test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild functions

rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
How to make guild life better:

Add loyalty reward programs. Allow guild leaders to to add a loyalty reward program where they get to choose a bonus given to players for being in a guild for a month such as increases to their dmg, glory gain, gold gain etc.. much like how you go to a NPC and set up your pvp faction. If the player leaves the guild, the rewards no longer apply and they must start again if they go to another guild nor do these bonuses stack.

It would be nice to see who invited a person into the guild. Have a separate tab showing who invited and who kicked or part of the events tab.

Would be nice to have a search feature for roster to quickly find people in the roster so you can remove bothersome people and all their alts rather than having to sift.

Guild mail compose, I'm sure you guys are working on fixing that.

When someone is kicked from the guild, it claims on the events they "left". It would be nice to see "kicked" as that is way different than "left". Would be helpful for guilds with officer or more than one leader so that person cant hit up for reinvite acting as if they left when they were kicked for a good reason.

If anyone else has ideas or suggestions, post here!
Post edited by rarefaction on

Comments

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Basically Battle of the Immortals stuff eh? Tbh, I'd like to see any improvements to the guild in NW, let it be those above or any of the numerous other suggestions.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In another MMORPG that I play, there are guild quests. The rewards are either for the guild ( a vault) or for the members (more gold when looting). The quests are like the regular individual kill-ten-rats quests but scaled in such a way that only a guild can complete them (kill one million rats in ten minutes)
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    In another MMORPG that I play, there are guild quests. The rewards are either for the guild ( a vault) or for the members (more gold when looting). The quests are like the regular individual kill-ten-rats quests but scaled in such a way that only a guild can complete them (kill one million rats in ten minutes)

Good idea, if I remember right these kind of guild quests where normal things in Everquest 2
    Another thing which was fun to do where the Guildwars in Everquest 1, Guildleaders where able to declare a war to eachother for lets say a week then all the members of both guilds became temporally PvP flagged every where in the game except the sanctuaries. :)
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can tell you what our Guild(s) do

Twilight Empire, and Infernal Paragons

Conjoined Guilds -

This is an experimental thing we are trying so people have a choice of guilds, but do not need to leave one or the other for another "flavor" of play. Infernal Paragons are the more PvP focussed/ high GS/ lvl 60 branch of the guilds, whilst Twilight Empire is more PvE/ leveling/ RP/ Foundry Author branch of the guilds. Both branches can of course do all aspects of gameplay, and with the joined Custom Channel you can easilly find anyone of either guild to help out when needed.

Loyalty Rewards Programs -

We've run recruiting rewards for existing members before where for X time if you recruit Y players you get Z amount of Astral Diamaonds, or an Event Companion, or the like. There is a ranking system applied to the player's main chr which CAN translate over to newer (under lvl 60) charecters if approved by a Rank 5 or 6 to do so.

Bank Contributions -

Our guild bank is based on an honor system where if you take something out you're expected to put something(s) of equivelent value back in soon. Donations always accepted, and the bank has filled quickly with items for all classes.

Recently we opened the 5th Guild Bank Tab in the Twilight Empire Bank with a Funds Drive where guildies could buy a potion from me for say 10000 AD to donate for the tab, or could buy a variety of items from the Auction House in the range of 1-200000 AD. My daily Invokation and Leadership AD also went to the Funds Drive until the required amount was achieved to open the Guild Bank Tab. I was left with under 300 AD in the end, but it was worth it. Everyone loved being able to help out just as much as they could personally afford to.

Guild Mail -

We've been using the Message of the Day feature until the Guild mail is fixed. Only allows short messages, BUT at least everyone can read it when they log in.

Recruiting -

We may go ahead and talk to players after a dungeon, or PvP, or in a zone after a recruiting shout to make sure we get ot know a person before just a random invite. You may see a rank 5 or 6 putting a recruit shout out there in Zone Chat in an area. Feel free to reply, and ask questions about the guild.

As for the idea on listing whom recruits or kicks players that should not be public information. It should be shared on a "need to know" basis. When we do the recruiting programs information is sent via in game mail to the Rank 6 runing the current recruiting event so they can reward accordingly.

In the case of "kicks" that is best kept as private information so that you are not causing Guild Drama on "so and so kicks a lot of people" or that somebody WAS kicked at all. Leave it as "left the guild", and quiet inquiries if somebody wants to know what's up.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't think showing that someone was kicked creates guild drama. Guild drama is going to exist if you merely own a guild or in one. Kicking shows the person was kicked rather than leaving on their own. If someone was kicked, that informs officers who may be online while the guild leader is not that maybe it's not such a good idea to reinvite the person once they ask.

Should also show who is inviting as that may reveal someone in your guild is inviting the bad apples so you can revoke such privileges.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As for the idea on listing whom recruits or kicks players that should not be public information. It should be shared on a "need to know" basis. When we do the recruiting programs information is sent via in game mail to the Rank 6 runing the current recruiting event so they can reward accordingly.

In the case of "kicks" that is best kept as private information so that you are not causing Guild Drama on "so and so kicks a lot of people" or that somebody WAS kicked at all. Leave it as "left the guild", and quiet inquiries if somebody wants to know what's up.

I completely disagree with this, as one of three active leaders in a guild with two additional officers. I'd like to know if an individual was kicked, and by whom, so that I can investigate the matter. If they were kicked from the guild, it was for good reason, and all members off the guild should be aware that this person is not to be trusted, and was kicked.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I belong to a guild... I don't do much with it

What do guilds do and what would you do to get kicked from one?

At one time I would drop off stuff to the bank for others to use... but it became full so I stopped.

Idon't even know who my Guildmaster is or how to ask them this question

UrLord
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Guilds are pretty much perfect right now. All that's needed is an ad contribute, and raids that we can preform parties for.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Guilds are pretty much perfect right now. All that's needed is an ad contribute, and raids that we can preform parties for.

Most people would disagree with that, other than bank space and Gauntlgrym, there is no reason to even be in a guild, and I see that as a major issue.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited January 2015
    Most people would disagree with that, other than bank space and Gauntlgrym, there is no reason to even be in a guild, and I see that as a major issue.

That's why we need the raids. I've seen other games add in "perks" and I think they cause weird social problems. Giving content where you can preform and needs coordination to complete, gives guilds purpose. This is a content problem not a mechanical problem of the guild set up.
    edited January 2015
    That's why we need the raids. I've seen other games add in "perks" and I think they cause weird social problems. Giving content where you can preform and needs coordination to complete, gives guilds purpose. This is a content problem not a mechanical problem of the guild set up.

If guild perks are set up with loyalty in mind, it isn't a problem. The problem with other games and guild perks is you get it instantly for just being in a guild. If a player must have been in the guild for a month to get the perks, that would decrease guild hopping and poaching drama as players would have to really think about if it's worth it to quit and start over again.

Leaders are given some good tools like the guild bank but with any feature there is potential drama. There's even drama over guild banks! That's just apart of being in a guild. No guild is not going to have some drama from time to time. Even the smaller guilds occasionally gets that one drama king/queen that likes to disrupt the guild they are in. This sort of perk would also enable better behavior as they would lose their perk if they kept misbehaving to the point to where the leader has no other option but to kick.

The better behavior may also transcend beyond the guild. If guild leaders tell people their guidelines and etiquette such as "We don't want you to be mean spirited during dungeon runs and kick people, it's against our guild policy. "No kicking from pvp, it's against what we stand for" it may benefit other players outside of the guild as those players in the guild would have to stop and think if being mean spirited is worth being kicked from the guild and losing their perks which they waited a month for only to find themself in another guild having to wait a month to get the perk all over again.

I've noticed in MMO's, people don't have much patience or like to do things the hard way. They like the quick easy everything. This may help train people's brains to appreciate hard work and etiquette :)
    edited January 2015
    If guild perks are set up with loyalty in mind, it isn't a problem. The problem with other games and guild perks is you get it instantly for just being in a guild. If a player must have been in the guild for a month to get the perks, that would decrease guild hopping and poaching drama.

No because then it's a case of people demanding you must have been in a guild for a month before you group with them etc. Perks are bad. You will never convince me otherwise.
    edited January 2015
    No because then it's a case of people demanding you must have been in a guild for a month before you group with them etc. Perks are bad. You will never convince me otherwise.

That isn't true at all. People will still group up and it will strengthen communities. If that is how a guild functions and you are new to the guild, then you can go find a guild that isn't so snobby over perks. Also, there are guilds that operate that way anyway where they leave people out...mostly over gear score.
    edited January 2015
    That isn't true at all. People will still group up and it will strengthen communities. If that is how a guild functions and you are new to the guild, then you can go find a guild that isn't so snobby over perks. Also, there are guilds that operate that way anyway where they leave people out...mostly over gear score.

I'm sorry but adding things for elitism over does not improve the community. Adding more negatives into the game can do nothing but increase negativity.
    edited January 2015

You're thinking in a black or white sense where it's one or the other when two combined would solve many. Raiding + guild perks for loyal members of that guild. If you're an experienced guild leader on this game you'd understand the point of what I'm talking about.
    edited January 2015
    You're thinking in a black or white sense where it's one or the other when two combined would solve many. Raiding + guild perks for loyal members of that guild. If you're an experienced guild leader on this game you'd understand the point of what I'm talking about.

You don't need to be a guild leader to see how every mmo that has added guild perks has created severe problems for themselves. Want a good example, WoW which love it or hate it, is a leader in the industry, just removed it's guild perks because it was such a problem. They will only cause problems ever. There is no possible way to add them that won't cause problems.
    edited January 2015
    You don't need to be a guild leader to see how every mmo that has added guild perks has created severe problems for themselves. Want a good example, WoW which love it or hate it, is a leader in the industry, just removed it's guild perks because it was such a problem. They will only cause problems ever. There is no possible way to add them that won't cause problems.

Neverwinter is Neverwinter. It's not like every MMO. Wow created guild perks and failed. If done right it won't fail. In WOW, the guild perks applied right away. Not rewarding loyalty. I think you're probably new to the game since your time played is 3 days and you keep talking about WOW. Play this game a little longer, try being a guild leader and you'll get it.

Also, WOW didn't get rid of all the guild perks just the ones that were being abused. With this idea it's not a saturation of perks. Guild leader gets to choose based on their guilds needs and it's not something that is so significant that it would break it for newcomers into the guild.
    edited January 2015
    Neverwinter is Neverwinter. It's not like every MMO. Wow created guild perks and failed. If done right it won't fail. In WOW, the guild perks applied right away. Not rewarding loyalty. I think you're probably new to the game since your time played is 3 days and you keep talking about WOW. Play this game a little longer, try being a guild leader and you'll get it.

I've played since closed beta and don't use arc for anything but entering codes. Nice try.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I completely disagree with this, as one of three active leaders in a guild with two additional officers. I'd like to know if an individual was kicked, and by whom, so that I can investigate the matter. If they were kicked from the guild, it was for good reason, and all members off the guild should be aware that this person is not to be trusted, and was kicked.

I think you missed the part on "quiet inquiries". This is the lower rank 5 (or Rank 6) communicating with the other Rank 6s why "That Somebody" was kicked from guild. It's kept to private mail, and tells. IF it is a situation of "That Somebody" is purposefully causing trouble, robbed the guild bank, or only really REALLY wanted to be in the guild just to poach current members then it's a generalized warning to the guild "That Somebody" was causing trouble on purpose so be wary of them.

In my experience in this and other games this is a policy that helps keep drama down.

As for if there is a somebody whom SEEMS to keep inviting in "bad apples" then again it can be delt with quietly.

Even if you don't like somebody it's courtesy to respect their privacy when you can.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think you're probably new to the game since your time played is 3 days and you keep talking about WOW. Play this game a little longer, try being a guild leader and you'll get it.

Just like to point out that your time only shows as 17 hours. Even if his 3 days was a legit number, and it isn't, it still seems considerably more. Play the forum game a bit longer, perhaps you'll get it.
    edited January 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Just like to point out that your time only shows as 17 hours. Even if his 3 days was a legit number, and it isn't, it still seems considerably more. Play the forum game a bit longer, perhaps you'll get it.

I just realized it's not an accurate portrayal :)

I've actually been playing since the game came out. Is it an Arc thing or what?

Anyways, adding more to the function of guild perks so it won't be exploited.

-Character based not account wide.

-In order to unlock the first tier of guild perk let's say 5% bonus dmg or whatever the guild leader decides, you must have at least 25 unique members. Yeah that can be exploited but it will be tedious and annoying to do. That person would have to have 25 accounts.

2nd tier, 50 unique members.

3rd and 4th tier, guild quests that takes a full group to perform in order to donate unique items to a vendor to unlock these.

Another System I would like see implemented is guild bank refinement as another way to unlock guild bank slots.

One tab may be filled with garbage that nobody wants. Why not be able to refine those items, convert it into guild bucks that can be used to buy additional bank slots or change your GG affiliation? It would remove debris and be beneficial to guilds. Also implement a guild store with items that only guild leaders can access to buy unique items like fashion, dyes or event items so that guild leaders can have more contests for their members.
    edited January 2015
    I just realized it's not an accurate portrayal :)

I've actually been playing since the game came out. Is it an Arc thing or what?

Anyways, adding more to the function of guild perks so it won't be exploited.

-Character based not account wide.

-In order to unlock the first tier of guild perk let's say 5% bonus dmg or whatever the guild leader decides, you must have at least 25 unique members. Yeah that can be exploited but it will be tedious and annoying to do. That person would have to have 25 accounts.

2nd tier, 50 unique members.

3rd and 4th tier, guild quests that takes a full group to perform in order to donate unique items to a vendor to unlock these.

Another System I would like see implemented is guild bank refinement as another way to unlock guild bank slots.

One tab may be filled with garbage that nobody wants. Why not be able to refine those items, convert it into guild bucks that can be used to buy additional bank slots or change your GG affiliation? It would remove debris and be beneficial to guilds. Also implement a guild store with items that only guild leaders can access to buy unique items like fashion, dyes or event items so that guild leaders can have more contests for their members.

And right there is an immediate horrible social problem. Small guilds and there are people that love them are now told to get out of the game under that system. This is why perks are bad.
    edited January 2015
    And right there is an immediate horrible social problem. Small guilds and there are people that love them are now told to get out of the game under that system. This is why perks are bad.

That's not true, it would actually promote smaller guilds take in new members. It may also curb the whole "You must be THIS gear score to enter!"

Most of the really small guilds I've seen anyway started off in another guild, decided they could do it better than the guild leader, left that guild, encouraged others to join them disrupting that current guild's plans and then they realized it's not easy being a GM OR

They have a bank account guild just to use for guild bank.

Then there are the small guilds that just don't know how to recruit or really are very picky to the point to where a person must have complete BIS gear and they lose out on skilled players that may not have all that gear but still know how to play the game. Maybe those skilled people not decked out in BIS gear would be given more of an opportunity.
    edited January 2015
    That's not true, it would actually promote smaller guilds take in new members. It may also curb the whole "You must be THIS gear score to enter!"

Those guilds from experience don't want new members they want to stay with 10-15 members which means they're now locked out of content. And 5% damage is freaking huge.

I'm not a small guilder but there are many of them, this would be no different than saying that they're not welcome here anymore.
    edited January 2015
    Those guilds from experience don't want new members they want to stay with 10-15 members which means they're now locked out of content. And 5% damage is freaking huge.

I'm not a small guilder but there are many of them, this would be no different than saying that they're not welcome here anymore.

This is something that would be more beneficial to most players as you can ask any experienced guild leader some of the toxic stuff they have to put up with all the time. I don't think you are a guild leader or you'd understand the basic concept. Of course, these can be adjusted such as 10 unique members to start, 20. Not set in stone but something reasonable for the community.

It would be upsetting to people who just use guilds for banks for sure that don't want teamwork. Why not just join a solo game? MMO's are about community and this community has been toxic for quite some time now. Ask any guild leader that runs well known guilds or guilds that have more than 75 members.
    edited January 2015
    Honestly direct damage buffs from guilds is completely unacceptable. And your suggestion of 5% is near insanity. That would put guild membership more important to over all performance then initial stat choice. A 5% increase can equal 5 whole stat points, that would make guild membership offer more then a legendary artifact belt. That, to me, is impossible to justify.

Guild perks simply create new problems. The largest is a complete gutting of smaller, less competitive, friendly type guilds. As people move to the larger populated guilds in a quest for more power, or just simple acceptance by the rest of the community. This only ends up removing diversity of the community as everyone filters into the few large guilds all doing basically the same thing, or they simply quit.

The only acceptable perks should be cosmetic, with no effect on power or performance. The perfect litmus test is simple, if you dont want to see a type of perk in the Zen store available for cash only. Then it should not, for the very same reasons, be something exclusive to guilds or guild membership.
    edited January 2015
    5% is just an example, it can be 2% and not just about dmg but just an example of a perk.
    edited January 2015
    5% is just an example, it can be 2% and not just about dmg but just an example of a perk.

It shouldn't be ANY percent. 2% is still 2 stat points. That still puts guilds on a higher platform than racial choice. That is completely unacceptable. I for one, don't want to get rejected from a pug simply because my guild tag isn't from one of the elite guilds offering the largest bonus.