Install Arc

Rise of Corruption Campaign

idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Rise of Corruption:

Main ID: NWS-DEV6729IR This ID may not work

Revelation (part 1): NW-DNJWJ6GNS
Destiny (part 2): NW-DG4CZF9PN

My first quest campaign foundry. Although this is my first 'published' foundry quest, it has been updated many times.

Rise of Corruption is a story, lore and combat based quest with some dynamic choice dialog. The dialog does not change the quest line however.

Considerations:
•This quest is reading and combat heavy but fairly easy, however the first area's in each part have no combat. This is more dialog driven however.
•For the second part "Destiny", ranged magical damage types are preferred as it's more ethical to the story.
•You will need a decent amount of potions (mainly in 'Destiny') to complete the campaign due to the above reason of hard combat.

I do plan to release more over time but I'm hoping for now that this will be at least enjoyable and look forward to the feedback on it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and look forward to review.
Neverwinter
STO
Smite
SWTOR
Post edited by idiotamongus on

Comments

• learthhochlearthhoch Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey, I got stuck at the final confrontation when you are supposed to break free of the orb. I had to use a scroll to teleport out, because I could see no way forward and no way out. I tried clicking on several things but I was stuck for about half an hour. I'm afraid to go back in there because I don't have any more teleport scrolls and I don't understand how to progress. I even tried using the medallion. Can you help me with some information so I don't get trapped in there? I'm not going back to finish it unless I know I can do so safely without my character being trapped.
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    learthhoch wrote: »
    Hey, I got stuck at the final confrontation when you are supposed to break free of the orb. I had to use a scroll to teleport out, because I could see no way forward and no way out. I tried clicking on several things but I was stuck for about half an hour. I'm afraid to go back in there because I don't have any more teleport scrolls and I don't understand how to progress. I even tried using the medallion. Can you help me with some information so I don't get trapped in there? I'm not going back to finish it unless I know I can do so safely without my character being trapped.

Many people have had to use teleport scrolls. This is something I'm still trying to work on. When you approach the final boss, some have said to not move after dialog completion. I have managed to complete it flawlessly several times, however this doesn't come to much as I did make the thing. I'd have to figure out, do you get stuck inside or outside the orb? I could pinpoint where it went wrong.

If you get stuck again, there is a 'leave quest button' at the bottom left of the map (symbol of an exit door). It saves wasting tele-scrolls.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Rise of Corruption: Revelation

I played with my level 60 DC. You may want to indicate in the description that this is this uses original lore that is not from the Forgotten Realms. I get the impression you may have rushed this quest. I recommend going back, cleaning up the extra space and making the space that remains more interesting. You also want to spend some more time editing this material.

Frinko’s Dialogue:

When I ask Who is it? The answer should be “This person says it’s very urgent and requires you specifically.” Some typos and grammar issues in the original.
    Where do I need to go: “Headquarters” is one word and it’s “Protector’s Enclave” with the apostrophe S
    OK, Frinko tells me to go to the Guard Headquarters and then doesn’t know the city it is in? This doesn’t seem logical since HE is a guard. Either you need to make it clear this is another group of people or I think you are missing a line a dialogue. As the next quest objective is to go to the Neverwinter Guard HQ it seems a line is missing.

Guard HQ:

-the door is floating away from the wall. And you may want to move it from the corner, the poor guard in the corner is really shoved in there.
    -the HQ seems rather barren and tiny for as many guards as there are. Maybe some decorative doors to indicate there are other rooms and hallways.
    -in the letter from the hooded man “civilisation” is misspelled (I’m guessing you are not in the US, otherwise you will want a Z in civilization)

Airship:

-I liked that you used the elf interiors for the airship.
    -the door is floating away from the wall
    -the chest at the end of the hall is floating and sticking into the wall
    -good use of music

Airship/Outside Deck:

-You have a lot of map transitions here for very little time on each map. I would recommend making the interior and exterior one map. You can use a Room Builder Map, add the ship, add some effects to mimic the outside and then use a teleporter between the inside and outside of the ship. That will save you a couple of transitions.

Spire City Keep:

-You may want to turn the door to the first room so the push animation works
    -That maid needs some pants. How is she going to get anything done without real clothes?
    -You should add some banners, pictures, and other details. The Crypt Rooms are very monochromatic and it takes some effort to spruce them up a bit.
    -the guards after the maid should be moved in from the wall a little bit, right now their feet are in the curb that runs the edge of those rooms.
    -I would recommend cutting some of these long empty rooms and hallways out if the player is just running through them. This only got worse as the quest went on. I really wanted to ride my horse to get through them all.
    -Why does the throne room have sarcophagi in it? Did you auto populate the details?
    -the rug is floating off the floor.
    -the door at the other end is floating from the wall. You may want to make this a false door so it looks like it has a proper door frame. It also can open right now and since there is just wall behind it that is very odd.

Vesirus Dialogue:

-“You must understand that we are trying to protect the city from any harm that may come its way”, you currently have “it’s” but since that sentence doesn’t work with “it is”, it doesn’t use an apostrophe. Same with the following sentence.
    -Wow, this is one cold am considering I am killing off his family. Some more…emotion? explanation? acting like a human? might be nice.
    -“Outcast” is also the past tense for “outcast” not “outcasted”. Because English is weird.
    -This whole “secret” about my character’s life is a little odd since I know what her background is since….she’s my character? That really turned me off to the story.
    -“nieve” should be “naive”. Because English is weird.
    -Wait, he says I am the last of the bloodline but it has already been established I have a younger brother and sister….?

Final Fight:

-after defeating the boss and when talking to Vella 2 music pieces are overlapping
    -the final chest is floating off the ground.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    melinden wrote: »
    1.You may want to indicate in the description that this is this uses original lore that is not from the Forgotten Realms. I get the impression you may have rushed this quest. I recommend going back, cleaning up the extra space and making the space that remains more interesting. You also want to spend some more time editing this material.

2.Some typos and grammar issues in the original... I’m guessing you are not in the US, otherwise you will want a Z in civilization

1. I am aware of the lore holes. This is my first Foundry and at this point hadn't been past level 47. Perhaps I should have done some more research before designing the story.

2. Spelling and grammar errors are something I am also aware of but thank you for pointing this out. Before first publish, I had re-read the dialog after typing, however I am a fast typer and with a somewhat dynamic choice dialog, it's hard to pinpoint all of them. And yes I did use UK spelling. I assumed that the 'Dragon' Server was EU, not US or global, however I am still relatively new to Neverwinter (since Nov last year) so a learning curve is expected and quite frankly I didn't run it through a spell check.

3.Floating objects:
    The doors where initially not 'Fake Doors' as this was my first ever published Foundry and was still on the learning curve so I used door details insteaed. This will be swiftly rectified along with other details that need attention.

As for general detail, I am not the best artist with it but it will not be an excuse for the lack of attention to the maps. If I can figure out what to put in or how to improve it, I will do so.

I'm grateful for the detailed attention you have put into this.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR