah, I killed her, I read that the chancellor said something about a druid that wasn't powerful enough to stop the storm, but didn't see instructions for anything, I must have skipped it.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited January 2015
    He tells you to go find him in the cave under the telescope.
  • kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I didn't get around to writing up last week's adventures, so I combined them with this week's for a mega-double dose of Foundry fun! And it's waiting for you at the other end of this link right here. Enjoy!

We played:
    Part 3: Idol Hearts by @Kithlis
    Part 4: Fallen Idols by @Kithlis
    [etc...]

Wow! Thanks so much for the reviews and feedback :D

I definitely agree that Part 3 was the weakest link. Originally I had Parts 2+3 together, but made the hard decision to split it to accommodate the "too long" crowd. I'm still not sure it was the right choice, and pretty much agree with your comments on it - it suffers from being a "to be continued" quest, rather than a true sequel. While not easy to split, it's immensely more difficult to recombine, so I'll have to live with it as is.

Thanks again for taking a look - it's great to know that people are still finding and enjoying it a year later! Awesome job with all your reviews!

Happy questing!
    -K
  • darkestdays9darkestdays9 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi im looking for some people to review my quest.
    Name: Ocean Caverns
    @darkestdays9
    Short code: NW-DBTMEB8WF
    It's in the Review Tab. Thanks for all the help in advance i'm new to the forums.