test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Imbalance] Shocking Execution bugged!

dukasmordukasmor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
Hey Guys,
I am an excessive pvp player, max geared. I am playing premades for over a year. I am around since beta and have played every class in pvp (except SW). I am not a whiner, and I dont want to nerf a class. But there are issues that have to be solved, NOW!
Pls dont write in this thread if you just have to say "L2p" "get gear" ....

Shocking Execution: It ignores almost every defense mechanic, like tenacity, DR and so on. Its ridiculous. Its not a minor bug or issue. Its GAMEBREAKING! My TR can hit for over 40k (against BiS pvp players), while having 5k less gs than my opponent.
It also cant be dodged, basically! Despite the claims of some inexpirienced players, a decent TR will use shocking execution only if the target is dazed (= defenseless). The initial daze can also NOT be dodged! Why? Simple, the activation time is too fast. Not to speak about the auto proccing from feats or daze from stealth (SS).... Short: If a TR wants to daze you, he is able to do so; daze = defenseless = target of shocking execution = minus 20k-40k hp in one not dodgeable attack.
At very high gear levels, a TR has a daily every 20-30 seconds ready, sometimes even faster (depending on playstyle and minor build differences)

Fix: Basically shocking is the hardest hitting daily power in the game, with 100% piercing dmg. Because it is bugged and SHOULD NEVER IGNORE ALL DEFENSES OR RESISTANCES!

Discuss!
Post edited by dukasmor on

Comments

• suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Do not go by the text as many times the text is incorrect or incomplete or vague enough to be capable of being interpreted any way one wants it to be. Dazing is indeed fast and hard to dodge without anticipation, but it is still only a daze and it does not factor in any way into shocking execution since you can still move/dodge after a daze just the same as before.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    if it sayd it ignores defense then it should ignore all manners of direct defense (not counting damage inmunity frames of course.) if it was supposed to ignore just one kind of defense, like DR then it should say "ignores DR"
    damage should probably be scaled in pvp though.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Do not go by the text as many times the text is incorrect or incomplete or vague enough to be capable of being interpreted any way one wants it to be. Dazing is indeed fast and hard to dodge without anticipation, but it is still only a daze and it does not factor in any way into shocking execution since you can still move/dodge after a daze just the same as before.

...moving dodges Shocking Execution? You can dodge while you're dazed? Stop defending your broken dazes.

I don't think Shocking Execution is necessarily "bugged" atm, but I think it shouldn't go through defense mechanisms, and should definitely be affected by tenacity at the very least, and probably deflect too. If anything, I think SE should be affected by any sort of damage resistance stats (DR, tenacity, deflect), but at the 20-30% HP mark (depending on rank), will no longer be affected by any of those stats.
    edited January 2015
    I think the idea of SE is that it GOES through defenses because it's supposed to be a good tank killer.
    if it would respect all defenses it would loose its primary purpose.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I think the idea of SE is that it GOES through defenses because it's supposed to be a good tank killer.

Not to speak for them but I read what ralexinor was saying to be that it would only ignore defenses when the target is at the low health threshold - making it an execute skill - but not bypass defenses all the time.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ralexinor wrote: »
    ...moving dodges Shocking Execution? You can dodge while you're dazed? Stop defending your broken dazes.

I don't think Shocking Execution is necessarily "bugged" atm, but I think it shouldn't go through defense mechanisms, and should definitely be affected by tenacity at the very least, and probably deflect too. If anything, I think SE should be affected by any sort of damage resistance stats (DR, tenacity, deflect), but at the 20-30% HP mark (depending on rank), will no longer be affected by any of those stats.

No on dodge, I have been talking to people on other things so much telling them to move/dodge that I have that fused in my brain and it has become an automatic response now. One can still move, though, but that will not be sufficient and I don't think the ******ed jumping exploitation interferes with SE (I don't have SE). Still daze has naught to do with SE and I am not defending dazes in general except to those people who get dazed and just stand stationary and cry.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It can be deflected... It can be dodged...it can be blocked... Cw barrier can defend against it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It can be deflected... It can be dodged...it can be blocked... Cw barrier can defend against it...

Lies and more lies. Lashingblade can, not SE
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Tell me about the GW class!

The difference is 20k SE would be okish, but you can reach up to 50k dmg with it.
    Another huge difference why you cant compare Tr dailys to other class dailys is the simple fact that you can fight any other class while they are building AP and kill him/ get killed befor they have their next daily up.
    TRs just play defensive, chill in stealth and build AP with the AP necklace( which only takes around 25sec, close to 15 if you run potb) while you stand on the node trying to kill them, which is NOT possible unless the TR makes major mistakes ( Hi 30y dodgerolls + stealthgain from dodges and ITC).
    That makes the 2 sec stealthreveal nearly nonexistant aswell and the dodge immunity lasts for around 2 sec anyway.

This.

Tired of people saying you can dodge SE. If you're regularly dodging a TR's SE, they should probably re-roll, because it's really not hard to make sure the target is dazed before you SE. Also tired of people saying that it's called "Shocking Execution"... I guess the other classes just got unlucky with the names of their dailies.

SE is basically an almost guaranteed one-shot from the most difficult class to kill on a node. Like I've said elsewhere, it SHOULD hit hard... but it should probably at least respect some degree of tenacity so that the class doesn't automatically win every 1v1 in the game, while ALSO out-lasting every other class in a 2+v1 when all things are equal.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dukasmor wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    I am an excessive pvp player, max geared. I am playing premades for over a year. I am around since beta and have played every class in pvp (except SW). I am not a whiner, and I dont want to nerf a class. But there are issues that have to be solved, NOW!
    Pls dont write in this thread if you just have to say "L2p" "get gear" ....

Shocking Execution: It ignores almost every defense mechanic, like tenacity, DR and so on. Its ridiculous. Its not a minor bug or issue. Its GAMEBREAKING! My TR can hit for over 40k (against BiS pvp players), while having 5k less gs than my opponent.
    It also cant be dodged, basically! Despite the claims of some inexpirienced players, a decent TR will use shocking execution only if the target is dazed (= defenseless). The initial daze can also NOT be dodged! Why? Simple, the activation time is too fast. Not to speak about the auto proccing from feats or daze from stealth (SS).... Short: If a TR wants to daze you, he is able to do so; daze = defenseless = target of shocking execution = minus 20k-40k hp in one not dodgeable attack.
    At very high gear levels, a TR has a daily every 20-30 seconds ready, sometimes even faster (depending on playstyle and minor build differences)

Fix: Basically shocking is the hardest hitting daily power in the game, with 100% piercing dmg. Because it is bugged and SHOULD NEVER IGNORE ALL DEFENSES OR RESISTANCES!

Discuss!

Hey there Mr. maxed out PVPer, just a question. You do know that for SE to hit "that" hard it needs to be activated from stealth and to be the opening attack right? So, if the target is dazed then SE does not get first attack bonus, nor it gets 25% DR ignored, nor it gets 100% Power increase... you get the point ? Its true, an exec can hitkill you with his first strike but what you wrote up there smells more like clueless whining in the general direction of the TR than educated opinion.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    emilemo wrote: »
    Hey there Mr. maxed out PVPer, just a question. You do know that for SE to hit "that" hard it needs to be activated from stealth and to be the opening attack right? So, if the target is dazed then SE does not get first attack bonus, nor it gets 25% DR ignored, nor it gets 100% Power increase... you get the point ? Its true, an exec can hitkill you with his first strike but what you wrote up there smells more like clueless whining in the general direction of the TR than educated opinion.

Now the funniest part, all these 40-50k SE numbers are coming from sabos without firststrike and any exe feats ( but the 15% critseverity one) :D

Also SE ignores DR anyway...

have a nice day
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    emilemo wrote: »

Like mouz said, it's not hard for TR to hit for 40k+ SEs without first strike. A 16k gs TR can do it with the right build.

Now exe is a whole other build with its own crazy issues...
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Scoundrel has the worst dmg out of every TR specc+ 16k GS is still pretty bad compared to maxed out players.
    edited January 2015
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Scoundrel has the worst dmg out of every TR specc+ 16k GS is still pretty bad compared to maxed out players.

Look man, I should think it goes without saying that TRs are problematic. When a 12-16K rogue can match a 20K+ class in a fight and win then something is wrong. That 16.4 scoundrel can end anyone who fails to avoid the dazes. However Im not in favor of bogus reports, people are saying things like " the TR perma dazed me and 1hit killed me from perma stealth" en masse. That is just as wrong as piercing damage being in the game.
    edited January 2015
    ralexinor wrote: »
    16.4k is really low.

Also why would you use SE out of stealth, even as a scoundrel? You're losing damage potential. If you're not maximising your damage potential to a reasonable level, then you can't really complain about "my SE has never hit 40k+", especially since your toon is far from being maxed out.

Here's a fun fact for you. Scoundrels can hit higher numbers in Shocking Execution than Saboteur can. Saboteurs get a max of 15% damage bonus from Arterial Cut + 25% from Ambusher's Haste whereas Scoundrels get 25% from Low Blows and another 25% from Skullcracker, and can also get 15% from Arterial Cut. Say hello the next time you get hit for more from a scoundrel than from a sab.

Im not playin a rogue in order to max him out, I main a GWF and just wanted to see for myself how rogues work. If a daily is up during the +50% damage boost from cc of course Id use it and If its not I wont. Simple enough ? The 'stalking, bet-it-all on 1 hit then vanish in stealth' gameplay is not for me anyway.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Going for a rational approach, SE should ignore dr from defense and that already is a good enough bonus vs tanks.
    Dr from unstoppable, feat, sprint, tenacity and chance to deflect should be there.
    Period.

Anything else is nonsense blabbering of TRs who want easy mode 1-shots.
    Or they are really that bad at playing that they really need such broken stuff to compete.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »

Tank killer....what rogue/assassin is supposed to focus a tank? That's just a joke.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The fix is easy. Shocking is supposed to be undeflectable and not mitigable... ok fair enough.
    Is still dodgable, it can be blocked by gf, it can be reduced by cw shield but why a gwf/sw sprinting/unstoppable/sprinting unstoppable have to take full damage?
    That s a bug of course and should be fixed
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    The fix is easy. Shocking is supposed to be undeflectable and not mitigable... ok fair enough.
    Is still dodgable, it can be blocked by gf, it can be reduced by cw shield but why a gwf/sw sprinting/unstoppable/sprinting unstoppable have to take full damage?
    That s a bug of course and should be fixed

It should also oneshot people with full HP, no matter what the class is.
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    It should also oneshot people with full HP, no matter what the class is.

yeah people are used to mod 4 tr doing 27 rotations to kill a tank with much less gear
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, I've heard of three SE, but three BB? I don't know how someone could get that.
    2e2qwj6.jpg