test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance 1/8 at 7 AM PST (extended)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone,

We'll be performing scheduled maintenance tomorrow 1/8 at 7 AM PST. Estimated downtime is 2 hours but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

No patch notes this week. We will however be removing the Winter Event, adding new Weekly Sale items and also including a Last Chance vendor for the Winter Event (if you have any left over event currency).

We'll keep you updated here once maintenance begins.

Thanks
Dwight

Update 1 7:05 AM PST - Maintenance has begun.
Update 2 8:00 AM PST - Maintenance is progressing as planned. We'll keep you updated if anything changes.
Update 3 8:35 AM PST - Looks like we hit a bit of a snag, at this point it doesn't seem like it is going to delay us by much at all, but we'll keep you posted.
Update 4: Unfortunately due to issues found during maintenance we will need to extend maintenance until at least 10 AM. If anything changes we'll let you know.
Update 5: 9:37 AM PST - Still no updates on resolving the issue. Could be another hour or so. As soon as we hear anything we'll let you know.
Update 6: 10:25 AM PST - Our technicians continue to work to resolve the issue. At this point we don't have an ETA. It's possible that we could have everything back up by 11 AM PST. We'll keep you updated. Sorry everyone.
Update 7: 11:24 AM PST - The issue is believed to be resolved, going through final testing, we could be up and running soon.
Update 8: 12:13PM PST - Maintenance has completed! Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Honestly? You should keep Twilight Tor (Winter Festival place) as a permanent place.

It's the best looking place in the entire game, I think most agree that it would be a nice thing to keep it.

There's nothing to do in this game apart from a bit of PVP, dailies, a couple dungeon runs. People would fish or play the race game when they're bored, roleplayers could go there to roleplay, etc etc.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • masterofecomasterofeco Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Good stuffs!
  • abxyxxxabxyxxx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Mod 6 announcement after main hype!
  • balding2earlbalding2earl Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    so when the timer for the winter event hits 3 hours to go it's over. Is it not possible that these timers can end when the maintenence starts, Im sure this isnt the first time this has been brought up.
  • soozgeesoozgee Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2015
    dwightmc wrote: »
    We will however be removing the Winter Event, adding new Weekly Sale items and also including a Last Chance vendor for the Winter Event (if you have any left over event currency).

Will you be removing the possibility to use gifts of simril, or will it be still possible to use them in a party after the event is removed?
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's nothing to do in this game apart from a bit of PVP

If you're a TR.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's the best looking place in the entire game

Please pass kudos on to the devs, dwightmc; Twilight Tor is truly gorgeous. I'm going to sorely miss it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to take some parting screenshots before it goes poof!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Maintenance started like 2 minutes earlier - it's not a big deal but I needed that time to receive gifts on my last toons.
  • blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Honestly? You should keep Twilight Tor (Winter Festival place) as a permanent place.

It's the best looking place in the entire game, I think most agree that it would be a nice thing to keep it.

There's nothing to do in this game apart from a bit of PVP, dailies, a couple dungeon runs. People would fish or play the race game when they're bored, roleplayers could go there to roleplay, etc etc.

Or grind for days to get some of the things like the mounts and fawn ^^() but yeah I agree, can we keep some of the mini games? and this map, the map is awsome even if its only used for events, then we can RP on the map! but we need mini games because of lacking content! :/
    edited January 2015
    also we had 17hs of this even left, we have had so much DOWN time on this game the past 2 weeks that we have lost 3-4 days of play time on the event. :/ would it hurt to keep it going 3 more days to make up for it?
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Please pass kudos on to the devs, dwightmc; Twilight Tor is truly gorgeous. I'm going to sorely miss it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to take some parting screenshots before it goes poof!
    It comes back every winter, so you will see it again.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Or gride for days to get some of the things like the mounts and fawn ^^() but yeah I agree, can we keep some of the mini games and this map, the map is awsome even if its only used for events, then we can RP on the map!

I think the only reason people like the map so much is that it's not here all the time. If it was always here, people wouldn't be so enthused about it.
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    I think the only reason people like the map so much is that it's not here all the time. If it was always here, people wouldn't be so enthused about it.

so says you, I'd LOVE to be useing it in Foundry!
  • grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »

It's got a mailbox and a big campfire and some fun activities to do. It's like PE, but better I think. I'd love to ahng around in there instead of PE when it's not full of people and just as laggy as PE.
  • balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How about extending the profession for a few days, lots of materials left to make hero feasts.
  • anasterian1anasterian1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We'll be performing scheduled maintenance tomorrow 1/8 at 7 AM PST. Estimated downtime is 2 hours but could be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

No patch notes this week. We will however be removing the Winter Event, adding new Weekly Sale items and also including a Last Chance vendor for the Winter Event (if you have any left over event currency).

We'll keep you updated here once maintenance begins.

Thanks
    Dwight

Update 1 7:05 AM PST - Maintenance has begun.

why not waiting for it to finish? i couldnt buy my companion :(
    edited January 2015
    "3hrs remaining" was a little bit misleading, but I'm not really going to complain when I already got lots of free stuff.
  • ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well done to the team, an enjoyable event and a good looking area. It had me running all 8 of my toons through it.... which adds up time wise, so I'm sort of glad it is ended, I've other stuff I need to do in the game, but I will look forward to next years.

That has set the expectation bar for events though, look forward to what you come up with to match it for the other events through the year.

To those whining about it going off 3 hours early, it has been there for 3 weeks, you've had ample time. Don't leave things till the last minute next time!
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't ask for Winter Festival to stay. Don't ruin the magic of that place :D
  • ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    why not waiting for it to finish? i couldnt buy my companion :(

They mentioned they where adding a merchant so you can spend any left over currency, so you'll be able to buy it just not earn any more currency. Don't hang about though, probably only there for a week, maybe less.
    edited January 2015
    Maybe just hire the Twilight Tor community band to play in the Moonstone Mask or the Driftwood tavern occasionally. I liked /dancefolk-ing in front of them when I wasn't rushing through gift gathering on all my alts.
    edited January 2015
    They mentioned they where adding a merchant so you can spend any left over currency, so you'll be able to buy it just not earn any more currency. Don't hang about though, probably only there for a week, maybe less.

Probably a week, it'll probably go away next weeks maint.
    edited January 2015

Good to know. I still wanted to get a few ice weapons for new alts I'm leveling. What about Gifts of Simril? Will it still be possible to exchange those with others for slightly more currency and a chance at Starlight Bags?
    edited January 2015
    For those wondering What time this maintenance takes place where you live.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Seattle (U.S.A. - Washington Time Zone PST) Thursday, 8 January 2015, 07:00:00 PST UTC -8 hours

So that Translates to EU/UK time as
    UTC/GMT (Time Zone EU) Thursday, 8 January 2015, 15:00:00 UTC

So most of EU that would mean 16:00:00 GMT+1
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What? Time to get back on the horse and slay orcs, grunts, trolls and the like... Noooooo! :)
  • neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    also we had 17hs of this even left, we have had so much DOWN time on this game the past 2 weeks that we have lost 3-4 days of play time on the event. :/ would it hurt to keep it going 3 more days to make up for it?

I couldn't agree more! Not to mention that they take the server down with 3 hours to go for the event!? How is this fair? Come on Devs, please give us a few more days??
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981
    edited January 2015

Other than expected maint, which happens every week. We have had less than 12 hours of downtime. With expected maint maybe 18. That is less than 1 day let alone the three or four you claim.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well done to the team, an enjoyable event and a good looking area. It had me running all 8 of my toons through it.... which adds up time wise, so I'm sort of glad it is ended, I've other stuff I need to do in the game, but I will look forward to next years.

That has set the expectation bar for events though, look forward to what you come up with to match it for the other events through the year.

To those whining about it going off 3 hours early, it has been there for 3 weeks, you've had ample time. Don't leave things till the last minute next time!

Some of us work - might be a foreign concept to you, I dunno. I go by the timer stipulated by Cryptic, which said the event would end at a certain time, only to find out that it will be falling away early due to maintenance. That means I miss out on 3 parcels (prolly nothing since I haven't gotten <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> so far) but the chance to finally snare a Battlefield Medic is ripped from my grasp. Thanks for that!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    balthezar2 wrote: »
    How about extending the profession for a few days, lots of materials left to make hero feasts.

As far as I'm aware, the profession is available all the year round. You won't be able to get any more winter festival resources of course (apart from light pods), but you should be able to craft what you have at your leisure.

I sure hope so, anyway. I have stacks upon stacks of fish in my bank, and portable altars are dirt cheap in AH.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After a couple of months of finding a place to store scarfs and tripping over fawns, we're all going to be asking ourselves... "why did I want 3 more days?"...
This discussion has been closed.