test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing daughters

drakkenfeldrakkenfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
edited December 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
"Missing Daughters" by @Meth_Shadowstorm

Short Code: NW-DCX9IZBJB
Mission Type: Investigation
Average Duration: 20 minutes
Amount of Combat: several brief encounters
Starts at: Anya, a Young Commoner Girl, just northwest of the South City Gate in Protector's Enclave

Mission Summary:

A village youth of Sunnydale sent a message to the constable of Neverwinter. The daughters of Sunnydale have begun to go missing. Something is amiss as livestock have begun to disappear around the village, as well. We need an Investigator to discover what is happening and bring some closure to the populace. Please meet a child named Anya near the south gate of Neverwinter? She will be waiting to give you details of the situation.

10440941_10202236467374454_8977201428861376517_n.jpg

10407573_10202236713180599_8384720946651835031_n.jpg
Paladin.jpg
@METH_SHADOWSTORM - Foundry author of:
"The Sunnydale Campaign" - NWS-DKBEJ9OOM
Episode 1: "Missing Daughters" - NW-DCX9IZBJB
Episode 2: "A Date With Destiny" - NW-DHYEX5NKR - Featured: NW-DHFLDPWJV
STO Foundry: "Safari So Good" - ST-HPRP2WFWI
Post edited by drakkenfel on

Comments

• drakkenfeldrakkenfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited June 2014
    Reviewed player comments in my Reviews and adjusted some of the supporting dialog, so missions are better explained.

Please try out my mission and review? I do pay attention to to player/reviewer input. Thank you. :cool:
    Paladin.jpg
  • emeraldfox12emeraldfox12 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I tried out this mission before and as I said in my review I found it more hack and slash than an actual story and was dissapointed in the ending of the quest. Pretty anticlimatic I thought. Im willing to try out this new version to see what changes are being made and will be sure to leave you a review of my thoughts on the quest like last time
  • drakkenfeldrakkenfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited June 2014
    I tried out this mission before and as I said in my review I found it more hack and slash than an actual story and was dissapointed in the ending of the quest. Pretty anticlimatic I thought. Im willing to try out this new version to see what changes are being made and will be sure to leave you a review of my thoughts on the quest like last time

I am sorry you did not like my Foundry mission. The overall majority of players did. The answers were not supposed to be obvious. It is an investigation, so an investigator has to look around when the local community is not forthcoming. I have added a bit more intro dialogue, but I have tried to avoid a wall of text. Most folks can finish in around 20 minutes, so the destinations are not that hard to find. There are four significant encounters, and they are supposed to be different by design. I set this mission up as a Foundation for a longer campaign that I am working on. If the player has read the Crystal Shard novel (or any of the Forgotten Realms series), enemy forces are usually a combination coerced to work together through threat of force. Others are reluctant participants. There very well may be no link at all, and could be opportunists from different directions looking for easy prey.

There is a reason why many of the residents of the village appear to be Drow. We have two different races of player characters that are based upon Drow. There very well could be a group that are non-player characters who simply want to be left alone. Some may even begin to fall back into old habits that they were trying to escape. We all know that Drizzt has been up and down the Sword Coast in the daylight, and Drow raiding groups visit the surface when either convenient or in need of blood. They also do not forgive anyone who walks away from service to Lolth. As an aside, Bregan D'arthe has had significant presence in Luskan and has their agents scattered all over the surface. In our game, House Xorlarin has been trying to establish a presence on the surface, and they assuredly are not finished. Their priestesses cannot fail on pain of death (or worse); where do you think the Driders come from?

A plot hook is a method to make the reader want to find out more, because all of the questions were not answered. This gives our investigator a reason to return back and see how the Village fares. It also leaves me a way to link different stories together and allude to different situations between stories that will connect the dots.

I am taking the time to re-read the Salvatore novels (and others about Drow), so I do not go too far away from accepted canon. I am also doing research from other games from TSR/WoTC and electronic, so themes can be recognizable. For non-aware players, I want it to be a quick, fun jaunt. For others wanting more story, I want to deliver something decent. We cannot rush it, as I would produce a bad product.

I hope my explanation helps to dissuade some of the more vocal concerns. There is a method to my madness... :-)
    Paladin.jpg
    edited June 2014
    Went back and made more grammatical and spelling corrections in all converstations. I went back into the mayor's conversation and others. Corrections should be in Tuesday's Foundry Synch. Thanks for trying my Foundry. Good Hunting!!!
    Paladin.jpg
    edited July 2014
    drakkenfel wrote: »
    Went back and made more grammatical and spelling corrections in all converstations. I went back into the mayor's conversation and others. Corrections should be in Tuesday's Foundry Synch. Thanks for trying my Foundry. Good Hunting!!!

"Missing Daughters" (NW-DCX9IZBJB) has become Episode 1 of "The Sunnydale Campaign" (NWS-DKBEJ9OOM).

Episode TWO of "The Sunnydale Campaign" is coming soon, with a twist. Expect it within the next two weeks. I have spent several weeks developing the content. I have devoted extra time to spelling and grammar checking. You may want to bring a friend for this one. It could be challenging... Be on the lookout for "A Date with Destiny" (NW-DHYEX5NKR).
    Paladin.jpg
    edited July 2014
    Made some more corrections. Lowered steps and walls that folks identified in the old fort. Moved a couple NPCs to different locations. Unbunched some of the mobs. This should make it easier to find and engage them. Of course, aggro one and the rest will come looking...
    Paladin.jpg
    edited August 2014
    Part 2 "A Date With Destiny" is Available (NW-DHYEX5NKR). Please see the SUMMARY & Foundry Contest Entry page.
    Paladin.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Applying to be "FEATURED". Please give this mission your support? Thank you.
    Paladin.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Please help me to get this Quest Featured? Thank you!
    Paladin.jpg
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How can we influence quests getting featured?
    dec2014nwsig.png