test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tower of the Lost Wizards: NW-DSE9JPUCV Review Trade

13»

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Duur! Man, music can be finicky. I think I got it so the music changes but does not overlap. Let me know if this is not the case.

Rayfw, have you been able to finish the quest? The first teleporter is still a little low, but I'm leery of changing it since it does work now in my live tests.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • rayfwrayfw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i just tried again, still cant for me
    edited September 2013
    I moved the teleporter, so I hope it will work for you now. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll look into it.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi there!
    I want to say I just loved the university area - many interactable details and good humor. I didnt expect the story would turn so serious after that :)
    The tower makes you think a bit and not follow sparks mindlessly, but is not too hard (if I with my lack of sense of direction had no problem, nobody should). I also didnt notice any bugs or other things that would require fixing. Good job!
    edited September 2013
    Thanks! I try for the "Joss Whedon" principle when I GM: try for the full range of human emotions that make sense for the story and recognize that humor and tragedy are laced through every part of our lives. I'm glad to hear I was successful in this case.
  • sugartits12sugartits12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi there. Is this quest only for control wizards? cus i found JENALI but yet when i interacted with him, it says that i do not have this skill. Is there anything that i can do to have that 'skill'?
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi there. Is this quest only for control wizards? cus i found JENALI but yet when i interacted with him, it says that i do not have this skill. Is there anything that i can do to have that 'skill'?

It has been a while since I played this quest, but I think the "Skill" is actually an item you have to find. I could be wrong though, as I said, it has been a few months.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited January 2014
    That is correct, there is an item earlier in the tower you need to pick up.
  • capnchefcapnchef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just finished Tower of the Lost Wizards. Seeing as I'm late to this party, I didn't notice any glaring issues or anything. Seemed pretty well constructed to me, and everything worked just fine. The fights were challenging for my level 47 HR, but it was still manageable solo. My wife warned me on accepting this quest that it was a bit depressing, but that it was really good. (She had previously played it.) And she wasn't wrong. Depressing, but **** good! Rated and tipped! Great job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Campaign: The Creekside Chronicles NWS-DR2NAKVRN
    Part 1: The Lost Children NW-DU2N4I5YN / Part 2 Evil In The Mines: NW-DNHIJFGAT
    Part 3: No One Lives Forever NW-DHIOTYRQ3 / Part 4 Home Away From Home: NW-DSBY79LGB
    edited February 2014
    Glad you liked it!

I had a review that asked for a sequel in which the player could help the characters find peace. I'm not sure how that would happen, but if I think of a good story I may do just that. I thought it was very sweet that players cared enough about them that they wanted their story to end well.
  • capnchefcapnchef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think that would be amazing! I don't know if you want to go this route, and I hesitate to suggest it because it's overdone, but what about time travel? I usually think that should be avoided because most times it's done horribly, but I think if anyone is going to write a good time travel quest that makes sense, and it not be hokey, it would be you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Campaign: The Creekside Chronicles NWS-DR2NAKVRN
    Part 1: The Lost Children NW-DU2N4I5YN / Part 2 Evil In The Mines: NW-DNHIJFGAT
    Part 3: No One Lives Forever NW-DHIOTYRQ3 / Part 4 Home Away From Home: NW-DSBY79LGB
  • stevedestinystevedestiny Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I will trade reviews. I have two quests up: Adventure In Ash Grove [NW-DKSPVAQKE] and A Wayward Heart [NW-DP3UINOHP] author name @stevedestiny1 --these can currently be found in a search under the 'In Review' tab. For some reason they don't show up just scrolling through the general list.
    edited January 2015
    melinden wrote: »
    Glad you liked it!

I had a review that asked for a sequel in which the player could help the characters find peace. I'm not sure how that would happen, but if I think of a good story I may do just that. I thought it was very sweet that players cared enough about them that they wanted their story to end well.

As more info on Mystra's return gets published I'll probably have a nice non-lore breaking way to come up with a happy ending sequel pretty soon.