test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weekly Reviews -- December 17, 2014

tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Mixed bag of reviews this week, except one which might have been one of the best quests we have ever played. Read all about them just as easily as clicking a link.

Reviewed this week:

Farmyard Holiday by @lupusj
Coeden by @josephskyrim
The Spider Dens by @dimension000
A Mere Expedition! by @deiterate

Until next week!
dec2014nwsig.png
Post edited by tipadaknife on

Comments

• Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Awesome reviews Tipa! Totally fair on Coeden as well. If you are wondering about the drop in encounter quality, I did make it before Arroway Manor but only published it recently because, well - I thought I had already published it. Oops. :P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A big thank you to both Tipa and Kasul for the continued weekly reviews! Solid constructive feedback is fairly limited in the slim review space the foundry system offers. Your thoughtful reviews offer valuable insight into a quest's actual play-through experience. These reviews help both the readers and original author improve their current and future quests.

For my quest, I will certainly look into having the cowardly lizard warrior be a true warrior if the PC chooses the harder option. The easy mode version of the warrior does follow the PC around as a friendly encounter. But, at some point during the creation process, I got sick of how frequently the warrior died against hard mode encounters and made him an NPC until the PC reaches the shrine. Now that I am more comfortable with using hidden triggers, I'll revisit having the hard mode lizard warrior actually aid in the defense of his village once again.

Thanks again for the weekly reviews and for running through my quest! I'm looking forward to reading through more of your reviews!
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    essenti wrote: »
    ...Solid constructive feedback is fairly limited in the slim review space the foundry system offers...

...These reviews help both the readers and original author improve their current and future quests...

1. This is the problem with detailed reviews. There is never enough space to put them in.
    2. Exactly. As a reviewer, you have to look both from the perspectives of the author and the potential player. They have done just that making their analysis' reliable to both audiences.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
  • Options
    tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ah, we always use hard mode, when available. Which was kinda fun -- we'd smash down those doors and go RAWWWWWR HARRRD MODDDDE! And the lizard would get lost.
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    lupusjlupusj Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A fun read as always - and thank you for throwing a spotlight on Mere Expedition. I hadn't played that one before, and it was truly stunning.
    c447.png