test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Farming RP -Simple Guide.

kilden1234kilden1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 42
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
Dear all gamers,

The general idea is that there is only two ways to refine artifacts: 1) Using bots. 2)paying cash in ZEN store.

I am here to tell you that there is a 3rd way: Farming.

I know that many of you casual people just want to log on and get stuff thrown in your face, and not really want to work to get powerfull, but you whine that you are not powerfull and point fingers at people that actually spend hrs and hrs farming. I will try, in this guide, to teach you to farm, instead of just logging on the forum and whine.

This guide is about maximizing RP per hr. Getting as many RP stones to drop as possible, while providing many extra items that can also be used for refineing and on top of that making 13-14k AD per hr.

It requires that you start working on your lesser dragon horde enchantments and slowly upgrading them to Greater dragon horde enchantments. Only when you get the max 15% can you expect the results below. But the steady income of AD should help you get the dragon horde's upgraded.

It costs 2 Milion AD to refine the 5 lesser dragon hordes to 5 greater dragno hordes, and to casual players this might seam overwhelming and freankly a waste of AD, but as with all investments this will pay for it selfe many times over in RP gained.

Weather you have 5% or 15% RP find, the farming process is the same: Farm Event locations if they are up, else farm WoD. WoD has the additional benifit of random drops of WoD horde coffers that sell for 1k each on AH. I Personally farm WoD for this reason.

You will need a stopwatch to maximize your farming efforts, as the IDC of horde is 30 sec you want to always be killing mops when the ICD is off. When a RP stone drop, you reset the clock to 30s, kill off any remaining mops and wait. When the timer hits 30s, you start killing again untill you get the next drop. Rence and repeat untill you are done with all artifacts. I attack packs of mops when ever possible to minimize the time I need between drops.

My results for the last 6 hours farming today:
1st Hr: 69400 RP Points -> 79 drops / hr
2rd hour: 41100 RP poitns -> 67 drops / hr
3rd hour: 63000 RP points -> 72 drops / hr
4th hour: 82400 RP Points -> 89 drops / hr
5th hour: 69700 RP points -> 71 drops / hr
6th hour 57900 RP points -> 71 drops / hr

Total after 6 hrs of farming: 383500 RP points, and If used on RP x 2 event that is 767000 RP points!

A offhand artifact needs roughtly 4,6milion RP points, so that would ONLY take me 35 hrs to farm (70 without RP event). Now for anyone that did the insane title in wow, this 35 hrs to farm 1 artifact from scratch to legendary is a joke.

Addendum: You also get many blue drops farming, thise can also be used for refning, giving you a small, but not insignificant boost over time. I also use the weapons that drop to refine my main hand, or my pvp main hand.

Farming is not for everyone, but it is a fast way of refining your artifacts, without haveing to rely on lucky drops or pay cash in ZEN store.

TL;DR Go farm!

Best Regards.
Dax

edit: added number of drops to show efficiency
Post edited by kilden1234 on

Comments

• pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also it should be noted that green drops of the same type are also useful as RP, they give 200 RP non-crit each.

And thank you for this guide.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If I recall, not all classes have the ability to utilize 5 utility slots, no? I may be wrong but I recall seeing that only a GWF can achieve 5 slots.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    any class can equip 5 utility slots.
    edited January 2015
    any class can equip 5 utility slots.

Feet, head, arms, arti belt...which am I missing?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • kilden1234kilden1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 42
    edited January 2015
    Feet, head, arms, arti belt...which am I missing?

Cloak (neck), artifact.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    It really is nothing compared to some of my past MMO experiences. EQ 1 epic class weapons OMG shoot me.

Or the AC ring for J-Boots
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the nice guide ;)
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dragon valley? maybe you mean Well of Dragons?
  • berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It requires that you start working on your lesser dragon horde enchantments and slowly upgrading them to Greater dragon horde enchantments. Only when you get the max 15% can you expect the results below. But the steady income of AD should help you get the dragon horde's upgraded.

It costs 2 Milion AD to refine the 5 lesser dragon hordes to 5 greater dragno hordes, and to casual players this might seam overwhelming and freankly a waste of AD, but as with all investments this will pay for it selfe many times over in RP gained.

Weather you have 5% or 15% RP find, the farming process is the same: Farm Event locations if they are up, else farm dragon valley. Dragon valley has the additional benifit of random drops of Dragon horde coffers that sell for 1k each on AH. I farm Personally Dragon valley for this reason.

Sorry but casual players generally don't have 2.000.000 AD. Nothing worth more than 10k now. If you are lucky you can find artifacts to sell but we all know they are very very rare. And believe me. If we find something worth 2.000.000 AD, greater dragon hordes will be last thing to go with. And everybody knows farming lol.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This game just isn't that good enough to merit wasting that amount of time on farming. A rethink on the way RP is gained or a reduction in costs would be far more preferable.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lol, ppl that dont have 6 hours day should no play, and spend 6h killing adds just for rp its fun where?, so i do 6 hours of farming rp day to get 300k rp, its 2 weeks for 1 since theres 4 its 8 weeks 6hrs day killing adds alone every 30s. (not fun). then we add 1-2 hrs xtra each day to do dailies, + 1-2 for dungeon for some ad and soon i stop living.

or i just join the empire of bots, it so sad long in my guild and half its boting, but like they say they do 500-600k rp while sleeping, this is just getting stupid, ppl bot cuz its better than play the game, less ppl really playing means more dead height on game.

and less $ for zen cuz every guy boting will not buy zen rp.

give ppl a way to actually play the game and be able to get artifacts high in a decent time. why not trade seals of drake for rp, like 100 seals a blue sapphire or 250 an ophal. or let rp drop in final chest buy key = ad sink + ppl doing dungeons and lv artifacts.

and RP on foundries should be banned just no more AFK bots, i want a game where ppl play the game not where half its just spleeping/whatching tv.

the problem its not the system of RP it self but the amount of artifact needing rp at same time it jump from 2 to 4 in the time u couldn't even make 1 orange even less 2-4.

now ppl want ring so 2 more the rp its not enough to refine 2 but ppl want 6, if that come life in mod& will be more ppl boting that really playing. make a rp jackpot on lock boxes not bound and ppl start opening boxes and rp item will be available to all at a decent price instead of making ppl that bot and destroy the economy when rp was not bound, more rich cuz they still selling bot rp and what punishment did they got?

bound rp item? was that a punishment to them or us? cuz the bot rp they were selling for 8k its now 100k+ and legit player are now more rp stuck than ever.
  • kilden1234kilden1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 42
    edited January 2015
    I agree that the refining interface badly needs an update.
    I disagree that 2.000.000 AD is alot, even for new players, if you save up, refine your 24K AD each day and have a few alts running leadership missions you can get that in a month.
    I would say it has never been easyer to get Loads of AD very fast, if you work for it. Just farm Heralds every hr, and split the BoE epic items on a few chars to salavge them and all refine 24k a day very easy.
    edited January 2015
    kilden1234 wrote: »
    I disagree that 2.000.000 AD is alot, even for new players, if you save up, refine your 24K AD each day and have a few alts running leadership missions you can get that in a month. But atlas, people want to start the game and have BiS instant without any work required.

New players? Few alts and level 20 leadership to make 24k AD everyday. I don't think so... You have to pay for that.
  • longstrider7longstrider7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I disagree that 2.000.000 AD is alot, even for new players, if you save up, refine your 24K AD each day and have a few alts running leadership missions you can get that in a month.
    I would say it has never been easyer to get Loads of AD very fast, if you work for it. Just farm Heralds every hr, and split the BoE epic items on a few chars to salavge them and all refine 24k a day very easy.

Maybe you havent noticed, but...
    - leadership isnt lvled to max in a week
    - economy is broken, you cant earn any large amount on anything
    - you can get MAX 24k out of one dude with leadership a day at lvl 20.
    - To get "a few alts running leadership missions" you need to acctually spend time on them, wont get much out of a lvl 11 standing around with 2 slots opened in the profession. Things like this takes time. I have over 20 toons on my account with 20 leadership, most of them i lvled to 11 and prayed/leadership`ed my way to 60. It takes a "little while." - trust me, i know.
    - You gotta spend cash to buy character slots
    - last: Really? A new player, 2 mill easy?? HAHAHA!! I have been a newbie. We all have. I am really good at making AD. It took me a lot of months to even have a mill on my account. And now with this economy its even harder. Realitycheck.
    edited January 2015
    berhudarol wrote: »
    New players? Few alts and level 20 leadership to make 24k AD everyday. I don't think so... You have to pay for that.

So let me get this streight:

You dont want to do dalies.
    you dont want to farm
    you dont want to lvl alts
    you dont want to lvl leadership
    you dont want to hunt heralds

but you want full legendary gear?

Im i really the only one that seen an issue with this? Play the game, work for your items instead of just logging on and expecting free stuff. If you want want to get alts it will take longer.
    edited January 2015
    Maybe you havent noticed, but...
    - To get "a few alts running leadership missions" you need to acctually spend time on them, wont get much out of a lvl 11 standing around with 2 slots opened in the profession. Things like this takes time. I have over 20 toons on my account with 20 leadership, most of them i lvled to 11 and prayed/leadership`ed my way to 60. It takes a "little while." - trust me, i know.
    - last: Really? A new player, 2 mill easy?? HAHAHA!! I have been a newbie. We all have. I am really good at making AD. It took me a lot of months to even have a mill on my account. And now with this economy its even harder. Realitycheck.

You dont need 2 million to get started farming RP, you just need 1 lesser dragon horde and that is 33k of AH if you to lazy to do the campain, else its 20k. I think many ppl here are jsut lazy, I did the campains slowly over 2-3 months focusing on two at a time. I am no super hero, and If I can do it, I do belive that 99.99% of all people on the planet can do it.

Please remember the topic, instead of focusing on that 2 million. I dont expect people to have 2 milion instant.

Remember It costs 0.5 million for that final refineing from epic to legendary, per artifact, and you have 7 :) .. so i really dont see 2 million as much in that comparison and its a drop in the ocean when looking at the total cost for a full r10/perfectx2/7 legend char. (I think that is 48 million AD or something in that ballpark)
    edited January 2015
    So let me get this streight:

You dont want to do dalies.
    you dont want to farm
    you dont want to lvl alts
    you dont want to lvl leadership
    you dont want to hunt heralds

but you want full legendary gear?

Im i really the only one that seen an issue with this? Play the game, work for your items instead of just logging on and expecting free stuff. If you want want to get alts it will take longer.

I have 3 chars all level 60 and min 17k gs. I know how to play this game and i give my time more than 8 hours a day. I am not saying you don't have to give your time. I am just disagree with your statement here:
    I disagree that 2.000.000 AD is alot, even for new players, if you save up, refine your 24K AD each day and have a few alts running leadership missions you can get that in a month. But atlas, people want to start the game and have BiS instant without any work required.

Because...(longstrider7 explained this)

We all farm But not with %10 or %15
    with %4.
    edited January 2015
    berhudarol wrote: »
    We all farm But not with %10 or %15
    with %4.

.. And that is fine aswell, but not optimal for RP farming, wich is the point on this thread.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am not fine with running mindless content over and over for it though. Evryone is here to have fun, that should be common ground for us all.

Exactly. Currently Cryptic has sentenced us casual players to YEARS of mindless grinding.

I still don't have a single Black Ice gear and I've been playing since beta.
    I also only play a couple/few hours on weekends - it took me many months to mind-numbingly grind my way thru Dread Ring over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again just so I could unlock IWD.

If it weren't for my foundry addiction, I'd have bailed on this game loooooong ago.
  • robotpolisrobotpolis Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Meh. I play at least 2-3 hours per day. I've played for 1 year+ and have never even had 1mil, it always went somewhere.
    And yup, I do professions. I use gateway but it's not even lvl 20 yet.
    Off course we all know about farming and all, but I would prefer to spend my time with my friends instead of mindlessly clicking around.
    Why would people want to go to mindless boring grindfest while bots do that better (im not supporting it but thats the scenario)?

I'm a tank, grinding is never fun for me. Yea, you can create a new dps char, but I dont want to spend another 1 year+ to get to the same boon/equips/AD as my main.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not to derail this thread too much - some of my characters are near the unicorn/drake seal caps - let me spend those on refining items, (and not just purple gear - actual refining stones).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited January 2015
    Moderator Notice:

We've pruned this thread and edited the OP to retain the constructive points. Please keep in mind the Rules of Conduct when posting.

Also, stay on topic please. If the 3rd option this guide details isn't for you, then this thread isn't for you either.

Please do not reply to this moderator notice, as doing so isn't allowed. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation. Thanks!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't farm if I can avoid it. I usually do.

Some advice:

- Never complain about Green Loot. Green Loot has gotten me plenty of gold, and loads of artifact refine material. Green loot in Profession items has netted me a fair amount of AD. Green Loot is your buddy! If you are limited on bag space then prune it down to keeping just weapons as these can be worth more.

- Always check Skill Nodes, even in the lowbie areas. There are valuables in there for Refinement/ Professions. I can save a fortune on Residuum and Marks this way.

- Using ONE enchant that nets Refinement items, or even those Bags of _____ helps. You don't need replace them all in the Utility slots. Things will drop just as you normally go about the day.

- Refine a little every day and it all adds up. I pick up the Green Common rank lvl 60 items in the higher areas, and use those to refine my artifact weapons. One is over purple rank, and the second one is close behind. My catalogue has about 8 1/2 ranks to go as of today till Legendary. My other two Artifacts are Epic.

- Occasionally check over your Companions that are Idle to see if they got any runestones you really don't need to leave on them that you could use for refinement instead. Just keep the ones you can rotate out over 5 companions on the currently Active companions.

- Watch the Auction House for bargains. Saves time, and AD.

If any of this is a repeat - apologies. :)
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited January 2015
    I don't farm if I can avoid it. I usually do.

Some advice:

- Never complain about Green Loot. Green Loot has gotten me plenty of gold, and loads of artifact refine material. Green loot in Profession items has netted me a fair amount of AD. Green Loot is your buddy! If you are limited on bag space then prune it down to keeping just weapons as these can be worth more.

- Always check Skill Nodes, even in the lowbie areas. There are valuables in there for Refinement/ Professions. I can save a fortune on Residuum and Marks this way.

- Using ONE enchant that nets Refinement items, or even those Bags of _____ helps. You don't need replace them all in the Utility slots. Things will drop just as you normally go about the day.

- Refine a little every day and it all adds up. I pick up the Green Common rank lvl 60 items in the higher areas, and use those to refine my artifact weapons. One is over purple rank, and the second one is close behind. My catalogue has about 8 1/2 ranks to go as of today till Legendary. My other two Artifacts are Epic.

- Occasionally check over your Companions that are Idle to see if they got any runestones you really don't need to leave on them that you could use for refinement instead. Just keep the ones you can rotate out over 5 companions on the currently Active companions.

- Watch the Auction House for bargains. Saves time, and AD.

If any of this is a repeat - apologies. :)

Although helpful, I do believe this is a guide for farming RP :P
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Although helpful, I do believe this is a guide for farming RP :P

It applies because it makes claims of efficiency. 2MAD and 40 hours. As many have commented they lack the play time to actually enjoy content and farm that much. Arguably with 2MAD buying low and selling high on the AH and ZAX you could 'farm' enough RP to upgrade an artifact as well.
    edited January 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Exactly. Currently Cryptic has sentenced us casual players to YEARS of mindless grinding.

35 hrs per artifact is hardly years.. Actually it is only 0,004 % of year, give or take :)

Addendum: i hope we can refine dragons horde to r12 getting 25% RP chance. That would be nice :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    It applies because it makes claims of efficiency. 2MAD and 40 hours. As many have commented they lack the play time to actually enjoy content and farm that much. Arguably with 2MAD buying low and selling high on the AH and ZAX you could 'farm' enough RP to upgrade an artifact as well.
    Yeah, we discussed that. They way I explained it was to read that as additional tips while farming for RP. That's how I took it anyway. :)
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Yeah, we discussed that. They way I explained it was to read that as additional tips while farming for RP. That's how I took it anyway. :)

Heh, that 2 milion comment in my OP really have people worried, but to min/max it is needed.
    5% is fine to get started and you will see efforts double if you upgrade to 10%
    ..and again increased to x 3 (compared to 5%) if upgrading all the way to 15%.

So takeing rought results in to account and using RP duing x2 RP event
    .. and If you have:

5% Horde it will take you approx 70 hrs to farm RP for 1 artifact using this guide.
    10% Horde it will take you approx 52,5 hrs to farm RP for 1 artifact using this guide.
    15% Horde it will take you approx 35 hrs to farm RP for 1 artifact using this guide.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Heh, that 2 milion comment in my OP really have people worried, but to min/max it is needed.
    5% is fine to get started and you will see efforts double if you upgrade to 10%
    ..and again increased to x 3 (compared to 5%) if upgrading all the way to 15%.

So takeing rought results in to account and using RP duing x2 RP event
    .. and If you have:

5% Horde it will take you approx 70 hrs to farm RP for 1 artifact using this guide.
    10% Horde it will take you approx 52,5 hrs to farm RP for 1 artifact using this guide.
    15% Horde it will take you approx 35 hrs to farm RP for 1 artifact using this guide.

And u took data for those results from? xD

I remember having 5% in foundries back in days when those was not restricted by 2m ICD, even there sometimes i needed to kill 3 pulls of 47 mobs (thank u Mystra, for blessing of uncaped iT of my CW) before i got next RP item... i think in places like Well of Dragons ~150 mobs is like 30 pulls, if one is gwf he can aggro like 5 pulls (so 25 mobs) and kill them, but it takes around 1 min at least (pulling + killing) and u need to repeat this 6 more times to get next rp item (ofc its worst case scenario). I would say i need to kill 4-8 pulls of 5 mobs with my 5% drop chance to get my rp item, even say its 20s for pull (running to pull and killing it) its still 80-160s. If im doing this as cw i dont dare to grab more than 3 pulls at once, if i dont have OF rdy i will spend most of time dodging, not killing. As gwf its accutaly easyer, but then, assasin drakes dont want to come to close, white ones same, u r spendning big amout of time in running, not killing.

And im telling this as 19.5k gs gwf and 17.5k cw. When i see all those gwf's in elol with 15k gs and dps at 1/10 of my Zahh'kain i think they need like 30sec at least to kill one pull(+running) and they will never dare to take 5 pulls of those adds at once (even i must use a potion somtimes).

When "changes" to LS and regen will hit, it will be much worse.

U math is worth nothing here, coz u r not taking half of indicators into account.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain