test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Send New Authors to the Quest Database Forum

melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Foundry
Just a note to the more experienced authors: recently I've noticed a bunch of new(er) authors on the Foundry Zone chat who didn't know about the Quest Database subforum. You may want to let them know they should post their quests there for reviews and comments.

I imagine I'm not alone in that if I'm working on the Foundry I want to do -that-, not review. So when people ask for reviews in Zone chat I'm unlikely to play that quest. Also, without a quest thread we can't leave the detailed reviews that everyone really needs to improve their work.

If you ARE a new author, please post your quests to that subforum up above and we'll get your comments to you.

-@DoctorBadger, who would rather comment on Foundry quests than student essays, so post some new quests!
Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
(Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Oh, you're right, I'll definitely mention it in foundry zone chat, thanks for the idea.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What chat channel are folks using? The ones I'm subscribed to from the early days aren't active.
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just the Foundry Zone chat. The custom channels haven't been used in almost a year, since Neverwinter1776 vanished. *sad face*
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That is /Foundry, the one that is shared with STO? Thanks. I'll make sure I have it highly visible.
    edited January 2015
    No, just the chat you are in when you are in the 3D editor (and in the Chat button in 2D). It isn't shared as far as I know. I would imagine I would have heard the STO folks if it was.
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Though this would be an excellent idea for convenience and management of forum postings, if there are authors like myself who like to http link their posts to the quest names in their signature banners, it would misdirect a lot of readers trying to find it. I'd rather make a it's own post so it can be quickly read and done with than scrolling through pages just to find one quest. Both types have their conveiences and drawbacks but it depends on personal use. They could be linked through the sub-forum but that may be considered as time wasting.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
    edited January 2015
    You seem to misunderstand me: I'm asking them to -do exactly that-: create a thread for their quest in the Quest Database subforum.
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    probably are misunderstanding. You want them to go to the Community Review Request Forum or the main Quest database itself? If you intend to direct authors to post in the sticky posted review request forum then my previous post still stands. I knew it was in the general area of the 'Foundry Quest Database' but assumed you were referring to the sub-subforum.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
    edited January 2015
    I believe those are most often referred to as threads and the title of that thread you linked is "Review Request Thread (Forms/Spreadsheets)"

That specific thread isn't very useful anymore and is almost never used. Often that is where users with new forum accounts post (since they cannot start new threads).

For those who can start new threads the long standing convention is that each quest receives its own thread.