test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crossroads to Adventure... (Feedback Thread)

myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
So now that it's complete and all I will leave this as a spot for Feedback and such after play throughs.

Be sure to also mark which Path the feedback is for since all 3 paths are seperate adventures

So for example Blackrock Kingdom -- I found etc etc..., Ever-Reaching Swamp -- This was etc etc...
Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
Post edited by myrkolith on

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just finished the Scale Forest (the kobold quest). I found a few issues:

- There's an extra teleporter in the first forest (northeastern part before you get to the "day 16" book). It teleports you inside a rock in the northwest.

- In the final map, there's a box that lets you get the "guard key". If you use it to activate the wrong crystal, then when you finish the kobold quest you can't get through the door to the final chest room. I had to click "return to previous map" to go back to PE, travel to the final map, then do it again before it would reset so I could avoid activating the wrong crystal.

- After you defeat the second wave of undead surrounding the final boss (the one with the deathlock wight), you can wind up on the inside of the barrier instead of on the outside. It's not catastrophic since you can still interact with it.

- In the "interim" phase where you have to walk between the menhirs to talk to the strange old guy, it's not clear which way to go. I thought I was really stuck behind invisible walls at first. You might want to put in some visual cues to herd the player along the right path -- maybe some foliage would do?

- In the very beginning when you're still choosing your quest path, there is a lot of texture clipping/interference on the surrounding walls. In my Foundry I dealt with that by slightly offsetting alternating pieces, say by 0.01 so they wouldn't exactly line up. It's not visually noticeable but it eliminates the weird texture clipping.

I really enjoyed the humor in the dialogue. It was nice to be on the kobolds' side for a change!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I played with my level 60 DC. I think this is a well-constructed technically advanced foundry. Because of the way you set it up the story (or stories I would guess) is somewhat secondary. This must have taken many many hours to build and I’m impressed by what you accomplished with it.

Detailed notes:

-DM message and in other places: “seperate” should be “separate”
    -in dialogue with the Old Man: “Each land has it’s own struggles” should be “its” with no apostrophe (the “it’s” immediately after that is correct).
    -I went to the Ever-Reaching Swamp
    -in the description: “He motions and a bag appears within the braziers flames” it should be “brazier’s” since the flames belong to it.
    -it would be nice if some of the encounters were wandering or patrolling
    -I like the details in the cave
    -I somehow missed Gormac on the original map so I was somewhat confused about the story
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey guys thanks for the reviews, sorry I've been busy working on my 5th Foundry so I kept forgetting to check back here. So far people seem to be enjoying it and the multiple storylines. Also yeah it took a ton of work to build, it was basically like building 3 Foundry adventures.

I keep updating as I go along so I'll try to make corrections
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy