test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

can 2 compaions have same name?

friendme32friendme32 Member Posts: 41
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Can 2 companiosn of differnt kind have same name? like cheap 2g defender and cheap 2g dog can i name them the same?
Post edited by friendme32 on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    One George...two Georges!? Three Georges!?

By George! I am such a lucky Dummassa Rock to have found THREE GEORGES. N' look George I also found two cuddly pets that I named after my bestest best friend in the world, George!

Georges_zps828b8ab0.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Aye, as Ambi has shown with his George army, it is indeed possible. Companion names are not unique. I myself have all my sprites and sylphs named the same across many toons, as though they're the same being.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    George Army? There is but one George, George! You just take many shapes and sizes. You are a master of disguise that way George! Doncha know?! That's why I love you so much George!

*sings his I love George song*
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    George Army? There is but one George, George! You just take many shapes and sizes. You are a master of disguise that way George! Doncha know?! That's why I love you so much George!

*sings his I love George song*
    Well, if you would hug and squeeze them so much, they wouldn't meld together! Just imagine, you could have a George army!
    edited January 2015
    That's a good point George. I suppose I could just kiss all the Georges... *drools*

...Okay that's it from me. Sorry friendme32 but your question was just a perfect opportunity to have fun as my favorite roleplaying character while answering the question. ;)
  • skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lol Ambi, you need to change your avatar to Benny the Cat. Your posts reminded me of a few cartoons from way back when.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7cor7_hoppy-go-lucky_shortfilms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArNz8U7tgU4

I may be wrong but i think there are two other characters with the same personality as Benny the Cat, but don't quite remember their names to look them up.
    I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
    edited January 2015
    I modeled my character, Dummassa Rock, as a mix of all the Lenny references over the years which were prominently referenced in cartoons such as you posted. All of those cartoons, Bugs and Thugs and (I forget which one this is but it's extremely iconic for this line) are all actually all models of/references to John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men.

It's a great read if you ever get a chance. Or you can cheat and watch the movie staring Leiutenant Dan--I mean Gary Sinese. Lenny's dream.

But instead of making him big and strong I made him short and strong out of pure stupidity, disturbing but so sweet you couldn't possibly not laugh.

Everybody he meets is George. Even women. All monsters are badies and he must fight them to protect George. He is constantly drooling and is completely and utterly unkempt...and unable to resist hugging and kissing all Georges he meets. To top it off he wears pink. And he's so ignorant that even when he is insulted or hurt by George he just keeps smiling and either apologizing for disappointing George or saying George is tickling him a little too hard.

Even the name "Dummassa Rock" is what George told him his name was. The first George he met after his accident must have told him "You are Dumb as a Rock" and poor Dummy listened to his bestest best friend George the best that he could.
  • friendme32friendme32 Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2015
    thank yo vvmuh
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015

By George! I am such a lucky Dummassa Rock to have found THREE GEORGES. N' look George I also found two cuddly pets that I named after my bestest best friend in the world, George!

Georges_zps828b8ab0.png

Say what you will about him, but he certainly DOES make an excellent Grill...............

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • floppyslipperfloppyslipper Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015

LOL you name your pets as I do. I have so many Georges. I do like to distinguish between them tho, to make them feel special. So there is (of course) George, George Two, Another George, Grumpy George, Short George etc and the females Georgette, Georgina, and so on.